Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
-MG

Any decent Tank/Armoured warfare games ?.

Recommended Posts

I have looked at warthunder and World of tanks but it's too arcady to my liking. Anyone knows of any better one's ?. 
Simulations included are fine with me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Catindabox said:

Steel beasts would definitely be something to look into with its first person perspective with 3D cockpit.


Looks interesting !. But i'm really not gonna spend 100€ on a game that comes with a dongle and that looks like it was developed in 2006.Also the sounds are horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played WoT a lot a lot,i was even in the Alpha stage of development.The game was amazing at the begging and all but last couple of years it lost its way.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warthunder's realistic and sim mode is exactly what you're looking for. I NEVER touch arcade in Warthunder.

 

EDIT: Also, in the early tiers of Wartunder, the gameplay is a little fast due to there being all "low tier" tanks in the matches. Once you get to tier 3 or so, things start to slow WAY down. Your palms will be sweaty rolling down a street in a Sherman just waiting for that random Tiger shot from half mile away 9_9

Edited by IronComatose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warthunder simulation looks aight. Starting to kinda like Steel beasts though. Dunno about the $125 price 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking this out right now watching the video.. 

How they get the tracks to mark the sand?  Kinda arcade y and not first person...

 

Looky what I found...

 

Edited by XRobinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, XRobinson said:

Checking this out right now watching the video.. 

How they get the tracks to mark the sand?  Kinda arcade y and not first person...

 

 

Looks decent, but it's arcade. Steelbeasts seems like the only decent Tank game out there atm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks good, but when the tanks fire on enemy tanks the cross hairs are directly on target, what happened to aiming above target and allowing for range to target?  An arc to the shell trajectory?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, XRobinson said:

[...] when the tanks fire on enemy tanks the cross hairs are directly on target, what happened to aiming above target and allowing for range to target? [...]

Tanks are equipped with a ballistic fire-control computer in order to fire accurately. - It's point and shoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was expecting this for aiming at a moving target and for distance as well.  I know tanks now have auto adjusting barrels while moving at speed when locked on target, but for manual aiming and not using auto aim, wouldn't this be necessary? 400px-Tactics_movingTarget.png

 

 

Edited by XRobinson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRobinson said:

 but for manual aiming and not using auto aim, wouldn't this be necessary? 400px-Tactics_movingTarget.png

 

 

Yess. Variables like target speed and range makes leading shots mandatory.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, potNpans said:

Aces High III is a WW 2 flight combat sim, with a good ground game of tanks but mostly a good game community. http://www.hitechcreations.com

Its a monthly subscription for all access, been flying and driving for almost 10 years, also it was just made available through steam

  http://store.steampowered.com/app/651090/Aces_High_III

but is not needed.

 

Looks nice, but not much positive to read about the people behind this game + monthly payment ?. Yeah, sounds fishy....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand your "sounds fishy" statement. They HiTech creations was started in the early days of flight sims online around when Air warriors was fading. They maintain servers and control of game content, Bud Anderson used to fly Aces high. I guess the 14.95 a month subscription fee might cause some angst, but its a free down load and some content is free. The owner and creator is on their forums all the time, guess you can call me a loyal patron since 2008. Its dam fun, but like Squad a steep learning curve.

Saluto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, potNpans said:

I don't understand your "sounds fishy" statement. They HiTech creations was started in the early days of flight sims online around when Air warriors was fading. They maintain servers and control of game content, Bud Anderson used to fly Aces high. I guess the 14.95 a month subscription fee might cause some angst, but its a free down load and some content is free. The owner and creator is on their forums all the time, guess you can call me a loyal patron since 2008. Its dam fun, but like Squad a steep learning curve.

Saluto

Just not a fan of subscription. Paying for a game and paying inorder to be able toplay a game is just money milking IMO. 
Now What DCS world does, asking a set price per Jet module is something i find acceptable. As they put alot of study and work in developing jets. 
The base game comes free aswel.

But no, charging monthly to play a game. DOn't buy that shit :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×