Hey @Dimmie, thanks for the interest mate. Yeah, i'm still working on it; it's a labour of love :) ... also, learning how to UE4 along the way  ;)

Lately, RL's been getting in the way as well.

Posted (edited)

UPDATE: 24/07/19:

stuff  done: (current SDK version 14)

- Soldiers: Mutable soldier&children, modified Movement speed, removal of Stamina, removal of Sprint, removal of Bandage function.

- Teams: multi-faction teams, modified roles & loadouts, related UI stuff.

- Gamemode: using the standard AAS_Gamemode(modified), default soldier, remove claiming & related, mod kill-death ruleset, mod scoring ruleset, remove Logistics ruleset, +others.

- Weapons: ADS zoom fixed to max of Focus. Focus essentially disabled.

- Tickets: counting the total number of Caps owned, only.

- Armoury: 'global usage' ammocrate, related UI stuff.

- HUD menu-rose: removal of all un-needed options (build. HAB & marking of. - those sorts of things).

- Night-Day cycle: finished at this point.

uther stuffs: working on.

- working on a Vehicle Allowance function,    < abandoned indefinitely at this stage.

- Vehicle Abandon Function: add abandon timer function to vehicles. < still in progress; would be really handy to have access to the vehicle parent classes ;)

- Vehicle mouse steering: < still in progress; would be really handy to have access to the vehicle parent classes

- PSP: Cap with Spawn  < see below

- Weapons: supressed SMG

- Climbable: tree(s).

Problems:

- how to get mortars/tows be man-deployable - i sure they're in there someplace i just aint found em yet - the one i used crashed the SDK everytime i selected the role.  <abandoned indefinitely at this stage. i've decided not to bother with these weapons atm.

The Cap with Spawn is the critical thing now and virtually the last thing required for the 'gameplay' side of things - just waiting to see what on earth is going on with AAS now in SDK14 before i can even tackle it.

Cheers!

.LJ

Edited by LaughingJack
small updates 27/07

Great work mate. @LaughingJack       One of my Beefs with the current Squad is using (ASDWX Keys)I don't like it,I'm not used to it bacause I've always used (Arrows keys for movement) also using Mouse for steering will be a Plus.Really I'm not mentally Tech on this subject but would have thought this Little bits would be easy for UE4 to implement?

I know it ain't easy but you will get there. :D

Squad:JointOps lets hope some of our Old brothers come & join in.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:19 PM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Great work mate. @LaughingJack      ...

would have thought this Little bits would be easy for UE4 to implement?

cheers mate, much appreciate the support ;)

it would be easy if the Classes were accessible - havta wait n see, ay.

On 7/27/2019 at 5:24 AM, LaughingJack said:

cheers mate, much appreciate the support ;)

it would be easy if the Classes were accessible - havta wait n see, ay.

How soon will you have a working prototype? I was also wondering did you consider or have you already reskinned the US faction in Woodland and/or DCU and did you ever have any luck making a pure TDM game mode with no tickets?

Posted (edited)

@Zylfrax791:

working prototype when AAS is worked out - atm pretty much nobody knows how AAS is supposed to be set up now, or with what assets; the previous AAS parts, that worked fine, are now gone, with no obvious replacements. i need the AAS Capture Zones and Spawns (spawns seem to have disappeared as well) to create the PSP-style Cap and until this happens i can't finish the mod, unfortunately.

I'd be happy to have the old scripts back, to use, if they still worked. < see edit, below

Re-skinning - nope. not done any as i'm using modified vanilla factions stuffs, mostly, particularly, Soldiers; I think somebody made up a PS template for re-skinning the soldiers but that must have been nearly 2 years ago now. i'll have to likewise mod the vehicles as well, unless we get access to those Parents.

TDM - well what i have now is basically TDM, coz no PSP's (oh, and i can't place Spawns, coz missing  < found em again - was searching in the wrong way). It does mean, which i've done, that you have to go in and modify the KillDeath and Scoring Rulesets and something else i can't think of atm - basically removing ticket costs from everything you can find - i'm setting tickets (1) to each Cap so when the last is taken the losing team loses their last ticket = end game.

so yeah TDM is pretty easy to do actually.

Again, my brickwall atm is: AAS stuff and Spawns missing from the(My) SDK .  < AAS is working again - actually, it has been for a while but we couldn't work out how to use it (huge thanks to @warmaster2143 for the AAS vid he did)

Edited by LaughingJack
update

man i cant wait for this mod Jack. I will religiously play this! Hope everything works out so we can get this puppy rollin!

