Stroudy415

Specs to run in decent quality

My specs are

3.1GHz i5 2400k quad core

GTX 750 1GB Vram

8 gigs of ram

elite motherboard

im just wondering what quality i could consistantly run the game on.

what i need to update...

Im going to get 4 gigs of ram today. 

12 minutes ago, Peerun said:

I'd be suprised, if you could run it at all. Well probably at a Powerpoint Presentation framerate.

Why? Whats the problem. What do i need to improve?

5 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Everything.

Ive ran a few games on it already.

im just interested in this game so im trying to figure out what to upgrade or anything.

i couldnt run it atleast medium picture settings?

Psyrus   

Due to the performance improvements from 9.9 and the fact that your CPU is quite close to the minimum recommended specs of the i5 2500K, the only part that may let you down is the GTX 750. I would say purchase it and try it with everything set to low, you may get some decent frames but it's really hard to tell. 

The plus side is that you can just refund within 2 hours of gameplay if your framerates are crappy :) Or wait for the next free weekend (if there is one)

6 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Due to the performance improvements from 9.9 and the fact that your CPU is quite close to the minimum recommended specs of the i5 2500K, the only part that may let you down is the GTX 750. I would say purchase it and try it with everything set to low, you may get some decent frames but it's really hard to tell. 

The plus side is that you can just refund within 2 hours of gameplay if your framerates are crappy :) Or wait for the next free weekend (if there is one)

Okay, ill try it out.

What should i upgrade too? i7? And maybe gfx 1000 series?

L0cation   

I think you it would be alot better for you to go for a nice overclockable i5 with a nice cooling system , it would be better for you overall not just for squad .

And yes a gtx 1000's series would be awsome i would suggest a 1070 if you the budget . 

But please note that even with this setup the game is still in alpha so performance are going to largly increase later down the line , so you should wait atleast for the beta version to get optimal performance .

Edited by L0cation

Psyrus   
3 hours ago, L0cation said:

I think you it would be alot better for you to go for a nice overclockable i5 with a nice cooling system , it would be better for you overall not just for squad .

He already has an overclockable i5, not sure what chipset his MB is though

3 hours ago, Stroudy415 said:

What should i upgrade too? i7? And maybe gfx 1000 series?

I will be running some performance benchmarks tonight on v9.9 to contrast the performance against v9.8.

I'll post a link in this thread after I am done. In my personal opinion due to the reports I've seen on discord from people in 9.9, I would think you should be able to squeeze out 30fps+ average at all low...

Here are some reports from people with similar (but generally a little more powerful) PCs to you:

EU2RsBDPRa663Wng-IS1gQ.png

43MYqS7WT8OtBXDIWQgicw.png

QSD8099BQS61ZwTwA-X2Sg.png

LmVh1xs8Sw6IMUG8_Ji-Tw.png

Nossa   
14 hours ago, Stroudy415 said:

My specs are

GTX 750 1GB Vram

8 gigs of ram

elite motherboard

what i need to update...

Im going to get 4 gigs of ram today. 

This is not bad specs, but certainly not great. If you have a K-Edition intel CPU, you need to be overclocking that thing. Its literally free performance that takes about as much effort as selecting an item from a drop down.

But as far as your specs go, Your CPU i would say is just slightly underperforming in this game, though its better than a Pre-RYZEN era CPU.

The graphics card you are using is inadequate flat out.

RAM is good but more is better.

Basically you just need a new graphics card the most. I'm assuming you play at 1080p so what i would recommend that you upgrade to, depends 100% on what you have to spend $$$.

Skul   
On 9/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, Stroudy415 said:

My specs are

GTX 750 1GB Vram

8 gigs of ram

16-24 solid FPS on all-low graphics in 720p resolution.

On 9/10/2017 at 11:49 PM, Stroudy415 said:

what i need to update...

7700k, SSD, 1080ti and you should be golden: you will just might get 60 FPS, from time to time xD 

15 hours ago, Nossa said:

RAM is good but more is better.

It isn't. You don't need more than 8 GB of RAM to play Squad, unless you turn texture streaming off. Then yes, you need more than 8 GB.

You can have 8 GB of RAM and 32 GB of RAM working in double-channel mode, and you'll get the exact same FPS.

Edited by Skul

Nossa   
2 hours ago, Skul said:

7700k, SSD, 1080ti and you should be golden: you will just might get 60 FPS, from time to time xD 

It isn't.

So you want this guy, whose already on a budget machine to go buy the biggest and best? That's like telling a first time teen driver that a great first car would be a Lamborghini. If wanted the best, he wouldn't have to ask, he would just need fat stacks of cash and walk to the nearest best buy.

But as far as  practical advice, Upgrade your CPU to a used 4000 series Intel i5 CPU like an i5 4670. Pair that with a used GTX 770/780 or 970 and you can get 60 FPS as medium/high. How much money you have to spend matters more than anything else for you. If you only have $100-200 to upgrade then not much you can gain. But $300-$400 will buy you enough to basically max out squad at 1080p. Especially after this new performance update that just came out.