Bonnie Money

Unassigned player classes

3 hours ago, madcat768 said:

no to everything,

there are no nurses on the battlefield. real life recon is done in groups of people with rifles, lmgs and everything else. 

There is no rifleman alone too but we have it and if the word nurse tickles people up we can find an other name, corpsman is better I agree (or ''medical assistant'').

Instead recon, pathfinder or spotter. We can add him binoculars and m14/svd without scoop.

CptDirty   
20 minutes ago, Bonnie Money said:

There is no rifleman alone too but we have it and if the word nurse tickles people up we can find an other name, corpsman is better I agree (or ''medical assistant'').

Instead recon, pathfinder or spotter. We can add him binoculars and m14/svd without scoop.

Lol you're hellbent on giving incentives for unassigned players to not play as a squad. Your suggestion goes against cooperation and teamplay, both of which are fundamental to this game. The unassigned players should remain with the basic rifleman kit until they join a squad that's actually doing work or get kicked. 

Instead of giving unassigned players an incentive to stay unassigned, how about we give them an incentive to join a squad? Like better weapons, access to strategically placed rally points, access to vehicles? Oh right...we're already doing that. 

Ein   
2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Incorrect. Squad has team text chat.

Fine they will be bale to communicate with the 5 people that read team chat.

Could just give them a walkie talkie where they can only chat with other non assigned persons, then all unassigned become a squad unto themselves.  :) Then they are in a squad the unassigned squad.

Is it possible that an unassigned group of individuals can group up and become a squad without being in an official squad on the team screen?

Like in WW2 when paratroopers had to makeshift new units on ground because they got scattered all over in wrong areas and didnt drop in same spot with their units.  They formed ad hoc on ground with whoever was around them in same spot.

Edited by XRobinson

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Instead of giving unassigned players an incentive to stay unassigned, how about we give them an incentive to join a squad? Like better weapons, access to strategically placed rally points, access to vehicles? 

The problem is you don't need to join a good squad to get these things, you can just make a useless squad : you play alone in a squad with SL kit, wait for people to come in, choose what you want to play else(Sniper or vehicules or shit), then quit and leave a squad alone with no purpose which is egal to have unassigned players that think they are in a squad.

99% of the time this ''kind'' of squad is useless. 

So I rather give unassigned players a role with minor equipement that help team and blocking Solo SL instead of promoting the useless squad.

Edited by Bonnie Money

CptDirty   
1 minute ago, Bonnie Money said:

The problem is you don't need to join a good squad, you can just make a useless squad : you play alone in a squad with SL kit, wait for people to come in, choose what you want to play else(Sniper or vehicules or shit), then quit and leave a squad alone with no purpose which is egal to have unassigned player that think they are in a squad.

99% of the time this kind of squad is useless. 

So I rather give unassigned players a role with minor equipement that help team and block Solo SL instead of promoting the useless squad.

Or when planning on leaving the squad as an SL, ask your squad mates who would like to take over the SL role? If no one volunteers you can either elect a new SL yourself or quit and let the game elect a new SL. You shouldn't dissuade yourself from playing in a squad from fear of being elected SL. Trial by fire brings the best in us sometimes. 

I think your suggestion is focusing more on the individual gameplay whereas I'm considering the entire gameplay for all squads and both teams as a whole. You can go 50K/0D unassigned and still lose a game. Squad's entire niche is teamplay revolving around multiple squads working together to accomplish a common goal. I don't know what the game would look like with your implementations but I certainly don't want to find out.

Also,

"leave a squad alone with no purpose which is egal to have unassigned player that think they are in a squad."

Why would you recommend to replace a bad mechanic with an equally bad mechanic?

embecmom   

but you already get a basic kit anyway?  I don't think giving 1 person a driving kit so they can take vehicles on their own is going to help... its a struggle at the moment on some public servers where 2 man squad locks and takes a vehicle for a little trip across the map for a joyride.... there is nothing stopping you taking a simple kit and going behind enemy lines... apart from server rules where they will ask you to get into a squad.. as that's the name of the game ultimately.

