SpecialAgentJohnson

Stat indicator for when game is cpu vs gpu capped

I know there is stat fps and that stuff, but I would like an easier way to see whether you are being cpu capped of capped by the gpu regarding the fps. I am thinking a new command that just displays maybe text "gpu" or "cpu" for the moment. Maybe also a % ratio average them between would be nice. I know there are game vs draw thread times but I feel it is somewhat complicated to actually know that you understand them correctly. I think an indicator like this would make it much easier for people to know whether they should buy a new cpu or a new gpu. I think it would be quite nice and easy to implement as well.

Completely pointless, the game shouldn't be telling you what hardware to buy xD

20 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

They are somewhat difficult to read and interpret, especially when running around.

With the level of mental capacity that the average squad player has, I somehow doubt it's an issue. 

The numbers also go yellow & red when your frames get "bad" and "shit" respectively :)

You can use Afterburner combined with HWinfo and going further log desired Data and pack them up in a Calc sheet so you can make fancy Diagramms that show a correlation between Core usage , GPU usage Frametimes and so on.

Offcourse you need to know how to interpret certain Data to come to a conclusion.

I think thats also Psyrus point no one wants a game thats telling you what to buy by showing GPU/CPU without an inside on the raw data to keep it transparent .

1 hour ago, moppel said:

You can use Afterburner combined with HWinfo and going further log desired Data and pack them up in a Calc sheet so you can make fancy Diagramms that show a correlation between Core usage , GPU usage Frametimes and so on.

Offcourse you need to know how to interpret certain Data to come to a conclusion.

I think thats also Psyrus point no one wants a game thats telling you what to buy by showing GPU/CPU without an inside on the raw data to keep it transparent .

Or devs can implement it in 5 seconds so everyone else don't have to do it. Game won't tell you what to buy. Silly argument.

20 minutes ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Game won't tell you what to buy. Silly argument.

4 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

easier for people to know whether they should buy a new cpu or a new gpu

o.O

Is there still need for that stuff since 9.9???

*statunit and look to the colors of GPU and Game

Green=evrything is fine

Yellow=something is bad

Red=you're in real trouble