Hey Squaddies,

Everybody loves a little bump in the quality of life and we're happy to provide that for you fine folks. Alpha 9.9 brings fixes for some nagging issues, and some performance improvements too. Be sure to let us know how they feel!

• Implemented several performance improvements on player updates, movement, animation and inventory.
  • Fixed Narva Invasion V1 Militia having Russian Logi trucks.
  • Fixed the invisible player bug.
  • Fixed player offset after revive.
  • Fixed the "Press enter to open spawn menu" issue on the Stryker and BRDM.
  • Fixed damage effects getting reapplied on players when the player who caused the damage reentered replication distance.

Offworld Out.

Just now, _randombullet said:

animation in? vague notes

I thought so too... I need more information on that first one :|

Next 9.91 ... 9.92. 9.93. 9.94. 9.95. 9.96. 9.97. 9.98. 9.99. 9.991. 9.992. 9.993.........................................................

When will the real updates come? You showed them a looong time ago...

Always nice to have some little things like this. That Stryker bug happened to me so many times. Glad it's fixed.

Just now, Dundish said:

Next 9.91 ... 9.92. 9.93. 9.94. 9.95. 9.96. 9.97. 9.98. 9.99. 9.991. 9.992. 9.993.........................................................

When its ready.

Just now, Dundish said:

When it's done.

Has the start up performance been issued as a bug yet and when will it be taken care of, 15 minute's of boot loading on a machine like mine is unacceptable; it uses only 1% of my CPU mind you, I am using a i7 7700k overclocked also.

Loads intro video full screen it plays through, then the screen is just black using 1% of my cpu then 10 - 15 minutes later it starts in window mode this started happening after the 9.8 update.

Edited by lozur

Training Area is since the update not useable anymore since the character is unable to move (changing stances is possible).
Model rises 30-50cm above the ground, when trying to move, but doesn't move forward or backwards. Model is stuck in place.

Edited by Thonar

26 minutes ago, Dundish said:

Everything is shaping up quite well and it should be ready in about 3 weeks

Good news!

How about COOP gamemode with AI? or just we started to do a mod with SDK?

And also i have some idea to make a control of vehicles in BF2 classical style)

Keep it up OFFWORLD ! You make a great job!

Edited by RostRazzor
grammar mistakes

43 minutes ago, lozur said:

Has the start up performance been issued as a bug yet and when will it be taken care of, 15 minute's of boot loading on a machine like mine is unacceptable; it uses only 1% of my CPU mind you, I am using a i7 7700k overclocked also.

Loads intro video full screen it plays through, then the screen is just black using 1% of my cpu then 10 - 15 minutes later it starts in window mode this started happening after the 9.8 update.

This is a problem on your end I'm guessing....

2 hours ago, Thonar said:

Training Area is since the update not useable anymore since the character is unable to move (changing stances is possible).
Model rises 30-50cm above the ground, when trying to move, but doesn't move forward or backwards. Model is stuck in place.

I can confirm, same thing happened to me when I was trying to use the "Training Area"

3 hours ago, Dundish said:

People are so impatient and ignorant wtf.

OWI is a company, they have a plan for development, I'm sure they have schedules and deadlines, and 9.9 was planned just like v10.

I'm sure they are extremely anxious to release new content that they've worked on for months. They just need to make sure it works first or else degenerate players like you will be on the forums complaining again.

when i running i saw the road was bit offset from original location... (1ft) and i  try to show it to my buddy and i am dead on the spot.. (moral always keeps your eyes out for the enemy) and the game was much smooth and fps were good....overall it's was getting better ....:x

Edited by chaminda1st

First of all, OWI You guys are doing great work with the game, you have really good game coming up. I don't care when you are going to release the game because I can still play it, so please take your time now before the big release. Thanks from the hot fixes what You did release recently.

But for me You should focus on small things, example flying bodies, all EAC errors, map errors, body parts sticking thru walls (you can kill thru wall), healing thru walls, 7.1 headphones bad support (not sure if other guys have this, but i do. I got STRIX 7.1 headphones, and bass level is bad from some directions) etc. I know that there are still some issues on the game what can give you really bad game experience.

I think it would be cool to get some easy reporting tool where we could upload our log files & describe the failure so we could support You at least like that.

For sure the animations & helicopters etc. what we are going to get looks really awesome, but i'm kind of scaring them as well..

+ I personally would like to get more night maps, I can't wait to see Al Basrah at night, or any other desert maps. 

This message is not a complaint, I just tell You my honest opinion here & I try to be supportive that's all :) 

20-30 fps improvement sometimes evne 40 amazing.

4 hours ago, CC-Marley said:

I'm getting about 10-15 more FPS.

Same, maybe even 20 at times.  Best update evah!

Holy crap! Silky smooth frames on Basrah!

Did you guys sacrifice an intern to Satan in exchange for more fps?

Edited by fatalsushi

Just for the love of satan please don't release weapon rest with a free weekend 50% discount, its really killing any fun with a content update (