E Thomas

Why Squad players can't play Call of Duty

I've had the day off work and was sitting there watching TV when my Brothers old PS3 caught my eye so I took a hold of the controler and swiched the thing on.

I see that Call of Duty MW2 was in the PS3 so I thought let's give it a little go. Got into a rather pissed off server where I made the mistake of asking "What's the plan lads?" expecting to get the responce of " Let's take the APC" or " We're gonna push North DC". Instead I got " Go to ye Mothers house and get ma willy wet pal" by a young Scottish lad who should of been in school as he didn't sound like he smoked 40 a day like most of the Scot males do. The game started and I got my weapon and ran towards a house when I came under fire. The guy next to me screamed down the mic at me when he saw that I had taken some cover behind a car. I asked why he wasnt behind the car next to me but by the time I say that I was killed twice and he was up by 3 to 4 kills. 

As I started to get into the game I got the thing named Last Chance. So before you die you will have your last chance to defend your self by killing anyone who's around you (Apart from team).  As I've been shot and landed on the floor I called out and said " Any medics around?" I then got the responce of " **** off this isnt BF1 mate" 

Well this is it from me!

Thank you for reading this badly worded post! xoxoxo

The toxic community of CoD, BF etc is the number one reason why I do not play them or like them anymore. The last CoD I played and enjoyed was Big Red One. I tried BF3-4 a hundred times and I get the same experience as you. Medics doing nothing but shouting in mic at others with really crappy definitions of humor or just the general lack of teamwork and maturity.

I understand jokes, I do. SovietWomble, Karmakut, Operatordrewski etc are all a hoot to watch but good lord nothing is more annoying than hearing a 7 or 12 year old boy squeak into the mic about yo mama, his anatomy or screaming racial "jokes" at you. It luckily seems to be less of a problem in games too hard for them, like Squad, Arma, PR etc.

1 hour ago, E Thomas said:

I've had the day off work and was sitting there watching TV when my Brothers old PS3 caught my eye so I took a hold of the controler and swiched the thing on.

I see that Call of Duty MW2 was in the PS3 so I thought let's give it a little go. Got into a rather pissed off server where I made the mistake of asking "What's the plan lads?" expecting to get the responce of " Let's take the APC" or " We're gonna push North DC". Instead I got " Go to ye Mothers house and get ma willy wet pal" by a young Scottish lad who should of been in school as he didn't sound like he smoked 40 a day like most of the Scot males do. The game started and I got my weapon and ran towards a house when I came under fire. The guy next to me screamed down the mic at me when he saw that I had taken some cover behind a car. I asked why he wasnt behind the car next to me but by the time I say that I was killed twice and he was up by 3 to 4 kills. 

As I started to get into the game I got the thing named Last Chance. So before you die you will have your last chance to defend your self by killing anyone who's around you (Apart from team).  As I've been shot and landed on the floor I called out and said " Any medics around?" I then got the responce of " **** off this isnt BF1 mate" 

Well this is it from me!

Thank you for reading this badly worded post! xoxoxo

Call of Duty is soley about the gunplay (something which squad sorely lacks). It is mindless fun because of its reflex based gameplay. Squad is about predicting where your enemy will be/is going to be (thats literally all you have to do to do good).

Edited by Randall172

Squad > Arma III > BF > CoD 

I used to be a heavy BF2 / BF3 player until the franchise went cops & robbers and now BF1 is complete disaster. Squad is currently in Alpha but it feels like such a complete game compared to the rest of the garbage out there so I'd like to take this time and thank the devs and the community for contributing and continuing making this game awesome. :) 

One thing that in my opinion will keep squad awesomeness over the years is the modding ... When the community can decide what they want for the game and the devs even support it , the game may never disappoint the community . 

They do have really nice graphics, but graphics aren't everything. :P

Spoiler
1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

They got nice graphics though and guns...  cod-4-remastered-7.jpg

Is that from latest CoD?

Edit: Yepp cod4, I'm blind

Edited by Ginastic
blind

Says COD 4  remastered on the picture...

Edited by XRobinson

the business model of recent COD and BF is what really put me off them. I don't want to play the same maps over and over and pay for the new ones just because the accounts department reported that this is the most profitable way of release.

There could be hundreds more maps and multiple variants on the gameplay with little extra cost to the production teams. The business model would fall over if they made the games with a longer lifetime. 

Developer: I have 30 maps ready to go. 

Accountant: Release 6

Accountant: Make them pay for 2-3 more at regular intervals.

Developer: But that will reduce the fun for the players!

Accountant: Pfft. Get back in the cell.

