Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

Discord: verification breaking [FIXED]

Hi all,

It is annoying that i even had to post this but i had no where else to turn (that i know of).

Discord's verification email thing is broken for me - let me explain.

"Send email verification" sends an email to my g-mail address - except it sends to a .com.au address instead of my actual .com (no.au) address.

so i decide to go into Discord settings and change my email address (apparently i added the .au for some reason <shrugs>), and it edits fine, so i add my password to confirm and change ... and it errors back with "email is currently registered" which i know is wrong because i just changed it on the screen!

ergo i cannot change the email address or get the verificaftion to work.

i don't want to make another account because then i will need yet another email address (coz the other "email is currently registered"), so is there any way an admin can fix my email address for Discord (drop the ".au")

cheers!

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack

48 minutes ago, LaughingJack said:

i don't want to make another account because then i will need yet another email address (coz the other "email is currently registered"), so is there any way an admin can fix my email address for Discord (drop the ".au")

Remember a few months ago you posted that their verification system was broken, I'm guessing you registered an account at that time with that original email address, so you can probably just go to the login page, put in your real email and click the Forgot Password thing and recover that account

https://discordapp.com/login

Best of luck 

Thankyou @Psyrus that worked - you are a legend!

i registered ages ago and had even posted a couple of times in there but after it's last update about a month or so ago it broke somehow.