10 hours ago, Dimmie said:

man i cant wait for this mod Jack. I will religiously play this! Hope everything works out so we can get this puppy rollin!

Is that you @Dimmie from<:MFH:> JO Squad?

UPDATE: 02/09/19:

hey guys.

thanks @Dimmie, much appreciate the support! :)

here's a vid update of my progress so far.

i'm gunna do another soon with some detail on the changes i've made to the soldiers and the armoury.

here>

cheers!

Edited by LaughingJack
add pt2

On 8/7/2019 at 7:50 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Is that you @Dimmie from<:MFH:> JO Squad?

yeah thats me :D

On 9/2/2019 at 2:52 AM, LaughingJack said:

UPDATE: 02/09/19:

hey guys.

thanks @Dimmie, much appreciate the support! :)

here's a vid update of my progress so far.

i'm gunna do another soon with some detail on the changes i've made to the soldiers and the armoury.

here>

cheers!

This is awesome Jack. Great work and keep at it bud. A lot of people that play squad are old timer delta force players and im sure it will get some play :D

Oh.... Sweet. 

Btw.. JO did have "player deploy-able assets" ... kind off.. There were the armory top of the truck if you still remember, but rarely seen outside custom maps. 

There were two much annoying weapons one is the sniper (minor) and the tubenade (major PITA), at least at the later years when there were only handfull of players.

Edited by WARti0k0ne -BG-

7 hours ago, WARti0k0ne -BG- said:

Btw.. JO did have "player deploy-able assets" ... kind off.. There were the armory top of the truck if you still remember, but rarely seen outside custom maps. 

There were two much annoying weapons one is the sniper (minor) and the tubenade (major PITA), at least at the later years when there were only handfull of players.

ah yeah, forgot about those - the drivable armoury :)

there was also a mobile PSP, iirc it was some kind of de-turreted BMP.

like you said though, hardly ever seen.

the tubenaders were our biggest annoyance, to the point it was outlawed on at least one server we played on regularly.

the snipers, we just flanked'n'shanked those n00bs ;)

Edited by LaughingJack

UPDATE: 18/09/19:

CaptureZone with attached SpawnPoint (PSP)

Have now got a working PSP on the Cap with:

1. Switching ownership between teams.

2. Being enabled by the capture percentage.

3. Counting Friendlies v Enemies and outputting their total count to the screen.

ie: if you own the cap 100% you can spawn; if less than 100% your spawn will be disabled, until you 100% own the cap again ... or loose the cap entirely, of course ;)

still to do:

1. perimeter map icon and scaling of it to suit cap perimeter size(s) - would be nice if this was adjustable too.

1.1 'alert' (under attack) flashing state for perimeter.

2. Weight Of Numbers to effect changes to the flag capture tick rate.

UPDATE: 18/09/19:

stuff  done: (current SDK version 14)

- Soldiers: Mutable soldier&children, modified Movement speed, removal of Stamina, removal of Sprint, removal of Bandage function.

- Teams: multi-faction teams, modified roles & loadouts, related UI stuff.

- Gamemode: using the standard AAS_Gamemode(modified), default soldier, remove claiming & related, mod kill-death ruleset, mod scoring ruleset, remove Logistics ruleset. and other stufffs.

- Weapons: ADS zoom fixed to max of Focus. Focus essentially disabled. < actually i still have to copy all the weapons i need and mod them.

- Tickets: counting the total number of Caps owned, only.

- Armoury: 'global usage' ammocrate, related UI stuff.

- HUD menu-rose: removal of all un-needed options (build. HAB & marking of. - those sorts of things).

- Night-Day cycle: finished at this point. < tho i'm gunna experiment with the tickrate of it - running 'ontick' looks weird and stutterey.

- PSP: Cap with Spawn  < nearly completed, see post above ^

uther stuffs: working on.

- working on a Vehicle Allowance function,    < abandoned indefinitely at this stage.

- Vehicle Abandon Function: add abandon timer function to vehicles. < still in progress; would be really handy to have access to the vehicle parent classes ;)

- Vehicle mouse steering: < still in progress; would be really handy to have access to the vehicle parent classes.

- Weapons: supressed SMG

- Climbable: tree(s).

Edited by LaughingJack