embecmom   

only thing I would change is that it costs tickets for losing it.. i.e the no. that are left on it when found, whilst rallies are annoying to lose they are not deemed important enough to protect because the cost nothing.

suds   
On 09/09/2017 at 8:10 PM, SaviorOfSouls said:

1. Rally Point indicator that the enemy is behind the wall, you can not put Rally Point, since the enemy is near. So it's not logical and gives a hint to the team that the enemy is near. This is bad, it turns out that the enemy can not play in silence mode.

2. Rally Point is removed, if the enemy has passed next to the wall, then the team on the map will also see where to look for the enemy, since the Rally Point has disappeared. This is bad!

3. Disappearing RP without digging out, reduces the hardcore mode.

P.S. Translated via Google.

I understand that if you remove 1 and 2 items, then the installation of the RP can always be set, but you can make a time limit!

These are good points. Clearly many who posted in this thread with a negative to the original idea did not read them or did not understand them.

What the OP is suggesting actually nerfs the rally point. Enabling the suggested "dig to remove" would mean it cannot be used as a magical enemy detection device (this is a secondary use and huge benefit which I exploit constantly). 

I would add spawn delays to the suggestion in the same way they work on FOBs. Timer jumping/increase means enemy close but you can still spawn (and be shot by the camper) but this is your choice. A rally could be silent unlike a FOB radio but perhaps make a sound when a player spawned, eg a the sound of a player dropping to the ground. Perhaps the rally should be destroyed by other damage as well, this benefits the shooter in that they dont need to go to the rally, and the team spawning as they wont get spawn killed so much :)

I honestly don't agree with any of this...having to dig a rally would be terrible for gameplay simply because people will camp it and on top of that when your boy is pulling out his shovel to dig it people will just be spawning on it making for some really un imerrsive gameplay...the whole reason they came out with the hab idea was to stop spawn camping by making a enclosed spawn area(people use to spawn on a open radio) you guys are essentially asking for the same problem to come up again. And as for limiting the amount of rally points a squad leader can use ...that will just turn the game into a running simulator as every time your squad gets wiped you will have to spawn at main or a fob...and let's not mention if your logistics truck gets destroyed what then?????? You can't build fobs,can't re up on rally points and simply have to spawn main over and over and over again...

The system that is emplace took a while to develop and has been around and built on since project reality days almost 10 years ago now... Don't fix what isn't broken please

suds   

the only time it is wrong to camp a rally is when you:

• Need to move on
  • have people around who might shoot you
  • have enough kills already :)

ie, if you camp the rally you are costing the enemy tickets, helping your team. If they cant communicate enough to prevent this loss then they deserve to lose.

When you walk up to the rally 10 seconds would be added to the spawn timer, plenty of time for the few dig actions it would take to remove it. In addition to this and wherever possible, your teammate covers you as you dig it.

Honestly though, camp the rally whenever possible...at least take a few tickets from the enemy before you wipe it.

I think that the addition of the HAB (fob spawn) was more to separate the valuable radio from the killzone of the HAB and was intended to make it harder for a single player to remove a radio. There is some added cover but I think this was secondary. Spawn killing is completely acceptable and should be encouraged to increase communication (mainbase camping is poor sportsmanship).

On 9/11/2017 at 6:00 AM, ♠DEG♠ said:

The system that is emplace took a while to develop and has been around and built on since project reality days almost 10 years ago now... Don't fix what isn't broken please

I concur. Leave it the way it is and move on.

2 hours ago, suds said:

Honestly though, camp the rally whenever possible...at least take a few tickets from the enemy before you wipe it.

We used to get kicked (or banned can't remember) because of doing this. Killing 20+ spawning on fob and then destroying it, or killing everybody who spawns on the rally until they themselves spend the number of spawns on that rally. 

The so called "good servers" are so cancer. If you step out and for a second and do something out side of the box of average "good player", outside of their comfort zone all of a sudden they will accuse you of some petty made up stuff and then kick you off the server.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

The so called "good servers" are so cancer. If you step out and for a second and do something out side of the box of average "good player", outside of their comfort zone all of a sudden they will accuse you of some petty made up stuff and then kick you off the server.

Yup. And then they wonder why nobody will populate their servers. 2FJg on the other hand uses Squad vanilla guidelines and is always full. Jeez I wonder why? 

