Name: Karasu

Size: 2.2 by 2.2 km

Teams: Russian and Militia

Gameplay: Infantry with light vehicles and probably BTR.

Download link: On Hold

Description: First Squad map.  Militia from the Caucasu are causing trouble on Russian ground.  Landscape is diverse with open fields, forest and farmland.
There is somesort of weapon depot and an abandoned Russian base. Gameplay sure will adjustment based on feedback once it get played. We will see what happens.

Minimap:

karasumap.jpg

Screenshots/Media:

karasu4.jpgkarasu5.jpg

karasu7.jpgkarasu6.jpg
karasu3.jpgkarasu2.jpg

karasu1.jpg

Some 360 shots

https://kuula.co/post/7lk7L

https://kuula.co/post/7lk7h

https://kuula.co/post/7lk4J

https://kuula.co/post/7lk7m

The terrain looks great and I think it'll be good for combined arms. Hope this gets into the base game!

Great work so far. That last screenshot is a highlight for me, feels like a map I'd want to play on.

SDK update changed my landscape material. The dirt texture under all roads was not there.
All roads have grass painted under them. Boring task to fix.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:51 AM, Drecks said:

Boring task to fix.

How goes the boring task?

Have you gotten any word about the possibility of this being implemented into vanilla or is your only option to offer it as a mod?

I have no idea. In my opinion custom made maps needs to be playtested anyway to tweak
gameplay and other realted stuff like performance,layout and fun.

I dont even know when we can add this to steam workshop.

10 minutes ago, Drecks said:

I have no idea. In my opinion custom made maps needs to be playtested anyway to tweak
gameplay and other realted stuff like performance,layout and fun.

I dont even know when we can add this to steam workshop.

I think that you should holla official Squad testers with pm, those guys will playtest it for sure. Everything looks dope.

I have been tweaking the light and the looks to make it look good. There are two versions. A sunny and an overcast version. 

Dont know if I ever get to play the map.  I have now 333 hours in Squad and I feel absoluteley no improvement in my shooting. And more and more I'm wondered how the hell they manage to get me down with one or two shots and no matter what distance. Even at close range I experience the most weird things during shooting. I tried lots of things and did read about it but no improvement at all. The opposite happens and its getting worse and worse. Now at a point that I even wonder if there is some sort of elite secret in shooting in this game they forgot to tell me.  But its simply getting to annoying.

Back to the map here some latest screens. And we will see where this map ends.

0.png1.png

3.png4.png

5.png

I run my mouse speed at .14, or whatever it's called in the control panel, I forget. Higher, and I whip my muzzle around like a drunk not being able to line up on anything. That, and trying to play smart has upped my hit and kill percentages drastically. It probably took me over 400 hours before I figured it out. Full auto when I might get myself in a panic situation in CQB and semi everywhere else, I only take shots where I have a high percentage of a hit, and I move around the map always trying to be in a position to fire accurately, and minimize my exposure, if that makes sense. If I end up snap shooting, I'll usually lose to someone with better reflexes than I. 

The map looks great, the stream needs some vegetation, since plants love water. 

Edited by LugNut
kant spel

9 hours ago, Drecks said:

I have been tweaking the light and the looks to make it look good. There are two versions. A sunny and an overcast version. 

Dont know if I ever get to play the map.  I have now 333 hours in Squad and I feel absoluteley no improvement in my shooting. And more and more I'm wondered how the hell they manage to get me down with one or two shots and no matter what distance. Even at close range I experience the most weird things during shooting. I tried lots of things and did read about it but no improvement at all. The opposite happens and its getting worse and worse. Now at a point that I even wonder if there is some sort of elite secret in shooting in this game they forgot to tell me.  But its simply getting to annoying.

Nice new screens mate!

Don´t worry about the shooting part, the whole mechanics will get overhauled with alpha 10 and everyone has to relearn shooting then. You could also always play medic and be the kinda layed back guy patching up your boys. (That is what I mostly do)

9 hours ago, Drecks said:

I even wonder if there is some sort of elite secret in shooting in this game they forgot to tell me

Just play the side with the M4... insta win any close to medium gun fight :P

9 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Just play the side with the M4... insta win any close to medium gun fight :P

Shhhh...... the M4 with the foregrip is my secret weapon on Sumari

Thought it went a tad better with lower mouse aim/sensitivity. Less speed in movement on the mouse makes aiming indeed better.

It last a few but again I experience these situations where I see an  enemy squad run in the distance. I guess 150 meters and they run from left to right. So not even my direction. I go prone and  tell my squad about them and aim to see where they heading for. Before I even shoot I see one of them go prone turn myt direction and before I know he kills me with one single shot in the head.

Or situations where I see another enemy. A loner moves in my line of fire from left to right. He is not aware of my position. I wait till he is in good sights. Distance about 30 meters I'm on single shot I aim and shoot. Off course I shoot some more and he seems to went prone. As by know I know the chance I killed him is very small. And yes next moment he starts to shoot back and I die in two three shots. This kind of things happens so often that I really think something is not ok with the overall shooting.

oh and Lugnut. Plant don't love fast moving water. :-)

Edited by Drecks
Why not.

There's definitely issues in game with the fact that your first hit doesn't really affect the enemy much, and they can quickly and accurately return fire, that can be frustrating for sure. That first hit should really leave the enemy vulnerable for a couple of seconds IMO. I find the gun handling a bit weird in game which doesn't help things, hopefully, with the new animations, the entire situation will be reevaluated. The dolphin dive issue will be gone for sure. 

Your map, I'm fine with your decisions. 

Thanks for the reply. It was not a quick posted rant but simple an observation after over 300 hours of playing. I notice so many weird shooting experience. Anyway with the adjust mouse speed it got some better but good to hear i'm not the only one with this feeling.

Edited by Drecks

NICEEEE!!! :D

but how this works btw :)

Edited by Disco

I doubt if it works. As the upload to workshop was done in a few seconds and the saved modfile seems empty.