Sign in to follow this  
A Chicken Nugget

Extreme lag spikes. The game is unplayable.

Let me just start off and say I love Squad and have played it for over a year now without any problems. But last week, when I started up squad and joined a multiplayer server I got extreme 1-3 second lag spikes every time I shoot, look around, etc. This still occurs for every game I join, even a bit in the firing range, although it inst as bad as a multiplayer server. Before this started happening I was getting 60+ fps without any lag spike issues. My ping is always good and my specs are: Intel Xeon E31230 3.20GHz, MSI Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti, 8gbs of ram, and a ourlink AC600 wireless adapter.

I honestly don't know what I did to cause this, but I wanna play squad reaaaaallllyyyy bad so I hope yall can help!

SHO-SHIN   

Have you cleared cache from in game menu?

I would do that and then turn everything to low or of and measure your fps and general performance across a couple of established, full servers. then you will have a reasonable idea of where you are at.

I3iber   

I personally have some problems with lag spikes and found GPU Tweak a very useful tool.

It has a "gaming booster" which turns off unnecessary windows processes and gives the game a way better stability.

But you should use the "repair" function of "Easy anti Cheat" after every "boost" because it seems to stop working otherwise.

But maybe it won´t help you because the lags have a different source :/

3 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

Have you cleared cache from in game menu?

I would do that and then turn everything to low or of and measure your fps and general performance across a couple of established, full servers. then you will have a reasonable idea of where you are at.

I bet a pound on this :-D

How do you clear your game cache? 

I have the same problem since the new update. Massive lag spikes throughout rounds - and I never had any lag in squad before. Any other suggestions how to fix this?