5 hours ago, suds said:

I think that the addition of the HAB (fob spawn) was more to separate the valuable radio from the killzone of the HAB and was intended to make it harder for a single player to remove a radio. There is some added cover but I think this was secondary. Spawn killing is completely acceptable and should be encouraged to increase communication (mainbase camping is poor sportsmanship).

Not at all...it is actually easier for one player to remove a fob now that the hab is in. Because you don't have to dig the object that the enemy is spawning on directly. So unless the radio is right next to the hab you can dig it all sneaky like while the enemy spawning on the hab has no idea....and although spawn camping is a reasonable tactic and will never be eradicated completely limiting it by having Rally's dissipear when enemy is close and also having a hab(enclosed spawn point) is all implemented to make it less viable for single players to camp a spawn.thus to facilitate team play. Ie coordinated assaults on the fob location. And it worked great..

the developers are the shit btw no *** sucking inteded but they really take alot of time to think about what they implement in terms of how it effects gameplay, mainly how it does or does not promote coordination and teamplay.reward team play and handicap solo cod style players. That's why this game is the beez knees

Edited by ♠DEG♠

4 minutes ago, ♠DEG♠ said:

Not at all...it is actually easier for one player to remove a fob now that the hab is in. Because you don't have to dig the object that the enemy is spawning on directly. So unless the radio is right next to the hab you can dig it all sneaky like while the enemy spawning on the hab has no idea....and although spawn camping is a reasonable tactic and will never be eradicated completely limiting it by having Rally's dissipear when enemy is close and also having a hab(enclosed spawn point) is all implemented to make it less viable for single players to camp a spawn.

Honestly I think its time to remove the FOB radio sound as I suggested in one of my very first posts here. It's just simply too easy to find FOB's, especially on the smaller maps. I really like the HAB's and how they're very concealable.

I agree with that...if not just no more radio..and have the hab make a sound..simply to stop people from sneak digging. Until something like that happens just put the radio by the hab or your screwed

Edited by ♠DEG♠
Autocorrect sucks

LugNut   

You could easily reduce the "using a rally as a enemy detection device" by delaying it's visual removal from the map by 20 seconds or so. It will vanish in game while still remaining on the map, although no longer spawnable. 

I don't see a problem with RP disappearing as a form of intel on enemies nearby. Just as long as nearby enemies stop the ability to spawn at a range before it disappears. Medics have the advantage of seeing injured/dead players and that offers the same level of intel which I generally pass onto my SL when appropriate/relevant.

L0cation   

Maybe the fact that enemies are nearby shouldn't effect rallys at all ... Maybe people should spawn at thier own risk of dying right afterwards ... And if you suspect that enemies have spotted the rally and are now camping it you will have 3 choises : 1. Spawn anyways at the risk of dying right afterwards .... 

2 . if you suspect that enemies are near make sure that a friendly can look around and see if the spawn point is clear ( give squad leaders the abillity to lock rallys from spawning on them if they belive it's too dangerous ... Thats will be meant for squads that don't listen to thier squad lead on voice as much ) , rallys should be used for an easier way to group up not to bring back whole teams to have more uncoordinated pushes . 

This option would bring even more teamwork. 

or .... Option numer 3. Use ****ing vehicles ! Plenty of them are just sitting there doing nothing at spawn ! Are people too afraid for the tickets they cost ? Then lower them or something . 

On 2017/9/13 at 2:08 AM, Zylfrax791 said:

Yup. And then they wonder why nobody will populate their servers. 2FJg on the other hand uses Squad vanilla guidelines and is always full. Jeez I wonder why? 

PR has fobs and rally points but the mechanics are very different. Rally points, for example, have unlimited spawns but they vanish automatically after a minute. They're used to regroup your squad so you can push in together. The Squad rally point just encourages players to run in one at a time and is less effective at encouraging teamwork.

L0cation   
3 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

PR has fobs and rally points but the mechanics are very different. Rally points, for example, have unlimited spawns but they vanish automatically after a minute. They're used to regroup your squad so you can push in together. The Squad rally point just encourages players to run in one at a time and is less effective at encouraging teamwork.

Yea that's exactly what i always keep saying ... We need squads to group up properly and push together this could be achived by nerfing rally points and a getting people to use vehicles as a transportation tool more often .

And we abosultly gotta do something about rallys giving away enemy positions ,  one of things i like the must about this game is that intel about enemy movment and position is critical and we gotta make it even more ctitical by eliminating these type of connection between rally points and the proximity of enemies . 

