SaviorOfSouls

Many cheaters, i and my friends crying =(

Hello dear developers!

I have been playing in the Squad for 3 months already. I deal with cheaters every time. I understand the difference between a player's skill and cheaters. This is manifested in the following way: killing from one shot without a gunfire at a great distance. Killing me when I'm in the technique, right away, without firing from the rifle. The enemy immediately knows where to shoot when it comes out of

Love Germany Squad #1
Love Germany Squad #2
Northeum #1
Northeum #2
Russian Servers
French Servers

I have some questions:

1. You can add to show who killed and from which distance and what weapon. It's not like it does not hurt the hardcore mode, but it will control the cheaters.

2. How do I make my server official so that it's on the list of the main servers, what steps should I do?

Thank you!

P.S. Translated by GOogle.

Hello, 

you our will instantly be killed if you've been revived and you will die instantly if blown up by a mine or ied 

We dont really play on russan servers as we did once about 6 months ago and found strange stuff happening in game and most people don't trust the Russians one little bit 

but I love squad Germany we've never had any problems at all 

Edited by ZXD_Lee

Hi,

i think we have a lot of desync issues with the 9.8... see invisible Players (same team) Nametag, Location on Map was next to me and the Local Voice also.. but no Playermodel.. the Playermodel was floating and Flickering around the Map...

Regards,

Wiffel

I havent encountered any cheaters in months. There are a lot of strange ways to die in squad and the german servers are pretty damn clean and have active admins. Dunno about the russians tho, havent played on their servers in a long time.

Things people don't think about.

Rendering at distance vegetation don't show.

Communication between squad members can reveal your position to others.

People not listening to movement sounds around them,

Crow weapon system viewable nearly across the map.

IED send you staight to black.

AT mines instant vehicle kills.

50 call headshot instant kill

Running about on half health one round and down.

A few of the usual reason why people die. This game is about playing against a team which a lot of people forget. And communication is the best weapon, 

Cheaters on french servers???

LoL, don't lie please, i'm only playing on them and if somebody had a VAC ban since less than 1 year, he got banned from the server, another server ban them for "life".

Don't act like a kid and cry for cheaters everywhere please.

ps: Smee, use the vocal chat doesn't make you spot from the ennemy. they don't hear you talk, only your team can hear.

Didn't mean it like that.  Squad members communicating enemy around when they die.  Revealing your position. 

I have played this game a lot since it game out on steam. The last time i experienced something that was clearly cheats was a long time ago (grenade/rpg ram). Actually i dont think i have experienced anything the last 6 months-1 year that i could say was 100% cheats.

Yeah sometimes you wonder how people can react so fast/shoot so well. But i have never had the feeling it was 100% cheats.

How long have you been playing? Think this often comes down to experience. New players are often not very aware of their surroundings and bad at spotting enemies. Also if you play enough you will also experience lucky shots. These can feel like cheats when they happen to you. I once 1-shotted a guy across the valey on Kohat with iron sights (headshot i guess).

On 9/6/2017 at 4:23 AM, SaviorOfSouls said:

I deal with cheaters every time. I understand the difference between a player's skill and cheaters. 

You're mistaken. Squad has EAC so you can rest assured there is absolutely 100% no cheating or hacking going on.

https://www.easyanticheat.net

I have over 1250 hours Squad experience now and played at all levels (public, CCFN, tournament).

It certainly felt, at times people were hacking. Squad does that to you.

But in reality there have been very few actual hackers, of course cheating will happen but Squad is blessed with a relatively hack free community.

The difference between public, CCFN and tournament players is VAST in my experience. 

@SaviorOfSouls
I removed your post containing two cheat videos.

don't post videos of cheats/exploits. - thank you.

btw, these videos were from early 2016. these cheats are known by EAC.

Just now, beginna said:

I removed your post containing two cheat videos.

Sorry, I understand rules! But if dear developers add name and distance from killed, its very help to control cheaters and don't broken hardcore style. Maybe make option for server, admin can off and on this option.

