Sign in to follow this  
_FISCHER_

Should Weapon Sway Be Redone?

Should the devs increase the sway of rifles to reflect what weapon sway is like shooting off hand in real life?

I know at 50 yards its pretty hard for me to keep my sights on a man sized target for more than a few seconds and ive been shooting since a kid. As a matter of fact a youtuber did a video with a pro body builder to see if they could shoot accurately holding an M14 without rest and it was even a challenge for him! 

Sway is something that is going to be redone when the animation overhaul comes with V10.

The best example video I could find was of the PPSH, you can see there is a lot more sway on the weapon in the video and this is only the first iteration we're seeing.

I think not only sway but more work should be put in to eliminate laser beam ballistics. Its just too easy to shoot, hit and kill in squad, to call it a proper teamwork game.

At the risk of starting a wikipedia war, the combat ranges in game, like all games seem to be much farther than they really are, aside from missing environmental influences, I think the ballistics are pretty good. Most rifles shoot really flat at 200-300m and with pretty tight groups, which is the outer limit for much of what we see in game. I think the "laser beam" feeling is more to being able to easily line up on your target at almost any time. Guns are accurate, people are less so. Getting back to the OP, the sway does feel a bit odd to me and I have a hard time describing why. Kind of floaty.