Sign in to follow this  
Beans

Will lnsurgency gamemode get some love soon?

Beans   

Anyone else a little disappointed in the current state of the Insurgency game mode? Coming from PR I felt like Insurgency was my favorite mode and probably made up about 80% of my play time in PR. I mean we only recently got Al Basarah which feels like a legit insurgency map but I've not seen the devs ever mention there would be some Insurgency improvements coming down the pipe.

Edited by Beans

I'd wager that there is just way more important things to work on at the moment, buy I can't wait until they give it some more love too. I hope they even expand on it some. It doesn't need to be a 1:1 copy of PR's insurgency.

Edited by IronComatose

Assifuah   

Insurgency will get some more love. There's a lot of other things that are more important for sure, as mentioned above, some of which might even benefit future iterations of the Insurgency game mode. :)

I love Insurgency in PR, but I wouldn't say no to the devs taking it one step further as they've done with Squad as a whole!

Insurgency is so fun. Coming from PR aswell. I am gutted that we have been forced playing AAS all the time latelly.

What I consider insurgency gamemode should be like is:

- to gain intel of insurgent cache aproximate locations you need to eliminate specific number of insurgents which in result gives you higher percentage of gaining that map intel

- there should be two caches spawning at one time and no more, but you can discover only one location by gaining intel not the other one. The other one should stay hidden until first one is destroyed to present a chance for insurgents to set up defences if they wish so.

- new fob mechanics could be experimented with. Like if US side builds a specific fob it will accumulate small number of tickets over time for them if they keep that firebase fob alive. Maybe a new deployable like medical tent or barracks tent type of thing would do that. Thats just one way how to make fobs more relevant.

- US should start with way less tickets than insurgents

These are just some of the ideas that comes to my mind when talking about ins.

suds   

I enjoy insurgency too, it is just so different to AAS with far more focused fighting. 

It is so rare to see it lately, so I tend to spend at least 10 mins explaining it to other squad leaders, often they understand far too late. Typically you will see an attacking squad rushing the resupply points marked on the map and claiming they need support and cannot cap. :D

I believe it is in the rotation on one of the popular RIP servers (EU)

As a short term improvement:

A good defence is great fun for both teams and I would ask for increased flexibility for building for the defending team simply because of the variation this creates. 

Perhaps the cache should act as a supply of build points as soon as it spawns. Allowing some defences to go up quickly, hopefully not preventing another radio from being placed. Or give a freshly placed radio a higher number of build points for the defending team.

The location a cache appears in can turn a really close game into a big disappointment. It would be awesome if a cache could be dismantled for a short period after spawning so it respawned.

EG

A strong defence has been set up to hold a cache.

The final cache (game ending if lost) has appeared right near the enemy main and has little to no chance of being defended.

A SL and a couple of shovel carriers go there and remove it before the enemy sees the location. The cache is destroyed but does not count, it respawns quickly. The number of times this could happen could be limited.

LugNut   

I haven't seen it in rotation in ages. While not perfect, I did enjoy the change in pace, I think with refinement it will be great.