Sign in to follow this  
Zylfrax791

NW Fires

All the forests in my state are burning up. It's so bad the smoke has made it all the way into the city. One fire in particular has devastated the Mt. Jefferson Wilderness Area where my family has been camping, hiking and fishing for four generations. The fire has reached Pamelia Creek and by tonight the forest surrounding pristine Lake Pamelia will most likely be incinerated. Very sad day. I wanted to take my Dad up there one last time before his health gets worse but now it's pointless. I just hope they can stop it before it burns out the whole wilderness area.

PameliaLakeAug13.jpg

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/5420/

Disco   

I went for holidays in Montenegro (country in south Europe). There are also fires that are burnig up forests. Very sad to see that in-person.

We really need to take better care of earth...

Gatzby   

The smoke and sunlight are definitely eerie. I know wildfires can be good for some parts of nature, but dang does it suck to be seeing all these giant swathes of the PNW go up in smoke. The BC fires were bad enough to trip people's asthma, but now? I can't imagine having a respiratory condition.

Stay safe out there, folks, regardless of which natural disaster is plaguing you at the moment. =\

Ratface   

Family lives in Eastern Washington, I grew up there too until I moved to Texas a few years ago. Lucky for me nothing bad happens here.....wait.....

Heart goes out to everyone on the west and the gulf, here's to everyone working to save others.

Been going through this last few years, fires every summer in Ca, Wa, Ore, Nv,...there is smoke here in air for two months...Im moving, but where to?

Iv'e been thinking going back to Washington, or heading to Arizona, or going to Florida....Ha , do want to visit Europe though....taxes scare me though. :)  It's hard to get away from any form of natural disasters anywhere you go though.

Edited by XRobinson

7 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Iv'e been thinking going back to Washington, or heading to Arizona, or going to Florida....Ha , do want to visit Europe though....taxes scare me though. :)  It's hard to get away from any form of natural disasters anywhere you go though.

Dont come to FL. Were all trying to get out right now. Getting crazy with this hurricane coming. Stay safe Z.

Gatzby   

Finally getting some relief from the smoke in Seattle, but it sounds like the Eagle Creek (now combining with other fires!) is still miserable. Do love the Inciweb site, but man... my lack of knowledge about wildfire fighting sure makes it seem shocking. "HOW MANY ACRES?!" "5% containment?!"

Post forest fire terrain is easily the most haunting I've experienced. The area around the Hayman fire in Colorado was JUST starting to look like there might be some life coming back to the area a few years ago. Crazy seeing one or two lone houses standing in the desolation, but glad to see they opted to rebuild after evacuating. Good luck out there. =\

1 hour ago, Gatzby said:

Finally getting some relief from the smoke in Seattle, but it sounds like the Eagle Creek (now combining with other fires!) is still miserable. Do love the Inciweb site, but man... my lack of knowledge about wildfire fighting sure makes it seem shocking. "HOW MANY ACRES?!" "5% containment?!"

Post forest fire terrain is easily the most haunting I've experienced. The area around the Hayman fire in Colorado was JUST starting to look like there might be some life coming back to the area a few years ago. Crazy seeing one or two lone houses standing in the desolation, but glad to see they opted to rebuild after evacuating. Good luck out there. =\

Yeah, same in Portland. Finally the smoke is being pushed out by the marine air. Hopefully with the cooler weather in the NW they can get a handle on these fires.