I think Anti-Personnel mines would be awesome! I Don't even think they would be unbalanced in anyway either.

As long as they incapacitate rather than kill. They also should be POSSIBLE to spot, but not easily visible unless your actively looking for it.

I think they should stay with scout class though to limit mines to reasonable numbers. In addition, players will have to choose between anti personnel mines or anti vehicular mines. We will probably have this level of choice ones we get new inventory/kit system.

With each advancement of Armour/assets  the regular forces get irregular forces need a counter balance.  Anti personal mines are just one of the needed things. Personally I'm waiting for Molotov cocktails.  

Edited by Smee

Year old topic but THIS PLEASE. If people are worried about dying all the time, have them limited to insurgency, or at least have it so we can include them in 1 life events.

In September 2014, the following policy changes were announced: The United States is aligning our anti-personnel landmine (APL) policy outside the Korean Peninsula with the key requirements of the Ottawa Convention, the international treaty prohibiting the use, stockpiling, production, and transfer of APL, which more than 160 countries have joined, including all of our NATO Allies. This means that the United States will:

• not use APL outside the Korean Peninsula;
  • not assist, encourage, or induce anyone outside the Korean Peninsula to engage in activity prohibited by the Ottawa Convention; and
  • undertake to destroy APL stockpiles not required for the defense of the Republic of Korea.

https://www.state.gov/t/pm/wra/c11735.htm

On 9/11/2017 at 6:26 AM, suds said:

I would not be happy to be walking through an area with bushes which conceal things and find some lucky player had placed an automatically triggered explosive there. Particularly if that person was on my team...but even as an enemy. I often walk for 5 to 15 mins to flank or evade detection, to die from some dumb luck after this will cause immense frustration. I expect it would cause more ragequits than anything else in the game. 

A tripwire which sets off an alarm or a smoke grenade would be ok.

This is a game with asymmetrical warfare, not Overwatch. luck is a huge part of war. and this is a war game.

Posted (edited)

Exactly. This please. If you wanted to make them more skillful and less of a cluster**** around habs, make them non placeable within the zone of a FOB.

Edited by TheGenera1

Posted (edited)
On 09.04.2018 at 6:36 PM, CptDirty said:

Pfff !..

If a new conflict zone will be (hypothetically), that policy of US (or Germany/France/GB/Russia...) about AP-mines will be change.

If you say to leitenant of NATO (Russia, etc...) with half company on 2 km front "Don`t put AP-mine, Ottava conv!! Ata-ta-ta!!!"

Then he answer: "I have order to defend this front and life of my soldiers is more valuable then Ottava conv. Therefore I will use AP-mines for defend, get out from there!!!"

P.S. my sugg. topic about AP-mines for SQUAD: 

P.S.S. Ottava conv. is a farce... Technology of production and use AP-mines is a not complex bio-, chemy-, nuclear- technogy... AP-mines is impossible to forbid.

Edited by XAHTEP39