I play the start of every squad round the same as I did COD4, most experienced players do the same. It is identical in that there is an empty map with no risk of death for a short period.

Run at the enemy in an intelligent way, win with reflex or prediction (95% of players have no creativity). Get behind the lines and go for the action.

The biggest difference for me is the space available.

Once day the devs will read my posts about random squad rally points appearing around the map to simulate an existing battlefield and make the start of the round less predictable.

I did play BF2 i had somwhere around 800 hours and BF3 had around 600 i think not sure really.Stopped playing because of to many hackers and no one give a s..t the worst thing was even the admins in game started hacking.And not to forget you needed to empty the whole clip in someone to kill him.

I get the same experience in Squad as well, it's quite common in every multiplayer game nowadays.

I cant play any shooter that requires a confusing multi button controller and stick to move... it would make me salty too... those games are built around being a loner so there is no sense of team.. I love insurgency and DOI for a run and gun spawn and die fest and chuckle at those that try to bring an element of tactics to it... most annoying is sneaking through the map, taking your time only for a guy to run full sprint past you and get 4 kills before the nade that was aimed at him lands at your hiding point and you die without firing a shot... although I have to admit this also sounds like my playing time on squad......

you can tell the COD guys when they come onto squad and try to SL.. they either go very quiet and say 'eh.....' a lot .. start losing and blame everyone for not following orders and rage quit 1/4 of the way through the match...

Don't read too much into it and don't be an elitist.

I can play all the shooters no problem. I've played years of ARMA, years of Battlefield, years of Call of Duty and now Squad as well. I can still enjoy them for what they are. Everyone is different, some of you guys might not even be able to step foot outside of Squad, some of us can play any shooter.

You guys should stop painting everyone with the same brush.

5 hours ago, Assifuah said:

Don't read too much into it and don't be an elitist.

I can play all the shooters no problem. I've played years of ARMA, years of Battlefield, years of Call of Duty and now Squad as well. I can still enjoy them for what they are. Everyone is different, some of you guys might not even be able to step foot outside of Squad, some of us can play any shooter.

You guys should stop painting everyone with the same brush.

Hehe, it's almost as if gaming has come along enough that we can play anything, but choose to play the games we like. I've got my complaints about CoD (and Battlefield, and Brink, and Joint Ops, and PUBG -- who doesn't?), but there's room in my life for all of 'em if I'm in the mood.

Watched this funny clip, showing BF2 wasn't perfect, like everyone thinks it was...

Shows all games have flaws I think...

3 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hehe, it's almost as if gaming has come along enough that we can play anything, but choose to play the games we like. I've got my complaints about CoD (and Battlefield, and Brink, and Joint Ops, and PUBG -- who doesn't?), but there's room in my life for all of 'em if I'm in the mood.

Yeah, Oldish geezer like me I did cut my tooth somewhere on the early 90's with Wolfenstein3D and then both DOOMs, Duke Nukem 3D then Lagfested Quake soon there were Unreals and every other arcade shooter I managed to get hold in to. I enjoyed every game, I still do enjoy most of the games, but I couldn't enjoy Battlefield4 (or get my MMOFPS fix) after playing almost 10 years of Joint Operations, it just wouldn't happen.

The Battlefield is great what is does as slightly camp and cartoonish military themed barren arena shooter, but its requirement for utilizing brains is ultimately close to zero. It doesn't tick the right boxes no more for me, I do need that intellectual requirement for gameplay and gameworld that most arena shooters can not give. While I had many fun moments in my 100 hours exposure to battlefield franchise in form of shotguns, doorways and bunny hopping enemies, in a bigger context the experience were lame. Playing in every map felt like I would have been in some aquarium "Return to the area Soldier in 0:1234" Geesh...

So yeah there is games that might not tick ones box after felt love in certain type of games, all natural. Some love raw fish, some can not stand such a vulgar food.

On the other hand I do not really like the elitism too often seen on the "real military simulator " game growds, while I'm sure I have done it a few times in my life, it is no doubt a pretty childish.

Umh I can play COD although I don't any more. This was Black ops on xbox. I only played hardcore search and destroy. (no crosshair, 1 shot kill). I played as 'Glossia'.

See what last stand gets you? That's right, a tomahawk in the face (blind throw too).

See what you get when you miss your first shot against me? That's right, a tomahawk in the face.

See what you get when you try to defuse my bomb? That's right, a tomahawk in the face.

See what you get when I have C4? That's right, blown up.

Fun game. Strictly for casuals and kids.

Edited by Loxy.357

Worth checking out the War mode in the current beta, incidentally. =)