Gatzby

Alpha 9.8 Release

@TDS  Yeah I noticed it most on Russian LAT kit the AK in semi was messed up.  I think it must be something to do with 4.16 as @anders said he didn't touch any sounds on the last patch!?

11 minutes ago, Carlos said:

@TDS  Yeah I noticed it most on Russian LAT kit the AK in semi was messed up.  I think it must be something to do with 4.16 as @anders said he didn't touch any sounds on the last patch!?

Quite a lot happened in 4.16 with the audio...

JyEd96fFRE_1dveWzbDl8Q.png

• New: Vorbis-encoded audio files can now be streamed.
  • New: Audio streaming is now supported on Android, iOS, and XBox One.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a shutdown crash when there is a pending async audio occlusion trace.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a crash when opening a Media Sound Wave.
  • Bugfix: 'Sound Player' nodes will more efficiently load the referenced sound asset unless a 'Sound Quality' node is being used to select which 'Sound Player' nodes to consider, in which case, the current asset reference evaluation will continue to be used.
  • Bugfix: We only queue subtitles once per-wave instances playback.

• New: Added new cvars to help with optimization (only applies to the new Audio Mixer).
    • au.DisableReverbSubmix, au.DisableEQSubmix, ​au.DisableParallelSourceProcessing, au.SetAudioChannelCount
  • Bugfix: Fixed MIDI Device plugin public headers not being able to be included from an external module.
  • Optimized internals of new Audio Mixer. Gains approach 15% savings from before:
    • Turned a float divide into a multiply, which occurred at least 32k times per audio update.
    • Avoided thousands of Array.Add() calls during processing, which on shipping still does checks to see if the allocator has to grow, and updates ArrayCount.
    • Removed pointer indirection and successive TArray Add()s in GetChannelMap().
    • Removed function call overhead to updating channel map.
    • Simplified FSourceParam::Update() to reduce branching and have one return site.
    • Added alternative to GetChannelMap() called UpdateChannelMap() that avoids copying out values to an array. The values can then be fetched from the channel data directly.
    • Refactored internal data to use array of structs rather than struct of arrays for better cache coherency when processing channels one at a time.

https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Support/Builds/ReleaseNotes/4_16/index.html#new:unrealaudioengine_earlyaccesspreview_

Edited by Psyrus
Added other parts

21 hours ago, Carlos said:

yep for sure it was because the engine upgrade, maybe some samples need rework or reinplementation into the game code for the new engine version.

or maybe its something about the new audio mixer in 4.16... hope for a hotfix soon ;-)

Edited by TDS