GeorgeMc14

When will Squad be on sale on steam next?

I really want to buy this game and I'm waiting for it to go on sale on steam because I cant quite afford a £30 game in alpha =/ (no offence)

So just want to know when/if this game will be on sale again.

Thanks

On 8/25/2017 at 10:01 AM, GeorgeMc14 said:

I really want to buy this game and I'm waiting for it to go on sale on steam because I cant quite afford a £30 game in alpha =/ (no offence)

Thanks

Squad is well worth the paltry sum of $40 American. Support the developers. 

Psyrus   
On 8/26/2017 at 2:01 AM, GeorgeMc14 said:

The game will most likely be on sale again, it usually has 25-50% off that coincides with big steam sales (for example, the summer sales)

https://steamdb.info/app/393380/

Check the "Price History" section for clues about what timing could yield what kind of sales in the future. 

4 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Squad is well worth the paltry sum of $40 American. Support the developers. 

There are many people in the world to whom $40 is not a paltry sum, especially with a game still in early access and a fleeting interest in the genre. He doesn't really owe the devs anything (support), as much as we all (the squad community) are rooting for them and whatnot. 

Popo   

My guess is that we will see V10 released, and then ca. month later (hopefully with next content patch - tanks) something like -65% and free weekend.

Psyrus   

I'm really hoping for a free weekend after the animation changes patch goes live, as I have 3-4 people who play things like PUBG/ARMA but haven't been convinced about squad's gameplay based on youtube videos... but I'm pretty confident if I can get them in a squad together and show them what kind of amazing experience squad can provide, they'll be ready to take the plunge

Update, i bought the game for full price, and it runs at 15 fps at lowest settings with everything turned off and resolution at 1080.

THAT is why this game isn't worth the "paltry sum" of £30 for a not properly optimised game in early access.

btw for the ppl i know will be asking for comp specs:

gpu: gtx 950m (laptop cpu)

cpu: i7 6700hq

ram: 8gb

oh, and just for those who say "its a laptop, what do you expect?" ive seen countless videos of this exact setup on youtube playing the game this year on ultra settings and getting around 60fps or a bit lower on high-ultra.

if you aren't willing to take the risk of the game being unplayable, don't waste your money.

beginna   
34 minutes ago, GeorgeMc14 said:

[...] ive seen countless videos of this exact setup on youtube playing the game this year on ultra settings and getting around 60fps or a bit lower on high-ultra.

care to share the links to these videos?

37 minutes ago, GeorgeMc14 said:

Update, i bought the game for full price, and it runs at 15 fps at lowest settings with everything turned off and resolution at 1080.

THAT is why this game isn't worth the "paltry sum" of £30 for a not properly optimised game in early access.

btw for the ppl i know will be asking for comp specs:

gpu: gtx 950m (laptop cpu)

cpu: i7 6700hq

ram: 8gb

oh, and just for those who say "its a laptop, what do you expect?" ive seen countless videos of this exact setup on youtube playing the game this year on ultra settings and getting around 60fps or a bit lower on high-ultra.

if you aren't willing to take the risk of the game being unplayable, don't waste your money.

You know Steam offers full refunds right?