Gatzby

August 2017 Recap

On 9/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, mrbojangles said:

Neat. I think bipods are the thing I've been wanting the most. It'll make the AR role much more enjoyable.

Yea me too. We get to just hold a position and have steady fire.

cribbaaa   

Something about the animations look off, like the character has Hyperlordosis or that the legs are too short. I realize it's all WIP but it seems very prevalent in the video, not sure what to make of it.

4 minutes ago, cribbaaa said:

Something about the animations look off, like the character has Hyperlordosis or that the legs are too short. I realize it's all WIP but it seems very prevalent in the video, not sure what to make of it.

its been mentioned that the mocap that was done by Ross/other who is a different height to the ingame model. animators are still going through matching it all so it should all be aligned properly by release (touch wood) 

moppel   

Any estimation from DEV side on a potential performance gain of new animation system ?

Will it help with the CPU bottleneck even ppl with 6700/7700K CPUs face on full servers ?

L0cation   

Hi guys how about bino animations ? Havn't seen it discussed in a very long time ... I mean the devs posted salute animations on twitter... Are bino animations much harder to create ? 

Gmeme   

please! swap m16 instead of m4 for militia because it really bugs me lol

and balance out the classes abit. eg potentially a pistol for the lat, Us side maybe remove some of the red dots for like auto rifle and or grenadier.

Edited by Gmeme

JD85   

Has it been confirmed that this will fix the drop-shot issue? At the moment you can remain aiming down sights whilst you go prone, allowing people to drop and fire accurately at the same time.

I hope the new animation to go prone will prevent you from firing with a short delay

Edited by JD85

Psyrus   
1 minute ago, JD85 said:

Has it been confirmed that this will fix the drop-shot issue? At the moment you can remain aiming down sights whilst you go prone, allowing people to drop and fire accurately at the same time.

Oh that's a great point! We didn't get to see someone running/standing and going prone in first person. I definitely agree that it should bring you out of ADS when going to or coming from prone. (Standing to crouch and back is probably possible while aiming down the sights without drama)

JD85   
5 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Oh that's a great point! We didn't get to see someone running/standing and going prone in first person. I definitely agree that it should bring you out of ADS when going to or coming from prone. (Standing to crouch and back is probably possible while aiming down the sights without drama)

I've seen developers (i believe) saying that they want it fixed too and it's a cheap tactic, and i recall one post saying it'll be addressed by the new animation system.

So it's looking good! From the animation we've seen, it looks like the player model takes one hand off the weapon to support him as he lays down, so hopefully that means you'll be brought out of ADS

Edited by JD85

Disco   
28 minutes ago, JD85 said:

I've seen developers (i believe) saying that they want it fixed too and it's a cheap tactic, and i recall one post saying it'll be addressed by the new animation system.

So it's looking good! From the animation we've seen, it looks like the player model takes one hand off the weapon to support him as he lays down, so hopefully that means you'll be brought out of ADS

just remember that with new animation system there are different animations for 1st and 3rd person view. I guess that problem is more related to coding part of game than animations. Hope they find time to fix that.

I noticed something a bit odd that nobody seems to be pointing out. In the screenshots of the update, the Militia Grenadier is using the AK-74 w/ GP-25 and the Militia SL the GP 10/63, and in the video the Militia AR is using the RPK (7.62x39). The GP 10/63 has always been limited to Insurgent only, as is the RPK. The AK-74 w/ GP-25 has been completely absent from the game since Militia lost its second Grenadier kit, leaving it with only the AKM w/ GP-25.

Some alternate loadouts coming our way or what?

Stom   
47 minutes ago, dvsilverwing said:

I noticed something a bit odd that nobody seems to be pointing out. In the screenshots of the update, the Militia Grenadier is using the AK-74 w/ GP-25 and the Militia SL the GP 10/63, and in the video the Militia AR is using the RPK (7.62x39). The GP 10/63 has always been limited to Insurgent only, as is the RPK. The AK-74 w/ GP-25 has been completely absent from the game since Militia lost its second Grenadier kit, leaving it with only the AKM w/ GP-25.

That could be the case but I wouldn't read too much into it.

I think the reason they're using Militia with these weapons is purely because the new Insurgent models aren't ready and they don't want to continue using the current placeholder models in promotional material. So, Militia being the only other irregular faction are being used.

Khaos   
On 06/09/2017 at 4:04 AM, dvsilverwing said:

I'd imagine that hopefully this new inventory system will give some minor customisation abilities rather than picking pre-defined kits like we do currently. Especially with the ability to zero iron sights coming in, it will hopefully at least bring the ability to remove optics from every class.

On a side note I'm really hoping we see a server option for no magnified optics once a system like this is implemented..

6 hours ago, Khaos said:

I'd imagine that hopefully this new inventory system will give some minor customisation abilities rather than picking pre-defined kits like we do currently. Especially with the ability to zero iron sights coming in, it will hopefully at least bring the ability to remove optics from every class.

On a side note I'm really hoping we see a server option for no magnified optics once a system like this is implemented..

With the inventory system hopefully we see the 30/40/75 or 30/45 magazine interchangeability with the AK pattern rifles. That being said, I don't mind magnified optics. In fact, I much prefer playing the unconventional factions to the conventional factions, it just forces you to play differently. And with sight zeroing "pixel-sniping" with ironsights will become a bit easier for certain.

Sounds like a lot of cool improvements, my game isn't even starting though, it just shows the intro and then goes to a black screen, I've uninstalled and re-installed. This game has worked on my computer before, can you guys possibly to a bug fix or stability fix for the start up? Thanks, cool game. 

Gatzby   
41 minutes ago, PrimeEleven said:

Sounds like a lot of cool improvements, my game isn't even starting though, it just shows the intro and then goes to a black screen, I've uninstalled and re-installed. This game has worked on my computer before, can you guys possibly to a bug fix or stability fix for the start up? Thanks, cool game. 

If you haven't yet, we'd absolutely recommend (as with every patch!) clearing your cache settings and verifying game data.

A guide to help you verify: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/221770387-Fatal-Error-

And cleaning your cache settings:  https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache