Chewy   

When going ADS after reloading or maybe some other action, if you engage Aim Down The Sights too early before the action is finished you have to let off ADS and reapply.  This for me feels odd, in my opinion this would feel much smoother if when ADS is applied early when reloading, your sights would automatically raise when the reloading action finished if in my case the button is still held.  I don't toggle ADS so are unsure if this is a issue when toggled or whether it would conflict?

Peerun   
2 hours ago, suds said:

i use toggle ads and havent noticed anything like this

Well technically you must have. You aim -> You reload -> No longer aiming.

Edited by Peerun

DaiaBu   
2 hours ago, Peerun said:

Well technically you must have. You aim -> You reload -> No longer aiming.

Think OP is talking about the other way around.

- He hits reload

- As the reload comes to an end, he holds down the ADS key a little early expecting to bring the gun up as soon as the reload is finished.

- It doesn't, so he has to release the key, and re-hold it.

Suds doesn't notice because he uses toggle ADS, so he doesn't notice the scenario as much - if he goes to ADS before the reload is complete, it wont work, and he'll just tap it again afterwards. OPs issue is only noticeable if holding down the ADS key. Maybe this will change after the animation/inventory system overhaul and wont be an issue anymore?

Peerun   
8 minutes ago, DaiaBu said:

Think OP is talking about the other way around.

- He hits reload

- As the reload comes to an end, he holds down the ADS key a little early expecting to bring the gun up as soon as the reload is finished.

- It doesn't, so he has to release the key, and re-hold it.

That is literally the same thing.

DaiaBu   
39 minutes ago, Peerun said:

That is literally the same thing.

How so? The OP is referring to attempting to aim after reloading:

"When going ADS after reloading or maybe some other action, if you engage Aim Down The Sights too early before the action is finished you have to let off ADS and reapply."

Correct me if I'm wrong, you seem to be referring to doing the action the other way - reloading whilst already aiming.

Which isn't the same thing because hitting reload will interrupt your ADS, but hitting ADS won't interrupt your reload.

Edited by DaiaBu

Peerun   

It's the same thing, because reloading will interrupt ADS. Period.
It has priority, whether you ADS before starting the reload or during the animation.

DaiaBu   

Which is exactly why someone who uses toggle ADS wont notice the problem the OP is talking about as much, because they won't be holding a key and expecting the game to have 'queued" the command to bring up ironsights as soon as the priority reload action has finished. Hence having to take your finger off the key and reapply it.

Edited by DaiaBu

Chewy   

Thanks DaiaBu you have explained my problem exactly.  I guess most people must toggle there ADS then?  It just feels wrong and clunky for the sights not to raise after reload just because I have pressed ADS fractions of a second to early during the animation.   I would even go as far to say if I hold ADS not toggled and reload continuing to hold ADS throughout,  after reload animation has finished ADS should reengage automatically as after all I am holding that button.  This costs me dearly during gameplay, am I the only one that does not toggle ADS?  I am sure this problem exists after running also which is frustrating. 

Edited by Chewy

Peerun   
21 hours ago, DaiaBu said:

Which is exactly why someone who uses toggle ADS wont notice the problem the OP is talking about as much, because they won't be holding a key and expecting the game to have 'queued" the command to bring up ironsights as soon as the priority reload action has finished. Hence having to take your finger off the key and reapply it.

Exactly.
Furthermore, there seems to be a divide across the designs of different features in Squad.
For example, crouching down and then sprinting will put you back into a crouch after the run is over.