Sign in to follow this  
FeatherSton3

Infantry only maps Invasion

After awhile, I get bored of having vehicular warfare and just want to battle it out on the streets with the enemy. I think there needs to be more infantry only maps. Perhaps adding an invasion version for infantry only? 

This type of gamemode would give a D-day sort of feeling as far as strategy and outcome goes. 

Edited by FeatherSton3

Have to say, No please not. We had ages without vehicles and walking the whole point is  the expansion of maps. There are infantry layers. 

I'd like to see more variety within the existing maps. I am sure OWI can give us various versions like we have seen during the development. It can be nice to have a quick 150 ticket sumari inf only after the 500 ticket PAAS slog of chora. Some of the villages and play areas of large maps are easy candidates for a small bunch of objectives. The old Chora valley one can be fun.

3 hours ago, suds said:

I'd like to see more variety within the existing maps. I am sure OWI can give us various versions like we have seen during the development. It can be nice to have a quick 150 ticket sumari inf only after the 500 ticket PAAS slog of chora. Some of the villages and play areas of large maps are easy candidates for a small bunch of objectives. The old Chora valley one can be fun.

Yep, infantry only Sumari was a favorite map back before vehicles. Before everyone starts whining, it's been expanded twice since then, so the caps were close. There's no reason you couldn't have a good infantry only layer on every map, fighting over a limited area, using different game modes too. One logi like CaptDirty suggested, or cooker fobs. King of the hill. Capping sectors instead of AAS.