=Jack-Daniels=

Any chance to see some of THIS in Squad?

I've been playing Escape from Tarkov a few days ago and I think that the weapon handling is awesome!! :x 

My question is .....Are we gonna see some of these features in Squad like chamber/ammo check instead of just a simple color in the hud? maybe fast reloads or something MORE inmersive that we already have right now?

Edited by =Jack-Daniels=

Quite likely 0%. We may get dual magnification optics or some from of secondary sight, but as for the weapon inspection and such it is both unnecessary and impractical for a game the size of squad.

I think that this kind of thing are "unnecessary and impractical" for a game like SFT but not for a game like Squad, in fact EFT that is not even trying to be a sim have those things making it a lot more immersive and this game being a simcade doesn't have none of it... 9_9

Edited by =Jack-Daniels=

EFT is trying to be a complete sim tho
watch any interview with the developers they talk about pretty much nothing else but realism

yup 

40 minutes ago, =Jack-Daniels= said:

Yeah could be in the future but not now, meanwhile in Squad we have 80% arcade 20% sim.....

First thing to go, ive been saying alot, should be the way the rally respawn system works. Death has little consequence. You can just die and respawn in a house across a field endlessly until they push up or you kill all of them. There is nothing to it. Without advancement from the other team there is very little risk of losing as defenders and very little reward to those who are attacking. Killing enemies barely means anything until you are on the objective or get in their rally's proximety. Rallies need nerfing frist.

Ever since we started playing EfT in closed beta we did not fire up and played Squad at all. The game feels so much more alive, gun mechanics, shooting, guns detail, world, weather effect etc. etc. Its the importance of just being in the world of Tarkov you don't have to be in a gunfight and shoot all the time its still going to be intense. Its what squad is really lacking. I have been talking about that since Squad got first release.

Squad is teamwork kind of game but with some elements in it it does not support teamwork mechanics at all. It feels very arcade. When you die it doesn't mean much, just respawn in 40 seconds and go in for another laser beam gun fight. HMG bunkers and emplacements are almost useless, and when and if you use them correctly especially in some clans server they start to cry. 

Squad is in need of v10 ASAP. With overhaul of bullet ballistics and weapon handling (meaning fix laser beams), firing, slicker animations, weapon low stances, FOB overhaul, dragging teammates, fix cocking of hmgs, introduce gpmgs. Make obcjetives larger in area and make FOBs more important and maybe attached to the objective flags when you place them in cap zones. Airplanes, tanks and snipers.... all promised in kickstarter. 

Very excited about V10 - see you then.

Cheers,

Rain

On 27/08/2017 at 11:33 PM, =Jack-Daniels= said:

I think that this kind of thing are "unnecessary and impractical" for a game like SFT but not for a game like Squad, in fact EFT that is not even trying to be a sim have those things making it a lot more immersive and this game being a simcade doesn't have none of it... 9_9

Wrong. Eft is trying to be realistic - thats why its so good.

Being able to at least check your chamber/safety would be amazing. Just a quick 3 second gaze to see which firing mode your rifle is on and a little pull of the charging handle to reveal the tip of the round

18 hours ago, Rainmaker said:

Wrong. Eft is trying to be realistic - thats why its so good.

Yes, you're right ETF is trying.....Here such things like on the video are "unnecessary and impractical" but you know the drill, if we don't make a riot these things never gonna be in the game, simple as that.

Many people in here just want a game simple and easy just with a few immersive things with a good sound but nothing more.

Me? I want the best game ever. (Realistic, Immersive, with a learning curve & teamplay) If I just wanna shot something I have Battlefield.

And don't get me wrong, the game is good but lacks in details that makes a superb military fps.

Looking at the video provided by Daniels it only helps to solidify the notion of SQUAD being in its early development infancy and what is missing or could be implemented in the future.

I’m happy with the ground work that is being done in SQUAD. Yes there are mistakes done but that’s normal. These weapon animations examples are good to highlight, NOW. Rather than later, especially when the animation team is in full swing and trying to figure things out.

It wouldn’t surprise me if a weapon animations like shown in the video would be implemented in SQUAD, but only if used correctly for the purpose of clear functionality and to minimize the HUD clutter in the first person display.

I have no problem playing Marksman and having the versatility in SQUAD to change from long range ACOG and offset to a RED Dot when in CQB. When a functionality like this has a WIN/WIN situation and is actually practical solution in adding more ability’s to a Marksman Roll.

Any positive outcome that adds to any Roll in Squad, validates the extra animation hours it takes do develop the needed animations for a functionality and in so also brings more immersion to the game.  

Marksman Roll is the least picked roll in a squad because the lack of versatility. Thats a known fact. That and a "Noob first-timer Marksman go ape-shit when using it incorrectly everytime".

So if the animation expands the functionality of a Roll then maybe more squad leaders would be happy to have a Marksman Roll in their squad, instead of automatically discouraging its squad members from picking it, because of fear of handing over the Marksman roll to a child. Taking one player out of the squad, making the squad a less effective in the field.

Here is a video below that might shed some light on the subject.

Any way these are just some of my thought on the matter. Implement the animations where it makes sense and dont do flashy animations just for the sake of bling... bling...

Edited by BatSithCrazy

Well the more information not coming from the HUD the better is for me .... For example i hate name tags , but as far as checking firing mode and ammo on the magazine i am all for it , ofcourse that mean that more rigging and animating and i am personally all for even a compass to check directions , but one good thing about it is that these animations is that they can make it that they only will show in first person that way it won't hurt performance and just will let us appreciate the beatiful models more and best of all less HUD !