I would also punish going rogue a step further and only allow spawn back on base.. never on a fob... to force joining a squad or creating a squad.. 

CptDirty   
9 hours ago, embecmom said:

I would also punish going rogue a step further and only allow spawn back on base.. never on a fob... to force joining a squad or creating a squad.. 

+1 

On 9/10/2017 at 0:06 PM, Bonnie Money said:

The problem is you don't need to join a good squad to get these things, you can just make a useless squad : you play alone in a squad with SL kit, wait for people to come in, choose what you want to play else(Sniper or vehicules or shit), then quit and leave a squad alone with no purpose which is egal to have unassigned players that think they are in a squad.

99% of the time this ''kind'' of squad is useless. 

Ahh yes, the classic *** move at the beginning of the game starting a squad and then picking the HAT when it appears then kicking everyone and locking the squad... priceless...

On 10/09/2017 at 9:24 PM, CptDirty said:

Why would you recommend to replace a bad mechanic with an equally bad mechanic?

Ofc it has down sides, but the current mechanic bothers me more and needs to be replace or change. We have to find something.

For the moment, I think the best thing is to add a small dot on unassigned players markers on the map. They will be easily spottable for SLs who need people or help. 

Maybe an option for SLs to let someone uses their cars and an other one to restrict permission for the squad only.

Edited by Bonnie Money

CptDirty   
2 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

Ofc it has down sides, but the current mechanic bothers me more and needs to be replace or change. We have to find something.

For the moment, I think the best thing is to add a small dot on unassigned players markers on the map. They will be easily spottable for SLs who need people or help. 

Maybe an option for SLs to let someone uses their cars and an other one to restrict permission for the squad only.

Just to confirm, when I said bad mechanic I meant that it could be improved by taking power AWAY from unassigned to force them to create a squad. 

embecmom   
27 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Just to confirm, when I said bad mechanic I meant that it could be improved by taking power AWAY from unassigned to force them to create a squad. 

lol when talking about a bad mechanic kit ..I thought you meant to fix vehicles... which actually wouldn't be a bad idea in the field! 

LugNut   
On 9/11/2017 at 4:54 AM, embecmom said:

Yup, this would take care of it. If one man squads became a thing as a workaround, you could deal with it by making HABs greyed out unless there were 2 in a squad. 

CptDirty   
On 9/12/2017 at 11:29 AM, embecmom said:

lol when talking about a bad mechanic kit ..I thought you meant to fix vehicles... which actually wouldn't be a bad idea in the field! 

Oh god no no no! *facepalm* please don't let squad become sims 

embecmom   
1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

Oh god no no no! *facepalm* please don't let squad become sims 

what? and not be able to beat someone to death with my wrench instead of my shovel?  ... 

You could also if you do not start a squad the computer or game or program will auto put you in one or make you be the SL if there is none, this way you will always be in a squad or leading one, no choice of going lone wolf ever.  The only way to get out of the squad your in is to make your own.  

embecmom   
On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, XRobinson said:

You could also if you do not start a squad the computer or game or program will auto put you in one or make you be the SL if there is none, this way you will always be in a squad or leading one, no choice of going lone wolf ever.  The only way to get out of the squad your in is to make your own.  

Not sure this would work..unless there is a time limit applied and no auto assign during the setup phase... you may also just get constant random people joining and leaving your squad ...also there are a lot of new players and some old that don't want to be an SL.

Smee   

Think we could add petrol(GAS) pump attendant.  And someone to clean the windscreen. I know Militia could do with someone to clean the gun sight. :)

The last thing we need is unassigned with the ability to drive vehicles. How well do you think that will turn out? Can we lock this thread, all of these suggestions are pointless and go against what squad is all about.