Dear community!

I propose that the Rally Point be destroyed by the enemy only when digging out, and not when the enemy is near. If you also want it to be so, then vote, put a plus or minus if you do not want.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Mumble said:

I don't think rally points need any more buffs. Why would this be beneficial to gameplay? 

1. Rally Point indicator that the enemy is behind the wall, you can not put Rally Point, since the enemy is near. So it's not logical and gives a hint to the team that the enemy is near. This is bad, it turns out that the enemy can not play in silence mode.

2. Rally Point is removed, if the enemy has passed next to the wall, then the team on the map will also see where to look for the enemy, since the Rally Point has disappeared. This is bad!

3. Disappearing RP without digging out, reduces the hardcore mode.

P.S. Translated via Google.

I understand that if you remove 1 and 2 items, then the installation of the RP can always be set, but you can make a time limit!

Flat896   

I agree with the other guys. Rallies are too strong as it is. A properly hidden rally with this system will allow for a full squad to pop up right inside a cap zone, even while it is contested by a large number of enemies. 

Mumble   

your google translate is pretty rough so it's hard to deliberate on any of your points:

2 hours ago, SaviorOfSouls said:

1. Rally Point indicator that the enemy is behind the wall, you can not put Rally Point, since the enemy is near. So it's not logical and gives a hint to the team that the enemy is near. This is bad, it turns out that the enemy can not play in silence mode.

2. Rally Point is removed, if the enemy has passed next to the wall, then the team on the map will also see where to look for the enemy, since the Rally Point has disappeared. This is bad!

3. Disappearing RP without digging out, reduces the hardcore mode.

P.S. Translated via Google.

I understand that if you remove 1 and 2 items, then the installation of the RP can always be set, but you can make a time limit!

if you really want a hardcore mode, there should be no rallies at all honestly. they disrupt proper gameplay flow more than anything else.

L0cation   

I personally don't like rally points as much .... People like spawning on them and rushing to the obejective to die again too often ... I know that this creates a longer lasting fights that i personally really like , but alot of new players keep using this tactic to just keep spawning and rushing again . in my opinion there should be a higer value for reinforments , that is they should come from the main base BY VEHICLES**** that are hardly used for transport in my opinion ... I see to many vehicles not used at the main base or thrown parked somewhere and not used .... In my opinion less rally points will give a higher value to FOBs making keep them like a real mini objective to keep safe , and make vehicles a must for transportationof troops , this will also probably teach new players stop rushing and dying on the point becuase running from a FOB is alot harder and they will probably will have to wait for a vehicle to come by and pick them up . 

In conclusion : less powerful rallys will make team work , transportation , vehicles and FOBs alot more essential. 

12 hours ago, SaviorOfSouls said:

Dear community!

I propose that the Rally Point be destroyed by the enemy only when digging out, and not when the enemy is near. If you also want it to be so, then vote, put a plus or minus if you do not want.

Thank you!

Devs have the rally situation fine tuned perfectly. The whole system is actually quite brilliant to be honest. I say leave it alone and move on.

3 hours ago, L0cation said:

I personally don't like rally points as much

Then let the developers make a limit on the RP for the squad leader, like bandages. For example 3 RP for the whole game.

L0cation   

Or maybe even better ! Make rally point an item that the squad leader can "buy" with logistics points from a FOB and or main base ( should be expensive ) and after it's used the squad leader would have to go by another FOB or main base again to Buy a new one , making arming FOBs overall alot more important . 

1 minute ago, L0cation said:

Or maybe even better ! Make rally point an item that the squad leader can "buy" with logistics points from a FOB and or main base ( should be expensive )

I agree with you, this idea good! The main thing is that the RP is destroyed only by digging with a shovel.

If your idea is promoted, then let it be possible to take only 1 RP on FOB. Then you need to return to the FOB for the new RP. And let the RP be expensive.

7 minutes ago, L0cation said:

Or maybe even better ! Make rally point an item that the squad leader can "buy" with logistics points from a FOB and or main base ( should be expensive ) and after it's used the squad leader would have to go by another FOB or main base again to Buy a new one , making arming FOBs overall alot more important . 

Bad idea. SL would probably just choose to respawn at a FOB instead. In a lot of situations it would quicker. They won't take the time to go back to a FOB to reload with RPs when they have their squad relying on them to provide their spawn point. No RPs are fine as they are. Maybe have a enemy contested range you can't spawn- 100m? and have it disappear at say 50m. They should also increase the unplacable range to 100m as well.

L0cation   

Glad that you agree with me on this one , in my opinion a rally should not replace vehicle transportation , if anything rally should be in high frequency with more rapid spawn times for the unconventional forces ( millitia , isurgents ) to give a feel like the invading forces are actully invading , and it is the unconventional forces land so they can be almost anywhere and set up abushes for the that would be possible now since the conventional forces are finally going to actually use vehicles , it's two birds with one stone ( you make unconventional factions feel better and unique ,letting them move more quickly around the map , giving an ilusion of fighting a larger force that the area belongs to , and actually giving them the abillity to set up ambushes since the invading force would have to actually drive vehicles and not only send 3 guys on a safe ride to god knows where to set up a rally and let the rest of the squad spawn in , vehicles should move carefully and the roads should be dangerous .

