Mister Skippy

Add a suppressing fire command

I know i know before you tell me that it has been already posted,i'm not speaking about a voice command or a radial menu thingy.

I can ensure you that 50% of Squad's players including me (before a while ago :P) are not aware that suppressing fire is very important and needed in combat.

Some people just tend to shoot unless they see an enemy peeking and hold fire until he comes out again of that corner. NO NO!

Suppressing is needed and those 5 or 6 mags (not really sure) were given for a reason which is KEEPING the enemy pinned down so your squad mates such as medics and AT's can do their job properly especially your squad leader.

So one simple suggestion which may have been suggested from a different point of view (but i did use the search bar moderators :P):

ghLfUGB.jpg

You see that enemy markers thingy? Just switch that name to Markers instead or keep it like that afterwards:

pcOKxdU.jpg

Add a suppressing fire icon in between these 4 markers and that's it.You know that these markers can be put unless you are looking at that exact location so for example when my guys are panicking and need guidance i just look at a wall place a marker and ask them to suppress it,we will have enough time to get revived or retreat.

Your suggestions are needed buddies xD AND I REAAAAAALy need this as an active squad leader.

Edited by Mister Skippy

Since the squad members would have to open their map, zoom in and try to figure out what part of the world corresponds to the marked area... wouldn't it be far easier to just say...

"Suppress the attack marker area" where they can just refer to their compass and know in an instant where you want them to shoot? :)

I will support anything that increases the amount of suppressive fire.

I often take a few potshots into smoke or toward a treeline before moving or to support the movement of teammates.

I know that when i hear a close hit or the whooosh of passing fire, I react, so I am imagining other players doing the same.

What that reaction is will vary from running faster to ducking down or returning fire but it does take focus off what might be an easy target. Even if this is a tiny reaction or delay to firing it is still effective.

Of course you can just say "suppress the area north of the flag" or "fire west even if you cant see them!".

For new or less intelligent players it might not be so obvious why this is being ordered :) 

If ammo is available or I have a short life expectancy I tend to empty clips as suppression before reloading.

10 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Since the squad members would have to open their map, zoom in and try to figure out what part of the world corresponds to the marked area... wouldn't it be far easier to just say...

"Suppress the attack marker area" where they can just refer to their compass and know in an instant where you want them to shoot? :)

Markers putted from the map are really different from these ones i posted in the images. Because when you put these ones such as the "helmet marker" and you have friendlies in proximity,they can see it in 3D mode if they are looking in the same direction (i hope you understood hahaha)

Edited by Mister Skippy

I am against this This is why : 

IMO putting enemy icon on appropriate location should be enough information. If you are rushing thru alley way or defending fob and a teammate from other squad goes down w/o you noticing. They should be able to talk to you in local 'hey 335, contact' or something like that. If you are down and he/she didn't hear you, you should rally to your SL and relay the info to the appropriate squad... I think that's what teamwork really shines for 

This is just my opinion, I am all ears for others too