Sign in to follow this  

ADS FOV Slider

On 8/29/2017 at 7:03 PM, LaughingJack said:

i highly doubt it - not in a multiplayer game

your right but you know what would be cool is if you could get this image when you hold shift and zoom in (as an option)

Actually this is a good idea, i personally want to have my normal fov up to the max, but when i aim it's like the screen is way too far from the sights, a separate slider for the ADS is a good idea +1

Draco   

I love how it is now, its just like real life. In all games it seems everyone rests their cheeks on the ****ing receiver rather than the stock, this is one of the main reasons I love squad.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:29 AM, Draco said:

I love how it is now, its just like real life. In all games it seems everyone rests their cheeks on the ****ing receiver rather than the stock, this is one of the main reasons I love squad.

The way you see your sights in real life is shown in the pic I showed in this thread. Right now you see your whole AK as if your eyes can focus on everything.

Why do I vaguely remember one of the game designers (Sgt. Ross I believe) mention that he would have liked the have split FOV sliders; or at least they considered it? (If I'm mis-remembering, well shit...)

I remember the original argument was that there was a single FOV slider to make people make a decision: Less zoom / More peripheral, or More zoom / Less peripheral. Then I remember, when talk of the animation system and core inventory came along, that it may be possible to split the FOV zoom in the new system. 

So why all this back story? It's been a hotly contested feature since the beginning of Squad, and I'm not quite sure where it will be heading. I wouldn't mind the split FOV sliders; but I also agree with the original reasoning on why they are not there. 

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Draco   
7 hours ago, 101 said:

The way you see your sights in real life is shown in the pic I showed in this thread. Right now you see your whole AK as if your eyes can focus on everything.

I have shot an AK in real life, I know how the sights look. They're just like in Squad.

50 minutes ago, Draco said:

I have shot an AK in real life, I know how the sights look. They're just like in Squad.

I have shot an AK in real life and I know how the sights look as well. They're not like in Squad. When aiming your cheek sits in front of the rear end of the dust cover and you do not see the recoil spring guide.  Maybe if your eyes are in your mouth you might see it.

Draco   
13 hours ago, 101 said:

I have shot an AK in real life and I know how the sights look as well. They're not like in Squad. When aiming your cheek sits in front of the rear end of the dust cover and you do not see the recoil spring guide.  Maybe if your eyes are in your mouth you might see it.

You probably didn't cheek weld right. You aren't supposed to put your cheek up to the receiver...

KaB   

The distance between the camera and the sight that you currently have in game is obviously awful, it's because of an animation system restriction. The new anim system don't have this restriction anymore so we can get closer.

PR uses a double layer system, and the 1P mesh is setup with a lower FOV, which is why the sight looks closer, while it actually isn't. This is something we thought about using for Squad but the engine don't seem to fully support it yet, and it actually might not be compatible with our new recoil system or the adjustable sights (unless the FOV is locked but that won't happen).