Gatzby

Alpha 9.9

10 hours ago, IWI-GALIL5.56FA said:

This is a problem on your end I'm guessing....

I'm not sure that's the thing I don't know if its my hardware or the unreal update they just did I really just don't know I've reinstalled twice already to see if that has anything to do with this issue but no luck.

Hello and welcome to Squad @lozur,

14 hours ago, lozur said:

[...] 15 minute's of boot loading [...]; it uses only 1% of my CPU mind you, I am using a i7 7700k overclocked also.

[...] this started happening after the 9.8 update.

3 hours ago, lozur said:

[...] I've reinstalled twice already to see if that has anything to do with this issue but no luck.

you need to do a clean install of Squad:
  1. manually delete %localappdata%\Squad
    https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache
  2. uninstall Squad via Steam
  3. manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
    default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad
  4. install Squad via Steam
  5. reboot PC
report back if it worked. thx

@Gatzby Please can we have a little more explanation of how the devs have squeezed out more optimisation performance in future announcements. It's really interesting stuff for a good many of us. Don't want to keep them from their day job to long though so nothing to in depth. Much like this reddit info. 

Im drooooooooling!!!! I wont be home for like 3 days and when I get home, school starts the same day :/ Goddammit

16 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

reports of performance increases so far are promising, had some AMD users on full servers reporting 60-80 FPS

I am AMD user(for reasons, it's not that I hate, is just I can't use Nvidia) and I get now 60-100FPS

I was actually planning to pick up Vega, but now it is unneccessary...

And those who say "Yea just buy Nvidia" I say that I really like to keep my dayjob, and that requres awesome Linux support, that Nvidia hasn't provided to me yet.

Finally you started working at performance. I have better fps, the game became playable for me. I got +10-40 fps. I have 70-80 fps on the last map which I played, and 40 fps on map before (78 players on both). Good update.

Edited by MustD1e

36 minutes ago, Goodeye said:

I was actually planning to pick up Vega, but now it is unneccessary...

There was never an issue with AMD video cards to my knowledge, just AMD CPUs due to their focus on multi core performance over single thread IPC power. 

3 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

There was never an issue with AMD video cards to my knowledge, just AMD CPUs due to their focus on multi core performance over single thread IPC power. 

yep, if Squad was ported to Vulkan(that supports good Multi threading), I think we would all be really happy

1 minute ago, Goodeye said:

yep, if Squad was ported to Vulkan(that supports good Multi threading), I think we would all be really happy

I'm not really sure what you're talking about, but I think we can all agree that the performance improvements brought in 9.9 are a happy plus, and we're all excited for the new content in v10

Just got a few more hours into 9.9 and it feels like a new game with the increased framerates. Bruno's fantastic visual effects in particular really shine on higher fps. Thank you devs.

Is there any change to get the M4 rifles for the US faction to have burst/single fire - and the militia to bave automatic/single?
The M4 will be cool with Eotech sight too :D

21 hours ago, SuicidalChair said:

reports of performance increases so far are promising, had some AMD users on full servers reporting 60-80 FPS

I hope this will bring,Atlast, some happiness to our friend @RollingInTheHurt . :D

On 03/06/2016 at 5:12 AM, RollingInTheHurt said:

I wonder if UE4 will handicap the new AMD Graphics because Nvidia says so.

Thats really what has happened thus far with AMD cpu's and UE4...

4 hours ago, MustD1e said:

Finally you started working at performance. I have better fps, the game became playable for me. I got +10-40 fps. I have 70-80 fps on the last map which I played, and 40 fps on map before (78 players on both). Good update.

They are finally able to work on performance properly.

Guys I think you took a big step forward with fps now, I got already +100fps on full server! Running with 1440p (GTX1080 & Ryzen 1700x). But sadly this is not on all servers and not on all maps, but the direction looks really good now.

Anyone have this bug issue?

When I join the Firing Range, I am stuck when I spawn on either team. It looks like the spawns were switched between the teams. As the US, I spawn on the Russia FOB. As a Russia, I spawn in the USA FOB. Sometimes I spawn stuck between objects as well. I tried spawning on the vehicle location away from the base, but I remain stuck and unable to move on either team. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but I cannot move at all after spawning on either team.

28 minutes ago, Ghost Assassin said:

Anyone have this bug issue?

When I join the Firing Range, I am stuck when I spawn on either team. It looks like the spawns were switched between the teams. As the US, I spawn on the Russia FOB. As a Russia, I spawn in the USA FOB. Sometimes I spawn stuck between objects as well. I tried spawning on the vehicle location away from the base, but I remain stuck and unable to move on either team. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting, but I cannot move at all after spawning on either team.

I have the same problem

40 minutes ago, Ghost Assassin said:

[...] When I join the Firing Range, I am stuck when I spawn on either team. [...]

11 minutes ago, mulle534 said:

I have the same problem

thx for letting us know.
it's already known. it's bugged. :/

The FPS has improved significantly, at least 20,30,40 more frames per second.

"AA off, Motion blur off, shadows med, & everything else maxed settings."

I7- 7700k,  GTX 1080Ti - 32gb. 80 - 120/125 fps. full player server.

12 hours ago, Major Trouble said:

@Gatzby Please can we have a little more explanation of how the devs have squeezed out more optimisation performance in future announcements. It's really interesting stuff for a good many of us. Don't want to keep them from their day job to long though so nothing to in depth. Much like this reddit info. 

I too want to know :D agree

On 9/9/2017 at 1:22 PM, Mr. Robot said:

Guys I think you took a big step forward with fps now, I got already +100fps on full server! Running with 1440p (GTX1080 & Ryzen 1700x). But sadly this is not on all servers and not on all maps, but the direction looks really good now.

yep i dont think all maps are optimized equally, some i can  run full server at 4k, 60 fps locked (sumari, kohat, yeho), some 1080p + supersampling x2(kokan, chora, firstlight, al barash, logar, narva), and others only 1080p. (goro, fools road). 

Smaa, shadows low, only bloom on, everything else maxed out.vsync on.

7700k @ 5ghz

Rog strix 1080ti

16gb HyperX @ 3333 mhz

and trust me when you play at 1080p 2x SS or 4k and have to go back to 1080p without supersampling everything looks very aliased serrated, really harder to see the enemies, and it makes your eyes tired much faster.

optimizations for the maps to run more equally should be a priority imho, maps with too many trees density are the worse in my experience they should be addressed first, maybe trying to share the trees assets in groups that uses the same texture..idk. something to match the performance on all maps, this way we with capable hardware could at least run all maps at 2x supersampling, or even better, at 4k witch is amazing for squad.

Edited by TDS