ReaverYT

Launch Error (StartService failed: 2)

ReaverYT   

Hello,
Today, I decided to reinstall Squad which worked very well a few months ago, but this time at launch, I have a mistake: Can not creater service (StartService failed: 2)

xKDiYh6.png GnPeSC2.png

I tried to repair easy AntiCheat but nothing done, the game launches without easy anticheat :)

If you have a solution to offer me I am taker.

Thank you

knubbe   

Hi,

Could you add me in Steam Friends (https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999579793) to troubleshoot this further? Hopefully this way we will be able to identify the culprit and get it fixed on spot for you. Thanks!

ReaverYT   

I just noticed that the service EasyAntiCheat.exe in my services does not launch because it does not exist.
Yet, I can play Palladins who also uses EasyAntiCheat ..

BpoZvjE.png

knubbe   

Thanks for you reply! Looking into it now. The reason why Service properties say "system32" is that the EAC Service executable is actually in "syswow64" but filesystem redirection makes that path to still work.

ReaverYT   

What should I do then? Because I see the executable in SysWOW64 but windows does not automatically redirect to this one.
When I try to start the service manually, it keeps telling me that the service can not be found.

Besides, I can no longer play Palladins.

Edit: The redirection does not automatically, I decided to cut the easyanticheat.exe from SysWOW64 to System32 and the game is no problem.

Edited by ReaverYT

knubbe   

Hi,

We've identified this to happen in the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build. Something changed internally in how Windows handles Wow64 path redirection, so we will be releasing a fix for this today. I'll let you know today with a download link for a setup that resolves the issue prior the update will go live for everyone.

knubbe   

Hi,

We've fixed this incompatibility now and deployed an update. However it will take some time before the new update is released in live, but could you download the new version of the EAC Setup from here: http://sandra.easyanticheat.net/tmp/EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe

Run the installer, choose Squad, then after completing press 'Finish' to close the installer and try to start the game from Steam. The issue should be resolved now. Let me know how it goes, thanks!