Bonnie Money

Unassigned player classes

Those are classes that unassigned players can play :

The first is recon :

No rifle, No nades, a pistol with 3 mags. he can put markers on the map.

The second is nurse :

He has 4 (5?) bandages, no nades.

He has the medic rifle vesion if possible.

Third one is the driver :

He has a light equipement, maybe a pistol and a short range weapon, 2 mags for each guns, no nades. 

He doesn't need permission to drive logic and transport vehicules or SLs can let him permission and it's all he needs.

He can hear SLs  canal maybe but no more and if SLs doubt about the driver they can kick him out of the class with a right click on the map or scoreboard.

I was wondering if they could put something next to unassigned players names so SLs see it and manage to make them join their squad.

Edited by Bonnie Money

1 hour ago, Bonnie Money said:

Those are classes that unassigned players can play :

The first is recon :

No rifle, No nades, a pistol with 3 mags. he can put markers on the map.

The second is nurse :

He has 4 (5?) bandages, no nades.

He has the medic rifle vesion if possible.

Third one is the driver :

He has a light equipement, maybe a pistol and a short range weapon, 2 mags for each guns, no nades. 

He doesn't need permission to drive logic and transport vehicules or SLs can let him permission and it's all he needs.

He can hear SLs  canal maybe but no more and if SLs doubt about the driver they can kick him out of the class with a right click on the map or scoreboard.

I was wondering if they could put something next to unassigned players names so SLs see it and manage to make them join their squad.

Oh my. Curtains in windows and now Nurses... Makes my rants about simply wanting a knife to creep around backstabbing folks actually look sane and normal... 

But this goes against a TEAM based game. Giving people incentive to play as unassigned to a SQUAD. I don't see that as being a great idea personally.

Well, there are many times where I cannot join squad because they are full or locked.

I don't want to create dead squad and I don't mind helping on battlefield, so I think that "support" classes for unassigned players would be usefull for squads instead of riflemen walking all over the map alone, having no responsabilities at all.

This is something to dig.

9 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Can we have a drill sergeant class that is active on the firing range and can only walk around and yell at people?

Best suggestion of 2017 

As for OP's post...NO! Don't give incentives to unassigned players, I hate unassigned players. Unassigned players are useless. Unassigned players hurt the team. I like server rules dictating a time limit for unassigned players to join squads before being kicked. 

15 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Unassigned players are useless. Unassigned players hurt the team. 

Numerous times I've been unassigned and got 30-40 kills by slowly crouch walking and proning behind enemy lines. Plus I've dug up countless FOB's and shot Logi drivers out of their trucks and players off their mortars. So how was I useless and hurting the team? 

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Numerous times I've been unassigned and got 30-40 kills by slowly crouch walking and proning behind enemy lines. Plus I've dug up countless FOB's and shot Logi drivers out of their trucks and players off their mortars. So how was I useless and hurting the team? 

lol is that a serious question? 

2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Unassigned players are useless. Unassigned players hurt the team.

Even if you don't like unassigned players they always will be there, at least we have to think about something to make them more usefull for other squads .

Put unassigned players in a headquarters squad under the command of the team commander if there is one. Could give them general guidance while they wait to join a squad. Allow them only riflemen and medic kits. A good commander could put them to good use.

2 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

Even if you don't like unassigned players they always will be there, at least we have to think about something to make them more usefull for other squads .

Gosh I hope this thread is not seriously being considered by anyone relevant. 

People, the game is SQUAD. Not "Unassigned lone wolves*. If I (or anyone) need to explain why such an implementation is a bad idea then lol...just lol....

The real question is, as an unassigned player, why aren't you creating your own squad? 

16 hours ago, fatalsushi said:

Can we have a drill sergeant class that is active on the firing range and can only walk around and yell at people?

^This is actually cool and doesn't damage gameplay tho :P. Give them a a megaphone too that makes their voice have an echo filter and carry farther.

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

People, the game is SQUAD. Not "Unassigned lone wolves*. If I (or anyone) need to explain why such an implementation is a bad idea then lol...just lol....

The real question is, as an unassigned player, why aren't you creating your own squad? 

Often times when I do want to play Lone Wolf I do start a squad but keep the rifleman class so I have a shovel to dig FOB's and I still can put markers down.

What about when all of the squads are full and locked, and you can't switch teams ?

"Happened to me last night and took until the end of the match before I could join a squad."

Edited by Devastation

5 hours ago, CptDirty said:

This thread isn't about how new implementations for unassigned players would kill teamplay, but how to improve teamplay with unassigned players. Which makes it relevant.

For the question, I sometimes do that.

but still : People would much more move into squads if they only have worst equipement than the Solo SL Class (as unassigned players). 

But we would have to make Solo SLs unable to spawn if they are in a one man squad.

Edited by Bonnie Money

22 hours ago, Odin said:

But this goes against a TEAM based game. Giving people incentive to play as unassigned to a SQUAD. I don't see that as being a great idea personally.

What he said ^

42 minutes ago, Devastation said:

What he said ^

I've got no problem being part of a functional squad but I like playing with qualified serious people who want to get high K/D's and humiliate and crush the opposing team with decisive strategies and tactics but this only accounts for 10% of the thousand or so people that play Squad everyday. For that other 90% of public players I find most them to be juvenile, short tempered and completely unskilled at the simple nuances of Squad not to mention the fact that numerous people seem to have an overwhelming obsession about sharing vivid descriptions of their deviant sexual practices throughout the course of the games. So you still wonder why I play lone wolf or locked squads with my sons when I can get them to play? Its not that hard to understand.

Keep the thread on topic, don't swerve off course and and start insulting each other - Or I'll be locking it again.

Cleaned thread a little, continue with discussion.

Unassigned players should have only a broom and if they stay unassigned long enough maybe they get a toothbrush. The game is called SQUAD ffs.

Another huge issue is one of the core game mechanics in SQUAD, communication. Communication alone can improve a team's teamwork quite significantly. Unassigned player can only communicate with other players via proximity chat and they will (for the most part) be oblivious as to what other squads are doing.

Edited by Ein
Being a bit more constructive

no to everything,

there are no nurses on the battlefield. real life recon is done in groups of people with rifles, lmgs and everything else. I need to stop looking at the forums its making me sick. im taking it off my bookmarks

im done, cya guys. I cant take it anymore, its just filled with garbage and nonviable suggestions i cant take it.

Edited by madcat768

22 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Yeah i do agree with you on this one i did similar things just yesterday.It is possible to be a good loan wolf if you are a good player.

3 hours ago, Ein said:

Another huge issue is one of the core game mechanics in SQUAD, communication. Communication alone can improve a team's teamwork quite significantly. Unassigned player can only communicate with other players via proximity chat and they will (for the most part) be oblivious as to what other squads are doing.

Incorrect. Squad has team text chat.