I will disagree with this post.. there are few if any outright cheaters on any servers I have ever played on and I have only ever come across one clear cheater with a GL spam / grenade spam who was immediately banned, in 1800 hrs in game... I do think some users are taking advantage of a few exploits in the game and just clear poor gamesmanship...

the kill ratios are not high enough and ultimately that's where you will see most cheaters excel but I rarely see kill streaks that get above 30. 

as others have pointed out.. 

insta death from headshot... and silent kill across map from stray shell/bullet

Vehicles are very noisy (too noisy imo) so you are always alerted to direction

same as a rally or hab.. experienced players know that if a squad appears in unison from a certain direction it usually means a hab or rally...

you can be shot out off vehicles.. its just a really poor animation and rifles sometimes disappear

9.8 seems to have got worse in relation to falling through the map, or one I saw the other day where enemy and friendly troops were appearing and disappearing in front of me or in the sky.... (always makes me think its the admin).

good headphones make all the difference in hearing footsteps.. and with local chat information the enemy always know your whereabouts...

that's the one that always makes you say 'htf did he know I was there'?,   usually teammate has seen you and reported in local chat, you have been heard running to that spot, your body / rifle is clipping through the wall... or the most frustrating .. you fat ass is still sticking up even though you think you are in cover... just cos you cant see them doesn't mean they cant see you.. a lesson I never seem to learn.

and with some of those servers you are playing with some very experienced players too

Edited by embecmom

I have 2000h in this game. I have not seen any cheaters in a while. Last time I saw a cheater/hacker was a year ago.

Edited by Dundish

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

You're mistaken. Squad has EAC so you can rest assured there is absolutely 100% no cheating or hacking going on.

https://www.easyanticheat.net

I really hope nobody is that naive and believes that.
It's technically unfeasible to have a 100% secure system.

But be assured, EAC is doing a fine job.

30 minutes ago, SaviorOfSouls said:

[...] But if dear developers add name and distance from killed, its very help to control cheaters and don't broken hardcore style. Maybe make option for server, admin can off and on this option.

My point of view:
At the moment, server admins have (limited) tools at their disposal to investigate suspicious players and report them.
The troubles I have with your suggestion is, that is might lead to unnecessary allegations as well as witch hunts during a game.

If you suspect a player is cheating, I'd like to hint you to this forum section where you can report cheater/hacker:

http://forums.joinsquad.com/forum/62-report-hackers-problem-players/

don't forget to add video evidence as well as the suspects steamID64 or steam profile url.

44 minutes ago, SaviorOfSouls said:

Sorry, I understand rules! But if dear developers add name and distance from killed, its very help to control cheaters and don't broken hardcore style. Maybe make option for server, admin can off and on this option.

Im pretty sure admins already see this information. So the people banning cheater already have what they need. If you get killed in suspecios ways over and over again in the same area write an admin and they will look into it. If you get killed once or twice in suspecios ways each round. I suggest you assume it is just a better/lucky player.

1 hour ago, Romby said:

Im pretty sure admins already see this information

Admins can only see teamkills happening. But if we get the killdata for every kill on an 80 man server, you wont be able to track whats going on anyway.

Right now your tools to detect cheaters as an admin are pretty limited. You can check the scoreboard for exceptional high k/d and spectate the player. This way you can spot wall- and maphacks and obvious aimbots. But since you cant watch from the player's perspective (like in cs:go overwatch e.g.) it's hard to detect aimbots. 

HOWEVER i think that eac is doing a fine job. We really rarely have any cheaters at all. (not even ragehackers)

Also with a lot of players using full-auto mode, a lot of these "random-spray-headshot-insta-kills" are just pure luck. Even though this is terribly annoying, it has nothing to do with cheats rather than pure f***ing luck.

admins can find the location of the suspect and monitor them in game.. then make a judgement call.

What do you mean ?, Squad has cheaters. Just git gud m8

29136.png

Warning; Notice the sarcasm

Edited by -MG

57 minutes ago, Tillomaticus said:

Right now your tools to detect cheaters as an admin are pretty limited.

Non existant. There is no way to verify for an admin.....Not saying an anti cheat system is fool proof.
I can vouch for that having done quiet some server administration back in Arma communities. 

