Legion_X

[WIP] Samland Peninsula [Vanilla]

Name: Samland Peninsula

Size: ~4x4km

Teams: RUS vs US / New Faction vs RUS confirmed

Gameplay: AAS, (maybe Invasion)

Description: A steep coastline and a flat landscape makes Russia's first line of defense in the Kaliningrad Oblast.
Cut off from the motherland, the exclave has to fight for its own. NATO forces are preparing a bridgehead on the northern cape to distract the enemy concentrated at the borders and gain a foothold to proceed to the city of Kaliningrad.
Beeing the highest military infested area of the republic, an experienced Mechanized Regiment has been detached to make a fierce counterattack and push the invaders back into the sea.

The local air base makes this area a main objective for both sides. Open fields, light woods, villages and a town marking the area.

Minimap: will be added

Screenshots:

DtmmwBMjSiOzcYbYGguQjg.png  hY-gulCbQGaA_6EJdUG2Sg.jpg

zQtIQJzfSK_Pewc69rO6fQ.png  5o9-DLetSH2ErfD0YAjHAA.png

fLj77keuSbeo1B3-r0K7Ww.png  McPrQnALQfKjJxxm3rg6BQ.png

hBc6UrXYQN26GT64V2vQYg.png

@Major Trouble The runway was kind of short. I measured it and it was around 190m. The real one is 500m long. Since this is not a 1:1 map, i made it 250m long now.

@DanielNL I used World Machine.

10 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

looking great! very nice.

Major Trouble; maybe VTOL only? ;)

I didn't see a catapult or arresting lines for simulated carrier ops so I guess VTOL (helis) would be the only option. 9_9

9 minutes ago, Legion_X said:

@Major Trouble The runway was kind of short. I measured it and it was around 190m. The real one is 500m long. Since this is not a 1:1 map, i made it 250m long now.

I have no idea what the regs say the length of such a runway should be but it just looked a scary short length to land on, even in a glider. I am not one to worry to much about technical details just as long as it looks right. If I am totally honest I don't think the refueling? station in the foreground should be directly in line with the runway run off either. But hey, it might be there IRL which you seem to be modelling from. 

Two indipendet Anti-Submarine Helicopter Regiments are stationed on that Airbase, so no planes/jets land there, only helicopter use it. Yes, the map is based on the RL location.

5 hours ago, Legion_X said:

Two indipendet Anti-Submarine Helicopter Regiments are stationed on that Airbase, so no planes/jets land there, only helicopter use it. Yes, the map is based on the RL location.

Heli hype!!!! We have an airbase.

I love the layout, it feels different and I can't wait.

Edited by CHRIS//