Sign in to follow this  
XXLpeanuts

Name tag distance selection/toggle

I cant tell you the amount of times i die due to an enemy being covered up by a players name tag, especially when that player is dead and the enemy is on top or next to him.

Now I get why they are there, sometimes you need to know someones name to call out to them. And noobs will probably tk a lot more without them. However for someone who knows what they are doing, having name tags show up any further than like 10m is a serious hindrance and i wish so much i could either disable them all together or change the distance at which they show like rising storm 2 let's you.

Any chance we will see this? Should be possible as its possible with UE3 at least and should not require any further processing like the ray casting version we used to have. Seems like the best middle ground to me.

yeah, been a couple threads already for this or similar. i would think that the issue has been noted for action by the Devs - certainly you're not the only ones - they would be working on something.

Numerous threads already exist about this topic, some only a month or two old. I don't think we need another one yet. Search for "nametags" and you should be able to come up with a bunch of them right off the bat.

/locked