kev2go

M16A2 for insurgent forces

Tittle says it all, AS an alternative to the M4, Id like to see the M16A2 included, since like the m4 that probably be around ( and has been found ) in occasion in insurgent arsenals.

For grenadier could also possibly add the M16A2 with M203 addon.

On 9/11/2017 at 8:44 PM, Mister Skippy said:

Seems like a good idea but i'm not sure they are using it in real life.

as opposed to the M4 being offered as a insurgent class weapon? 

Look if m4's can be found thier way into insurgent hands( justification for including 2 slots for them in insurgent classes as an alternate to the more readily available  AKM & Ak74's)  I really don't see why not the M16A2 as well. After all M16A2's have been retired from the US army and USMC ( maybe except for boot camp Qualification courses) and have been available in surpluses.  IF a insurgent could have found an M4 via black market acquisition its even more plausible to get thier hands on some M16's. 

hence why it wouldnt be unrealsitic or out of place to include also a very limited # of slots of the M16A2 like they did with the M4.

What certainly would add something Unique if there was A M16A2 with M203 Slot for the  Grenadier insurgent class as an alternate to the Ak74 with GP25 launcher.

Image of fighters in SYria.... 

note a guy with an M16A2 in the right corner....

C-btm8ZUwAEkLBI.jpg

more visible image of a militiaman with an M16A2.

CfOc8RvW4AAjWTu.jpg

Insurgent with M16A2 with m203 grenadier model

remember-iraq-wheeled-trucks-burning-17-

Edited by kev2go

There is also a short version with an adujstable stock of m16a1/m16a2 that looks almost exactly like the m4 the only noticable difference being the carring handle .... I know that HAMAS uses plenty of these type of m16's . and in my opinion insurgents should have these type of old school m16's

On 9/14/2017 at 6:14 PM, L0cation said:

There is also a short version with an adujstable stock of m16a1/m16a2 that looks almost exactly like the m4

so you mean Car-15? the direct predecessor to the m4?

Car 15 M727

MZh4OPG.jpg

CAR 15 M733 ( shorter barrel)

799px-Colt_Model_733.jpg

M4 vanilla

ColtM4_FirstVersion.jpg

It wouldnt make sense to have both CAR 15, and the M4, because Functionality wise they are the same ( Burst and Semi auto) and the M4 in the insurgent faction right now does not have any accessories, and is represented as Factory fresh model with the Carry handle being attached, and the having standard handguard  ( No picatanny railings)

M16A2 on the other hand would at least look more different plus be slightly more effective than the A carbine rifle that is the M4 series.  due to barrel length it the Bullets have some extra more effective range ( 100m) , accuracy  and a bit better penetration because of that.

the only noticable difference being the carring handle .... I know that HAMAS uses plenty of these type of m16's . and in my opinion insurgents should have these type of old school m16's

M16A2 is would  technically be considered old school by today's standards.  Nearly entirely Retired from US Army and USMC service ( only at Boot camp basic qualification course they may  still have some of these around)  HAs no picatanny railings, And carry handle is not removable.

Personally the M16A2 also has a grenadier version that would work a alternative to the AK74 gp 25

M16A2_M203.jpg

Edited by kev2go

4 minutes ago, kev2go said:

so you mean Car-15? the direct predecessor to the m4?

1200px-AR-15_Sporter_SP1_Carbine.JPG

MZh4OPG.jpg

It wouldnt make sense to have both CAR 15, and the M4, because Functionality wise they are the same ( Burst and Semi auto) and the M4 in the insurgent faction right now does not have any acceories, and is represented as Factroy fresh model with the Carry handle being attached, and the having standard Grips vs the Pictanny railing that US M4A1 has.

M16A2 on the other hand would at least look more different plus be slightly more effective than the A carbine rifle that is the M4 series.  due to barrel length it the Bullets have some extra more effective range ( 100m) , accuracy  and a bit better penetration because of that.

M16A2 is would  technically be considered old school by today's standards.  Nearly entirely Retired from US Army and USMC service ( only at Boot camp basic qualification course they may  still have some of these around)  HAs no picatanny railings, And carry handle is not removable

So are you FOR having this ar15 model for insurgets or NOT ? I just can't really tell .... Just wanted you to know that here in israel the short version of the m16a2 is still used quite alot ( and israel is considered a very advanced army ), this version is the standard weapon for the artillery and armor corps ( while the m4 and the tavor are issued for ground forces )  , and many soilders actually do modify thier m16's with forgrips , flashlights and lasers here by getting sepical underbarrel rails .

21 minutes ago, L0cation said:

So are you FOR having this ar15 model for insurgets or NOT ? I just can't really tell ....

no. This topic is about suggesting the m16A2

Also  Because we already have the M4 for the Milita & Insurgent faction... its too similar in its current configuration to the Car15. I don't mind having the M4 staying as is tBH ( or M16A2) if added. Given Militia/Insurgents are not a professionally trained or well equipped front line fighting force , it fits the lower tech look of the faction to stick with ironsights and not have railins, or accessories such as fore grips.

Even so the current milita factions are represented as Eastern European (  perhaps Ukrainian militiamen) , and the other as a Middle Eastern ( representing the type of insurgents that were fought in Afghanistan or Iraq)

And id rather see the m16A2 as a additional alternate rifleman option , though more so  as a Grenadier option, since there are none to the Ak74 with the Gp25 launcher

M16A2_M203.jpg

Just wanted you to know that here in israel the short version of the m16a2 is still used quite alot ( and israel is considered a very advanced army ), this version is the standard weapon for the artillery and armor corps ( while the m4 and the tavor are issued for ground forces )  , and many soilders actually do modify thier m16's with forgrips , flashlights and lasers here by getting sepical underbarrel rails .

Sure would be great addition. IF Israel as a faction is added.

Edited by kev2go

ISIS uses a lot of 16's captured from the Iraqi army, add it to their forces but only as a limited kit, maybe give it some kinda optic or smth

Edited by Marijuanoz

2 minutes ago, Randall172 said:

i just want full sized rifle caliber bolt action (no scopes needed)

1 shot in the body and they drop

With pump-action and bolt-action systems in the game , a whole new realm of weapons would be added by the modding community :x