Another idea maybe could be something like that : change the rally system to something like that - make it actually a rally point where to only way to spawn on the rally would be by having 3 squadmembers around it ( that would insure rally is safe to spawn on ) it if less that 3 are alive than it shouldn't be possible becuase then it's not a rally .... It's a ****ing teleportation device for the whole squad , ofcourse for squad with smaller amout of people that could be tweaked for let's two people around the rally or something .

Edited by L0cation

suds   

Similar ideas discussed in link above.

Copied here for lazy ppls :)

Currently an enemy near your spawn increases spawn time.

Suggestion:

A friendly near your spawn reduces spawn time.

Example:

I'm down, I am in the open so the medic says to respawn. I spawn on our rally after a 30 second timer. I hear my squad taking casualties so I wait within a radius of the spawn, defending it if you like. My squad mates spawn is reduced by 5 secs, he spawns in and the next person to spawn gets a 10 sec reduction as we are both within the rally radius. We move as a group toward the objective, the rest of our squad gets wiped a minute later and they all have a 30 sec timer. They ask us to return to the spawn area and as we enter the radius their timer drops by 15 secs. We all move together singing Reunited by Peaches and Herb 

L0cation   
8 minutes ago, suds said:

Similar ideas discussed in link above.

Copied here for lazy ppls :)

Currently an enemy near your spawn increases spawn time.

Suggestion:

A friendly near your spawn reduces spawn time.

Example:

I'm down, I am in the open so the medic says to respawn. I spawn on our rally after a 30 second timer. I hear my squad taking casualties so I wait within a radius of the spawn, defending it if you like. My squad mates spawn is reduced by 5 secs, he spawns in and the next person to spawn gets a 10 sec reduction as we are both within the rally radius. We move as a group toward the objective, the rest of our squad gets wiped a minute later and they all have a 30 sec timer. They ask us to return to the spawn area and as we enter the radius their timer drops by 15 secs. We all move together singing Reunited by Peaches and Herb 

Hahaha nice story man ! But i would still personally prefer that rallys won't give intel about enemies not matter how close they are , for that we have communications , and the uncertainties about whether you should spawn on a rally or not should be at your own risk , or just use more coordination and make sure friendlys cover the rally before spawning , easiest solution i can come up with it's make rallys available to spawn on only when squad mate are very close to it ,that would must likly insure it's safe . 

Why not make it like you dont have a squad leader kit?

That way you gonna need 3 or 4 squad members to deploy a rally.

I think we can nerf the rally by this way, or you can only place a rally if you have the entire squad with you in 10m at least. Thats how should be a real rally for your full squad.

embecmom   
4 hours ago, Ancient ifrit said:

Why not make it like you dont have a squad leader kit?

That way you gonna need 3 or 4 squad members to deploy a rally.

I think we can nerf the rally by this way, or you can only place a rally if you have the entire squad with you in 10m at least. Thats how should be a real rally for your full squad.

think it would be impossible using entire squad.. always someone off somewhere whether its wandering off or on mortars or supplies... rallies need a bit of sorting out though to make them either harder to place or more expensive to lose.

On 21/09/2017 at 9:21 AM, embecmom said:

think it would be impossible using entire squad.. always someone off somewhere whether its wandering off or on mortars or supplies... rallies need a bit of sorting out though to make them either harder to place or more expensive to lose.

Yeah. Maybe that's  too much.

But if you think about what rally really is, the entire squad isn't that bad but for gameplay it is.

I think rallies need to be nerf and 4 or 5 guys to deploy a rally seems reasonable.

Edited by Ancient ifrit

L0cation   
20 minutes ago, Ancient ifrit said:

Yeah. Maybe that's  too much.

But if you think about what rally really is, the entire squad isn't that bad but for gameplay it is.

I think rallies need to be nerf and 4 or 5 guys to deploy a rally seems reasonable.

Yea sounds a really simple yet contributing nerf , but we still need to do something about rally giving information about enemy proximity , rallys should be spawnable only when enough squad members are around it in order to secure the area , in the end it's a "rally",  a place where the squad rallys not some magical spawn point for the whole squad in a middle of nowhere or an enemy detection radar .

Edited by L0cation

Elirah   

I would like to see this implementation:

- you need 1 squadmember to place the rally.

- you cant place it if the enemy is near (70 meters)

- it will despawn after 1 or 2 minutes

- if it despawned it has a cooldown of 2 minutes

- if its overrun (enemy got closer than 70 meters) you have a cooldown of 5 minutes

- you can refresh the cooldown when you are in mainbase or any point where you can resupply