Morning Gents. For some reason it seams like the devs in addition to the bug fixes that we all appreciate, have turned the bass nob in 9.8 too maximum and all the sounds consist of a very undesirable bass level now. Maybe I missed it, but I saw no mention of an edit to the sound's cache in the change logs. Was this an intentional change, or an unforeseen bug? The level of bass has completely thrown off the players ability to identify enemy fire in my opinion and made the audio experience in Squad quite hard to enjoy. Any response would be  welcome as I would be relieved to hear this is a bug on the client side which I can resolve with some tinkering or a reinstall, as a patch of these sounds is going to drive me away from playing till it is changed or fixed.

Kind Regards

Kdot

55 minutes ago, Kdotman said:

Morning Gents. For some reason it seams like the devs in addition to the bug fixes that we all appreciate, have turned the bass nob in 9.8 too maximum and all the sounds consist of a very undesirable bass level now. Maybe I missed it, but I saw no mention of an edit to the sound's cache in the change logs. Was this an intentional change, or an unforeseen bug? The level of bass has completely thrown off the players ability to identify enemy fire in my opinion and made the audio experience in Squad quite hard to enjoy. Any response would be  welcome as I would be relieved to hear this is a bug on the client side which I can resolve with some tinkering or a reinstall, as a patch of these sounds is going to drive me away from playing till it is changed or fixed.

Kind Regards

Kdot

Hmm thats personally something I haven't noticed. Lets see if others have. 

I had noticed lots of bass too after clearing my cache. It was remedied after just a restart of my pc.

10 hours ago, CC-Marley said:

I had noticed lots of bass too after clearing my cache. It was remedied after just a restart of my pc.

Sweet I'm gonna clear the cache and see if that resolves it. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Kdotman said:

Sweet I'm gonna clear the cache and see if that resolves it. Cheers.

clearing cache didn't do it. The pc restart did though.

15 hours ago, CC-Marley said:

Restarted PC and cleared cache to no avail unfortunately!

On 2017/8/28 at 5:25 AM, anders said:

That's weird, I haven't touched the sounds for 9.8.

Will you touch the sounds for 10.0?

23 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Will you touch the sounds for 10.0?

One thing I came across was this, which gave me a bit of a boner. Most probably wont be in v10, but it's nice to know the sound reflection system has been looked at again :P

12 hours ago, Dubs said:

One thing I came across was this, which gave me a bit of a boner. Most probably wont be in v10, but it's nice to know the sound reflection system has been looked at again :P

Yeah, I saw this a while back and it looks promising.

Restarted PC, cleared game cache manually and checked game files through steam, seems to have resolved the issue. Thank you all for your hasty replies. Also Dubs, cheers for that vid, had not seen that, cant wait for that too hit the live builds!