dor

Optic zooming includes the visuals *outside* of scope

dor   

Looking through optic scope (with Right Mouse Button) magnifies also the visuals *outside* of scope.

But the zooming should happen only inside of scope.

Here's a proper image of scope zooming:

PSO-1_Reticule_BehindLines01-28-2012.jpg

Draco   

They know that. But it is very hard to do since it causes major lag (having to render both your proximity and the area in the distance where you're zoomed at.)

dor   
2 minutes ago, Draco said:

They know that. But it is very hard to do since it causes major lag (having to render both your proximity and the area in the distance where you're zoomed at.)

Could you please refer me to the discussion?

I didn't find it with the search function.

Draco   
2 minutes ago, dor said:

I didn't find it with the search function.

I cant remember where I've read it but it's a very common problem in almost every other shooter aswell

This kind of pip for the scopes kills your fps. I think it was implemented at very early stages of alpha (or maybe just in some promo video prior to alpha) but developers decided not to use it because of the huge impact on fps. No online shooter like this uses it, not even ARMA, which is an infantry sim.

The only game I play that uses it is Escape from Tarkov: 

It´s awesome, but also demanding in terms of fps and skill (at first it´s a bit tricky to aim properly with magnified scopes). EFT is an online game but the number of simultaneous players is 3-9 + IA, which spawns periodically, and the size of the map and draw distances are smaller than they are on SQUAD.

beginna   
1 hour ago, dor said:

But the zooming should happen only inside of scope.

People call this many things such as “PiP (picture in picture)” scopes, or “R2T (render to texture)” scopes, or the way less accurate “3D scopes”.

1 hour ago, dor said:

here we go:

also:

On 23.11.2016 at 4:39 AM, Z-trooper said:

We aren't touching any scopes, reticles or sights until the new weapon system is in place. There are too many fundamental problems as it is to proceed and to improve things a tiny fraction when it will be replaced and redone completely.

tl:dr

We know. Patience.

DaiaBu   
4 hours ago, DuarthVader said:

This kind of pip for the scopes kills your fps. I think it was implemented at very early stages of alpha (or maybe just in some promo video prior to alpha) but developers decided not to use it because of the huge impact on fps. No online shooter like this uses it, not even ARMA, which is an infantry sim.

The only game I play that uses it is Escape from Tarkov: 

It´s awesome, but also demanding in terms of fps and skill (at first it´s a bit tricky to aim properly with magnified scopes). EFT is an online game but the number of simultaneous players is 3-9 + IA, which spawns periodically, and the size of the map and draw distances are smaller than they are on SQUAD.

Just to correct you here, Red Orchestra has had this effect for a long time and didn't seem to be that resource intensive. Although granted, it's not as graphically intensive as other games. 

Gatzby   

There's been some work on scopes (occasionally as a hobby project), so it is something we continue to evaluate. Like Ztrooper said, he's into it, would love to see it work, but you have to do it in such a way that it doesn't tank other important things (like fun). You never know, though, especially as we continue to grow with new talent. =)

With the performance gains in 9.9 I guess pip scopes might be back on the table of options at some point in Squads future. When I say options I hope it is an option and not force lower powered PC users off the bottom of the playable fps band just for some realistic eye candy.

3 hours ago, DaiaBu said:

Just to correct you here, Red Orchestra has had this effect for a long time and didn't seem to be that resource intensive. Although granted, it's not as graphically intensive as other games. 

I forgot it. :D

Melbo   
19 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

With the performance gains in 9.9 I guess pip scopes might be back on the table of options at some point in Squads future. When I say options I hope it is an option and not force lower powered PC users off the bottom of the playable fps band just for some realistic eye candy.

PIP scopes really need to be either on or off in games for all to make it fair.

L0cation   
39 minutes ago, Melbo said:

If talking performance... In a perfect world i would personally prefer to have something more cook like let's say .... Huge map with 200 player servers ? But i guess i can just keep dreaming ..

2 hours ago, Melbo said:

That's the beauty of it being an option. If eye candy is your priority and you have the hardware to pull it off by all means turn on PIP. If your PC can't handle it or you really feel it puts you at a disadvantage turn it off. It's really no different to low - epic shadows options.

15 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

That's the beauty of it being an option. If eye candy is your priority and you have the hardware to pull it off by all means turn on PIP. If your PC can't handle it or you really feel it puts you at a disadvantage turn it off. It's really no different to low - epic shadows options.

Shadows are even more disappointing since the "epic" ones had been massively downgraded compared to before. They need an "Ultra" setting for shadows that actually makes them sharp.