On 06.09.2017 at 3:24 PM, ZXD_Lee said:

We dont really play on russan servers as we did once about 6 months ago and found strange stuff happening in game and most people don't trust the Russians one little bit

Oh no, those Ebil Russian Haxorz! Seriously, guys, being a founder of Russian unit [SMC] i find such generalization pretty...childish. A while ago, we used to play on your ZXD server and i don't remember you complained about us as cheaters...simply because we're not.

IME, cheaters are few and far between, frustrating ways to die in Squad are plentiful though xD

On 9/6/2017 at 2:23 PM, SaviorOfSouls said:

I have been playing in the Squad for 3 months already. I deal with cheaters every time. I understand the difference between a player's skill and cheaters.

No, you're wishful thinking. Try playing 100 clan wars, then you'll either understand that there are no cheaters on pubs or you'll accuse clan players in cheating.

I've been playing this game since January 2016 and have much more hours than I care to admit here.

Saw cheaters less than 10 times in total probably. And all of them were very obvious: retarded O-seventeeners were just running and shooting through numerous trees on OPFL/Fools/etc.

In my experience Squad has 1000 times less cheaters than CSGO, for example.

This is manifested in the following way: killing from one shot without a gunfire at a great distance.

Nothing special. You can get killed by CROWS/14/30mm from larger than 1 kilometer distance. And it doesn't mean the guy who killed you is cheating. It usually means he played this game for some time and knows shooting mechanics.

Also when you get rekt in general and then you see a guy with scoreboard like 67-4 at the end of the rounds, it doesn't mean he's cheating.

This game has very high skill border of enterence, incredibly high skill ceiling(there is no player who've come even close to the ceiling) and a community, which is generally very low skilled and isn't even ready to play this game. When you add these 3 things, and then you add some good players with 1000 hours to this equation, you get these 67-4 scoreboards at the end of the rounds.

Killing me when I'm in the technique, right away, without firing from the rifle.

It isn't battlefield where you could get killed by a medic bag. AFAIK Squad is using server-side hit registration system, so you can't really kill other people without shooting from your gun by spoofing UDP packets, for example.

Love Germany Squad #1
Love Germany Squad #2
Northeum #1
Northeum #2
Russian Servers
French Servers

First two are just mediocre servers with mediocre players.

Northeum servers are most competitive public servers in Squad AFAIK. A lot of salty(in terms of competitiveness) clans are competing on the same server(OLD+, Prog, Full, RAKI, ToR, etc.). Often enough pub games on Northeum are better than CCFNs. I'm talking squad leaders putting repair stations all over the map for 3-4 salty vehicle drivers which are one-manning 3-4 armored vehicles at the same time while sitting in different squads but talking in TeamSpeak/Discord at the same time, for example.

Also worth noticing that there are a lot of admins on Northeum from all the clans which play on the server, so whenever there is someone suspicious, they go admin cam to watch the guy.

And French servers... Well, you can ask any good French players: French server are ones with the least skilled players. I've played on pretty much all of them and there are no cheaters on any of them(like I said, maybe 1 time per 2 month there is a cheater somewhere out there). I don't even remember on what servers I saw cheaters. And it doesn't really matter, because cheaters could join any of them just to get banned few hours later.

1. You can add to show who killed and from which distance and what weapon. It's not like it does not hurt the hardcore mode, but it will control the cheaters.

No, it will hurt gameplay. It simplifies things a lot.

Edited by Skul

8 hours ago, Scarish said:

Oh no, those Ebil Russian Haxorz! Seriously, guys, being a founder of Russian unit [SMC] i find such generalization pretty...childish. A while ago, we used to play on your ZXD server and i don't remember you complained about us as cheaters...simply because we're not.

If you look through history, that's actually true that Russian Federation have much more cheaters than other countries.

There are public ban databases, like pbbans and ggc-stream, which was active during BF2 days.

And if you'll look at stats, you'll see that there are more cheaters from Russia Federation than from other countries. Here are last 50 bans from BF2 in pbbans database:

https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-latest50-bf2-lfb13.html

But Russian community was never the biggest in BF series.

It was the same for BC2 and BF3 on both pbbans and ggc-stream platforms. I don't know any other public databases with cheaters.

Edited by Skul