Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Sandwich

Disable team switch or hide map

Just wanted to make a small post about this.

When you load into a game, the server chooses your team. You can look at the map before you spawn and see your teammates locations. You can then swap teams and inform the new team where the enemy is.

I've also played in servers where the enemy team has someone on my team, giving locations through teamspeak or other voice apps.

Kind of ruins the game.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sandwich said:

When you load into a game, the server chooses your team. You can look at the map before you spawn and see your teammates locations. You can then swap teams and inform the new team where the enemy is.

I've also played in servers where the enemy team has someone on my team, giving locations through teamspeak or other voice apps.

Kind of ruins the game.

wow... thanks for informing everyone of that. Good to know huh? Just thank God there's not people flying around like angels in the game or players with duplicate accounts sitting there watching your every move on the map in realtime because that would really suck.

suds   

ive heard that jesus will personally come an sh!t on the lawn of people who do this

Bahrein   

Yeah i understand what you experienced.Something similar happens to me time to time,when you get in game and fast hit enter to chose your spawn and stuff you get to see your team blueberries and you can see the enemy players red in color on the map and FOB-s.But never ever in my life in any game did i told my squad where the enemy is or where i saw the FOB nor will i ever do it.

I think its a bug or something.

But a lot of team switching is when your team is loosing and some of the players that dont rage quit start to switch into wining team.

So i do think something needs to be done about that.

Edited by Bahrein

This to the MAX. There needs to be a system to prevent team sniping which is a real problem that I've personally seen happen and happens way too much from reading the forums.

Here's a few suggestions for OWI:

1. Disable recording of microphone for all tasks except for Squad when Squad exe is running. I'm not sure if this is possible.

2. Make a lobby and matchmaking system Call of Duty style were you can make a lobby with your friends and join the server as a group. When players start dying, the server automatically switches lobby group members to the same team with dead players on the opposite team.

3. More Steam integration. The game should know if friends on Steam are on the same server and switch dead players until all friends are on the same team. This also applies to players with the same IP address.

4. Prevent Steam friends and lobby group members and players with the same IP address from switching teams manually after they have been team switched by the server bot or once manually themselves.

5. Auto kick afk players with no input after a certain time period. Each time they try to rejoin the server, they are blocked for longer and longer with a global cooldown timer.

6. And this is probably the most important and simplest fix. Only have the squad leaders' icon and no squad member's icons be visible on the map to teammates not in that Squad. The squad leader's icon should only update position every couple of minutes or so.

For a game where tactics and teamplay is so important, allowing cheaters to team snipe absolutely kills the point of the game.

Edited by xxxWINGNUTSxxx

embecmom   

what is team sniping?

I do think that the teams should be locked and no switching at all in a round.. only where the balance is out should it then auto switch ...

yes there is a bug where you can see all players on the map but tbh its not as if you would not expect them in certain places most of the time anyway!

there is nothing you can do about TS /Discord twats giving away locations if they are that serious about cheating they would just setup separate voice app on another piece of kit.. its just sad that some people do that.. I had a guy in my squad that said to me when going to search for an enemy fob that there was none there because he just switched teams... told him to keep that info to himself or he might get kicked.. problem is he could just keep it to himself and then all of a sudden 'oh Ive found the fob'.... not much you can do.. 

-MG   
31 minutes ago, embecmom said:

what is team sniping?

You play on one team for a while....take notes of FOB locations and where teams are, then switch teams to give out info. 

Skul   
15 hours ago, xxxWINGNUTSxxx said:

This to the MAX. There needs to be a system to prevent team sniping which is a real problem that I've personally seen happen and happens way too much from reading the forums.

Proofs/links? I see it used very rarely, like 1/50 matches.

Here's a few suggestions for OWI:

1. Disable recording of microphone for all tasks except for Squad when Squad exe is running. I'm not sure if this is possible.

Not possible and it is easily avoidable even if it was possible.

2. Make a lobby and matchmaking system Call of Duty style were you can make a lobby with your friends and join the server as a group. When players start dying, the server automatically switches lobby group members to the same team with dead players on the opposite team.

This doesn't solve anything. People who want to team snipe, will do just that anyway.

3. More Steam integration. The game should know if friends on Steam are on the same server and switch dead players until all friends are on the same team. This also applies to players with the same IP address.

No. It would lead to very bad results: all rookies and randoms would end up on the same team, when on the other team you will have a chain of good-ish players who play for a long time and added each other to the friend lists. Good clan players(from different clans) very often have each other in the friend lists. This system would switch all clan players to the same team, leading to the imbalanced game.

Basically, what you described here in 3rd point is anti-teambalance system, which would ruin the game.

4. Prevent Steam friends and lobby group members and players with the same IP address from switching teams manually after they have been team switched by the server bot or once manually themselves.

This doesn't solve anything as well as the second part. 99.99% of the time time people team snipe from different IPs.

5. Auto kick afk players with no input after a certain time period. Each time they try to rejoin the server, they are blocked for longer and longer with a global cooldown timer.

With current 'gaming' devices it takes less than 1 minute to write a macro to spam inputs infinitely if you need to. Doesn't solve anything except for kicking people just to free a slot.

6. And this is probably the most important and simplest fix. Only have the squad leaders' icon and no squad member's icons be visible on the map to teammates not in that Squad. The squad leader's icon should only update position every couple of minutes or so.

Most of the people are clueless, blind and deaf in this game as it is. If you start implementing this kind of stuff, it will ruin the game because scrubs will not know how to leave main base. Very often they don't know even with current rule set.

For a game where tactics and teamplay is so important, allowing cheaters to team snipe absolutely kills the point of the game.

It doesn't. Team snipers are usually bad players(scrubs and lamers) which get rekt by good players irregardless. Any good self-respecting player will kick you from the squad for telling their squad information about other team you got before you switched to their team.

You can't fix team sniping. And no one doesn't need to. There are no good players who uses it because good players like to win fair and square, that's the point of the game. When you win and you know you cheated, it doesn't like a win. It just feels like you cheated, irregardless of the outcome of the match.

This is like the most lame thing you can do in this game, and therefore only scrubby lamers use it. Which isn't the problem, because their face gets broken by good players anyway.

1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

I'm just guessing here but he's probably referring to stream sniping.

No, these are different things.

Team sniping is when you join a team, take notes/screenshots/whatever, switch to the other team and then act on this information, like telling other teammates about FOBs and everything on the other team.

Stream sniping is when you open someone else's stream, join the other team on the same server and using information you get from that stream to your advantage as a player on the other team.

Edited by Skul

On 24.8.2017 at 8:00 PM, Mr. Sandwich said:

Kind of ruins the game.

Thats basicly ghosting which nobody likes. Yesterday a random player joined my squad and told me "i know where their fob is" and my respond was "Thats nice for you but i don't care and dare you to tell us about it, unless you have clear vision with your own eyes" But disable team switch would be the wrong way because freinds or teams will be discerped ... this will only help to piss people off.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

People just need to be good sports about this. I rarely switch, unless I'm not getting much communication from fellow squad leaders or if a friend is on the other team. 

In either case, if I switch teams, I never squad lead until the round is over and I do not communicate enemy positions to my team. Its not that hard to play fair.

A simple team selection lobby combined with an extended team switching cool down period would fix 99% of these problems.

Combine that with the actual game forcing a player to either join a squad and see a limited map that only has main and rally spaws available or create a squad and see the map with probationary exclusions would fix the rest of the "ghosting"...