Sign in to follow this  
TAR4C

Will we ever get those fancy loading screens? (aka. the use of music in Squad)

TAR4C   

Hey guys. I opened the game today and listened a little bit to the awesome Soundtrack you have for Squad. It reminded me of the old Project Reality times and the BF2 Style loading screens we had with screenshots from the map, quick tips, infos about vehicles and structure of the map...everything while the map theme played in the background. I dunno but this has some kind of nostalgic value to me.

So I wonder: 
Will we get these classic loadingscreens for Squad at some point? I also started to wonder where else we could use the awesome soundtrack. There are very few opportunities where you can use music in a tactical shooter like Squad...and this saddens me because the music is awesome.

One idea I had: You could use a piece of music to signal the last 10 tickets of a team. In Project Reality this would be signaled by a Siren that both teams could hear. Maybe for squad you could us a short piece of music for it? That would be one opportunity...and it would make every end of a round awesome and exciting.

I think Round end screens with music and an announcement wich team won are planned? I miss them.

/discuss

Edited by TAR4C

i turn off all in-game music in games - it's distracting and it annoys me (Menu music - not so much). I have yet to find a game in which i actually enjoy the music enough to have it on in the backgtround of my play ... well, not since the original Wipeout soundtrack. Music for loading screens might be alright if there is a volume control.

TAR4C   
19 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

i turn off all in-game music in games - it's distracting and it annoys me (Menu music - not so much). I have yet to find a game in which i actually enjoy the music enough to have it on in the backgtround of my play ... well, not since the original Wipeout soundtrack. Music for loading screens might be alright if there is a volume control.

I don't really care about people who don't care about music. You will always have the option to turn it off I guess.

I care about the guy that made this music with his heart and I would love his work to actually appear in the game. Of course audio options are a must. Would love to heart Devs toughts about this.

L0cation   

everytime i fall in love with a certain game the sound track gives the feels even if it sucks ass ( which squad's totally isn't ) so yea i would really like to have fancy loading screen with some awsome tips and map screenshots with the awsome squad sound track at the backround , and that music when the games ends idea is ****ing awsome if done right ( abillity to mute and auto lower music sound when talking on voip ) in my opnion 

L0cation   

And if were talking about sounds atmosphere already ... You that in the battlefield series and insurgency for example the charcter shout random but useful shit while in a fire fight ? ( like "man down" , " i am hit" , "getting pinned down here..." "realoding", "granade!!" )  I know that here we have voip but how cool would it be if somewhere down the line we will have these things ... That really adds alot to the fight atomsphere in my opinion , i mean we already have to FOB radio saying random shit i think that having soilders ( atleast that every faction would hear thier own sounds so it won't give up your location when your charcter shouts something ) 

3 hours ago, L0cation said:

And if were talking about sounds atmosphere already ... You that in the battlefield series and insurgency for example the charcter shout random but useful shit while in a fire fight ? ( like "man down" , " i am hit" , "getting pinned down here..." "realoding", "granade!!" )  I know that here we have voip but how cool would it be if somewhere down the line we will have these things ... That really adds alot to the fight atomsphere in my opinion , i mean we already have to FOB radio saying random shit i think that having soilders ( atleast that every faction would hear thier own sounds so it won't give up your location when your charcter shouts something ) 

I don't want anything much outside the realm of grunting, vague yelling/screaming, and curse words. Any semi-important information should be relayed over voice comms to keep people on it and emphasize its importance.

/offtopic

Edited by Catindabox

You could add this: something like this music and mix those background battlefield sounds .... or something like it... before the lyrics start..but this pic on video works too...

Edited by XRobinson

Deus Ex, System Shock 2, Soldier of Fortune, Quake 1-3, Unreal Tournament, Ghost Recon and the Delta Force series all had incredible music. Whilst I like playing Squad I find the intro sound and the especially the menu soundtrack very unappealing. 

TAR4C   

I'm pretty much against the shouting idea because in Squad the teamplay of real players is a key feature. VOIP is already directional and changes when you stand in a hallway for example. I want my guys to shout to me...not the AI.