Summary about RP new behavior:

1. Can deploy RP even if the enemy is near.
2. Limit on the RP at SL. For example, you can install only 1 or 2 RP, then you need to charge the FOB.
3. RP destroyed by the enemy, only digging with a shovel or stand on RP.

Edited by SaviorOfSouls

L0cation   
27 minutes ago, Major Trouble said:

Bad idea. SL would probably just choose to respawn at a FOB instead. In a lot of situations it would quicker. They won't take the time to go back to a FOB to reload with RPs when they have their squad relying on them to provide their spawn point. No RPs are fine as they are. Maybe have a enemy contested range you can't spawn- 100m? and have it disappear at say 50m. They should also increase the unplacable range to 100m as well.

So let. It be ! Less rally points overall, or let them spawn on the FOBs  , fobs are not as easy to deploy and sustain as rallys , people should stop use rallys to group the whole squad in the middle of no where , vehicles should be used for that , tell me how many times you've come across guys that keep throwing thier bodies on the point just becuasr they know that there is a rally that they can just spawn on and reapet? I've seen alot of these unfortunately , we can stiil have great fights , FOBs should be insanly essantial , they should act like a mini main base a mini obejctive , always covered with fortifications and implacments to keep it safe , a place to park vehicles safely to advance rather than dump them somewhere , FOBs should be obvious it's ok for the enemy to know it is there , it shouldn't be used as it is used right now where you send 3 guys to build it hidden somewhere to make sneaky spawns , and rallys should be used to maybe bring back one or two dead squad members back to the squad , not teleport the whole squad to a guy standing behind enemy lines , and imo everyone! But everyone at the begining of a round should be in a vehicle , don't want to hear this "hold spawn wait for rally / FOB at the begining of every game . thank god we have big maps and even bigger are on the way so vehicles should be used to get behind enemy lines if you would like to pull this off , but as i said in my recent post i don't mind it being like it is right now for thr irregular factions because that should feel like that for them , like they are everywhere and can set up ambushes for the conventional forces that would have to go throw them all ( that's why they Will have armoured vehicles , and helis for )

Edited by L0cation

CptDirty   

I'm looking at the current spawn mechanic like this (this is just a rule of thumb, obviously it's done differently sometimes but for the most part...):

FOB/HAB - Defensive spawn. Placed in such way so that the team has a spawn point close to the first or second order of caps to secure it in order for the team to have a spawn point to fall back to. Example would be the Outskirts/Refinery flag on Al Basrah for the U.S. team (AAS).

Rally Point - Offensive spawn. Placed in such way so that a Squad has a forward spawn closer to the next objective. Used to move the squad to an objective that will allow the rest of the team to move forward. Example would be Oasis/Suburbs flag on Al Basrah for the U.S. team (AAS), considering U.S. team has already a FOB in place on either Outskirts or Refinery. 

Now, before anyone starts tripping out about different tactics and ways to use FOBs and Rally's, I know...I know...but my point is that Rally Points are GENERALLY used as an offensive spawn. Currently the spawn mechanic is fine tuned however I personally think that proxy burn should be eliminated and a quick shovel shove or two would be ideal to remove it. This would help balance the defensive/offensive tactics of the game especially now looking at different suggestion on the forums of making the FOB's cost more tickets when lost. 

But hey....that's just my opinion. 

L0cation   

Yea well i agree, the enemy proximty thing should go away .... But all the talk about this topic made me really want that rapid rallys ( like we have right now ) would be only a irregular faction thing becuase of the reason i've mention above , and more limited rallys like maybe a single use rally that has to be re-armed at a FOB should be a thing for the convintional forces .

Conventional forces should relay more on abvious powerful FOBs and heavy vehicles to travel , while the unconventional forces on the other hand should relay more on rapid rallys to move quickly around the map and make gurilla attacks and set up ambushes .

L0cation   
3 hours ago, Axel said:

Makes no sense to me, this would turn in a spawn camping festival. I believe RP are okay in the moment.

I am sorry man i think i don't understand why you are thinking like that , care to elaborate please ?

Edited by L0cation

L0cation   

Why should they do it ? That's exactly what i am talking about man ... People relay on rally points to much ! Rally point should be used to bring back some missing squad members back to the squad and not all of them for a constant attacks in waves of people on the point ! Rallys should be more valuable and used only for the reason mentioned above - and by the way this constant presence of rally points makes people just give up right after they die instead of waiting for a medic , cause it's just easier to quickly spawn on a close rally and rengage to die again becuase of lake of coordination since every member spawns back and runs to the point whenever he likes .  i can't stress this enough - people ( atleast conventional forces ) should use vehicles to move around the map not magical spawn points all over the map .... That would also make lonewolf run and gun new players stop using this tactic of spawning back instantly and run to the point  since it won't be possible , reinforcments should come as big orginazed waves , not like the way it is right now .

Edited by L0cation