Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Ace!   

With helicopters arriving in coming updates, i was thinking about how fobs might be seen from the air. I'm not entirely sure how fobs are eventually going to be used but my suggestion is to have some sort of camoflague net, to try and hide fob locations.

 

This might be difficult because of open areas, little tree cover, different foliage colors on each map. I thought this would be useful for teams who have built a forward operating base and rely on keeping it hidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ace! said:

With helicopters arriving in coming updates, i was thinking about how fobs might be seen from the air. I'm not entirely sure how fobs are eventually going to be used but my suggestion is to have some sort of camoflague net, to try and hide fob locations.

 

This might be difficult because of open areas, little tree cover, different foliage colors on each map. I thought this would be useful for teams who have built a forward operating base and rely on keeping it hidden.

It's funny you bring up camo nets because my son just asked me last night why they weren't available to cover up FOB's and HAB's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also funny because i swear there were cammo nets in the first iteration of Jensens Range, yet i cannot find them in the SDK to use in my maps. Could a Dev let us know if they have been removed or will be back again, or am i just losing my marbles?

 

ps: cammo nets will most likely be easily seen from the air as well - at least in the context of this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ace!   
1 hour ago, LaughingJack said:

ps: cammo nets will most likely be easily seen from the air as well - at least in the context of this game.

Yeah thats what i thought, it would be great if they blended in but i think they would be quite visible on the current map

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40mmrain   

they would be nice. Concealing habs is pretty important and something to help break up their dramatic silhoeutte would be a good use of hammers. Doubley so when we have air vehicles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The nets should be able to mimic color/somewhat the texture that they are placed on to make them less visible in game and simulate adding environmental camouflage to the net and making it fit in like in real life.

Edited by Catindabox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried to get a real picture of camo as it looks from sky, but no matter what I type in google I get phone covers and swimming pools, maybe that is what camo looks like from sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ace!   
6 minutes ago, XRobinson said:

I tried to get a real picture of camo as it looks from sky, but no matter what I type in google I get phone covers and swimming pools, maybe that is what camo looks like from sky.

The camo would just have to blend in with the surrounding terrain, making it a lot harder to spot placed buildings etc.

 

As Catindabox said, that colour would have to mimic the surrounding terrain. Either mimicing the terrain they are placed on, or just a set texture for each map. (Fools road would be dark green, whereas kohat would be yellow)

 

This way, when you fly over a fob in a helicopter, it would hopefully be a lot harder to spot. It could possibly even hader for infantry to spot, depending on if the net went to gound level so that it looks like a hill.

 

Some sort of implementation would be handy but it wouldn't have to be as complicated as im describing haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried again and found some ground pictures of camo netting, but pic files are large.  I think maybe these are for high altitude cover from satellites and high air recon planes, low altitude choppers unless your over high density jungle can when flying over make out the camo cover prob with 90 percent accuracy is my guess.  So choppers would need to fly directly over or very close and can identify camo cover is my guess, unless your in high density forest or jungle. Or high density urban area or large desert that looks same in all directions, and netting matches desert to a tee.

Edited by XRobinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LugNut   

I liked how they worked in ARMA with command vehicles, you could park the vehicle and then choose to deploy the netting. It at least softened the silhouette when you stuffed them into vegetation. 

 

 

Edited by LugNut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CptDirty   

I agree that camo nets on HABS should be implemented with the arrival of air vehicles. Perhaps include an option for SL's when placing a hab to change the camo of the net to match the terrain it is being placed on or not have one at all. Just make it an optional thing. This way if the netting extends by a few feet from the sides of the HAB it can be placed in an open area surrounded by trees and be less conspicuous from the air. Or if placed in a building have the option to not have a netting at all since...well...it's in a building lol....

 

Camo Net are needed! +11 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Woolsock   

Camo nets are ridiculously effective if sett up correctly. Just Google Baracuda camouflage systems. 

I'm guessing the US has forgotten how to camouflage their stuff since they started fighting insurgents. Just recently the US started getting back into camo net systems I believe. 

Any fighting position or other structure should be camouflaged. Even if the colour is off a little, there are other parts of camouflage that can be done. Shape, shade and silhouette mostly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be nice to see what they look like from sky in helo, so we can judge how effective it really is in game.  You really cant tell on the ground, I suspect, you as the player is camoed and cant be seen, but the pilot and spotter sees the camoed vehicle and knows something is there.  Be cool if you could set up nets to decieve, make them think vehicles are there camoed but are really someplace else. You would need to set up nets anywhere then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
CptDirty   
16 hours ago, XRobinson said:

It would be nice to see what they look like from sky in helo, so we can judge how effective it really is in game.  You really cant tell on the ground, I suspect, you as the player is camoed and cant be seen, but the pilot and spotter sees the camoed vehicle and knows something is there.  Be cool if you could set up nets to decieve, make them think vehicles are there camoed but are really someplace else. You would need to set up nets anywhere then.

+1 decoy nets

 

Hell if it's implemented, someone could build a decoy HAB with 4 HESCO walls and put the actual hab someplace else. HAHA! 

Edited by CptDirty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
L0cation   
8 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

+1 decoy nets

 

Hell if it's implemented, someone could build a decoy HAB with 4 HESCO walls and put the actual hab someplace else. HAHA! 

Yea that would be awsome ! But might be a bit of a waste of supplies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13.9.2017 at 2:25 AM, LaughingJack said:

Also funny because i swear there were cammo nets in the first iteration of Jensens Range, yet i cannot find them in the SDK to use in my maps. Could a Dev let us know if they have been removed or will be back again, or am i just losing my marbles?

 

ps: cammo nets will most likely be easily seen from the air as well - at least in the context of this game.

I think you are now loosing your marbles mate. Mixing with Joint Ops base structures?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2017 at 5:39 PM, LugNut said:

I liked how they worked in ARMA with command vehicles, you could park the vehicle and then choose to deploy the netting. It at least softened the silhouette when you stuffed them into vegetation. 

 

 

Camo net on vehicules, camo net on fob, camo net everywhere please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Throw Camo net over injured players?  Or over someone prone? Maybe sneak up behind someone and throw it over their head as a weapon... :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
embecmom   

oh oh.. we will have a net curtains thread shortly following up on the curtains one.... but agree fobs will be easy to spot from air...so this is good idea...

On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 0:25 AM, LaughingJack said:

Also funny because i swear there were cammo nets in the first iteration of Jensens Range, yet i cannot find them in the SDK to use in my maps. Could a Dev let us know if they have been removed or will be back again, or am i just losing my marbles?

 

ps: cammo nets will most likely be easily seen from the air as well - at least in the context of this game.

that's cause their camo you cant see them ;)

On ‎17‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:58 AM, XRobinson said:

 

Throw Camo net over injured players?  Or over someone prone? Maybe sneak up behind someone and throw it over their head as a weapon... :)

omg its not the LOTR invisibility cloak !...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×