Wax

An Unreal process has crashed: UE4-Squad

Wax   

Getting this message when i try running the game. I have already tried uninstalling and validating the files. Can someone help with a fix for this? 

beginna   

Hello and welcome to Squad @Wax,
since when do you own Squad? - Did you play Squad before the update to Squad a-9.8?

beginna   

ok.

so I guess this issue started after the Squad update to a-9.8.

I'd suggest you do a clean install of Squad:

1. manually delete %localappdata%\Squad
    https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002768887-How-to-manually-clear-your-user-settings-cache
  2. uninstall Squad via steam
  3. manually delete remaining folders in Squad installation directory
    default: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad
  4. install Squad via Steam

report back if it worked. thx

beginna   
36 minutes ago, Wax said:

unfortunately that did not work [...]

bummer. ¬¬
let's have a look at the log file.
get the latest log file including the crash:
  1. delete all files and folders in the Logs-folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Logs)
  2. reproduce the crash    
  3. upload the latest created log file to eg. http://www.tinyupload.com/
  4. upload the latest created UE4Minidump.dmp inside the UE4CC-* folder
  5. share links here

PS.: and yeah, what Zylfrax791 said.

I have the same problem. I did all the above steps in reinstalling including deleting the squad folders in the steamapps folder and in the appdata folder.

After this 9.8 update. I cannot play Squad.

EDIT:

I fixed the problem.

The solution was i had to update my videocard drivers. I updated it 2 weeks ago, but apparently the previous nvidia drivers didn't work with the new UE release.

Edited by Clown_Tactical

Yeah my game crashes EVERY time I want to play it. Sometimes early in a match, sometimes it takes longer. Unplayable.

It's been like this for a long time, the game went through several versions and it still hasn't been addressed. It used to be more stable (but not entirely) when I was allowed to run the game on older drivers but now the game also demands newer drivers.

It's time you guys address the game crashes instead of focusing on adding new stuff.

IT. CRASHES. ALL. THE. TIME.

Fix this ASAP, we've been waiting for a fix for a loooong time now.

I have to give this game a bad review until it is playable because right now it's a piece of nonstop crashing sh*t. Not as a means of pressure to the dev team but to warn other people who might be interested in the game that this game is not worth buying yet.

Melbo   
30 minutes ago, Undefined said:

Yeah my game crashes EVERY time I want to play it. Sometimes early in a match, sometimes it takes longer. Unplayable.

It's been like this for a long time, the game went through several versions and it still hasn't been addressed. It used to be more stable (but not entirely) when I was allowed to run the game on older drivers but now the game also demands newer drivers.

It's time you guys address the game crashes instead of focusing on adding new stuff.

IT. CRASHES. ALL. THE. TIME.

Fix this ASAP, we've been waiting for a fix for a loooong time now.

I have to give this game a bad review until it is playable because right now it's a piece of nonstop crashing sh*t. Not as a means of pressure to the dev team but to warn other people who might be interested in the game that this game is not worth buying yet.

Looking at your post history you don't seem to have made any sort of attempt to get help via these forums. 

Have you tried contacting support via email? There's also a support channel in the official discord that could help with your problem.

beginna   

this is Wax's thread to troubleshoot his problem.

Since he hasn't been active for a while, I am locking this thread.
@WaxPM me or another moderator if you want this thread reopened.

Hello @Undefined,

I'd suggest you to create a new thread in the appropriate section of the forums describing your issue.

If possible add as much information as possible. (PC specs, screenshots, etc...)

thread locked.