Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

Ticket Spoilers

This is getting real old:

"How many tickets you guys have left?"

And then of course somebody on your team invariably types the accurate number into All Chat.

So yeah, instead how about showing a running K/D count for each team and hide the ticket count to stop these spoilers? 

Better yet, hide tickets and K/D and really add to the suspense of Squad.

In addition, I've seen many games where we are low on tickets and the people on my team just basically give up playing and start dicking off throwing smokes and shooting in the air and then we actually win by 20 tickets or worse lose by that many.

perhaps just allowing some basic text filtering? 

EG Allchat *ticket* = ignore message & echo "banned word" in the players console.

could just be a text file for admins, they could also create a blacklist of offensive words.

It would become something like 200 banana's  lol . I did like your thinking Maybe warning " talking about tickets with enemy isnt allowed and unsporting". message when doing it with all chat/

yup comes back to the whole using tickets in this game when its not really a death match ... .. I still think there must be a way to supply each squad individually with tickets that are not seen by the rest of the team..so you have 500 tickets and allocate to each squad a limited supply... then with actions of medics/flag capture/defense/deaths... the squad gains tickets (from the over all pool) this dwindles the pool for good play and actions and allows that squad for being the best to hold onto their tickets... anyway something like that.... if you waste a vehicle or its destroyed you lose the tickets from your squad and have to do something like defend or win a flag to begin getting them back again...  if a commander comes in then the SL could if they wish allocate their tickets back to the team via the commander .. to get vehicle or spawns fob or something...... 

confused.. you soon will be.

LOL shooting in the dark here:

Make it so that ticket number is hidden unless paid a fee from each FOB on the map. Say 100 construction points per FOB. If my team over runs an enemy FOB, we take down their HAB (making it unspawnable) but their Radio is still up (we're holding it hostage), we will prevent the enemy team from paying the 100 construction point fee to find out how many tickets they have. Essentially putting a bigger emphasis on FOB security/locations.

OR just make the ticket number available to SL's only.

Keep it hidden, but give hints. I find that matches lack suspense and unless it's obvious that one team is getting rolled, matches just end without any resolution. "Oh, it's over. We won/lost" I'd rather have corny prompts if the match is close, "Don't give in, you have the enemy on the run!" if you're within 50 tickets maybe, or enter a timed sudden death where you have 10 minutes to take a cap, run their tickets out, or who ever has the most left at the end wins. 

10 hours ago, Psyrus said:

In PR we had some (most?) servers that would kick players for asking/answering questions like that. Although I feel like you would be against a solution like that... :) 

For continuity and consistency of gameplay I'm against all supplemental rules imposed by licensed servers and instead believe that the rules for Squad should be built into the game itself. 

could send a bald guy with a beard around to "resolve" the problem.

anyone know of such a person? ^^

21 hours ago, LugNut said:

Keep it hidden, but give hints. I find that matches lack suspense and unless it's obvious that one team is getting rolled, matches just end without any resolution. "Oh, it's over. We won/lost" I'd rather have corny prompts if the match is close, "Don't give in, you have the enemy on the run!" if you're within 50 tickets maybe, or enter a timed sudden death where you have 10 minutes to take a cap, run their tickets out, or who ever has the most left at the end wins. 

I actually won't be opposed to some sick suspenseful soundtrack at the end of the round or even towards the last 50 tickets. 

6 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

I actually won't be opposed to some sick suspenseful soundtrack at the end of the round or even towards the last 50 tickets. 

That's a very cool idea. Maybe subtle audio cues when you cap or lose a flag as well.

8 hours ago, embecmom said:

yea and add 'Headshot' .. and 'killstreak'... whilst your at it... 

I'm sure there are ways to implement sound effects for suspense that would complement the gameplay without turning the game into Call of Duty. It's all about finding the middle ground eh. 

I think adding some countdown sound or heartbeat or whatever may add suspense to the game but if you think your winning/losing everyone may just stop.. which could end up with a  stale mate .... until the timer ends... it becomes deathmatch...  just don't particularly like the idea.

Which is pretty much the case now when one team gets pushed back towards main and there's @ 50 tickets left, everyone just throws up their hands and does whatever they want. On the other hand, if you know it's close, which now you really don't, you only know when it's not, the end of the match would be much more suspenseful.  

Perhaps the trigger for any "low tickets" notification or alert could only be triggered if both teams have between 50 and 100 tickets (server variable). This way only the close matches would have both teams knowing that they were low on tickets. As lugnut says it would add to the tension of the round end.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, LugNut said:

Which is pretty much the case now when one team gets pushed back towards main and there's @ 50 tickets left, everyone just throws up their hands and does whatever they want. On the other hand, if you know it's close, which now you really don't, you only know when it's not, the end of the match would be much more suspenseful.  

but if your pushed back to base it aint going to be close 9 times out of 10...  usually your just going to get camped so people will just do *** all... .. early days everyone knew it was a close game .. time left.. what flag you were on.. if it had suddenly gone quiet or enemy had stopped pushing... generally that's all gone now and rarely do I ever hear 'don't give up, we have x tickets left'.. so I don't think adding a sound is going to make the game anymore 'suspenseful' it used to be very tight.. so something has happened to change that...

Edited by embecmom

I had 2 games yesterday where the spread was under 30 tickets, so it can still happen. It really all changed when vehicles were introduced as well as cooker fobs enabling one team to build up major momentum, gain the upper hand and by quickly placing fobs behind enemy lines quickly move their team and backcap the other team who are basically on their back foot the entire time. Ofc, you can recover from that if the teams are pretty even, but they never really are on pub servers. 

Yeah, that's what I'm saying, on a steamroll, it doesn't matter and there's no need to be told it's happening, it's obvious. However, if it's close, I'd like to know it in the closing minutes of the match, I think it would add to the tension. 

Btw, the close games were on servers that prohibited rushing, so neither side had a great advantage after the first 20 minutes. The battles went back and forth, and were more fun tbh. 

1 hour ago, LugNut said:

Btw, the close games were on servers that prohibited rushing, so neither side had a great advantage after the first 20 minutes. The battles went back and forth, and were more fun tbh. 

Agreed. When the fight is back and forth between the middle flags the match is way more fun and more intense. Until that one [email protected]$$ types "GG" in chat. 

When winning or losing with less than 10 tickets is when both teams are generally happy with the way things went.

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, LugNut said:

yea agreed seen a couple lately on non rush servers where the matches were much tighter and more exciting... whilst I don't mind rush so much .. you are right it does kinda screw the game a bit.

if squads could spawn in more locations around the map at the start (find my random rally point suggestion) then rushing would be far harder. The map would be populated at the start instead of being weirdly empty.

Without this every map start is the same and as players learn the "best way" the final outcome will become the same as well. Add random squad rally locations to populate the map.

We rush effectively because there is no risk to doing so. Good players/squads will always do this.

On 8.9.2017 at 10:07 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

For continuity and consistency of gameplay I'm against all supplemental rules imposed by licensed servers and instead believe that the rules for Squad should be built into the game itself. 

This.