wunda

[WIP] Raid On Rostov [Vanilla]

wunda   

fF2Wu92.png

Name:

Raid On Rostov

Rostov Oblast, Russia (IRL location is South Carolina)

Size:

2km

Teams:

US Army VS Russia

Gameplay:

Raid On Rostov is an infantry focused AAS map that funnels infantry and light

vehicles from the dense surrounding forests into a large munitions factory.

Download Link:

UNRELEASED

Description:

Raid On Rostov is based on the Milsim West event of the same name that took place in 2015. Milsim West is a company that runs simulated wargames using airsoft, blankfire, and pyrotechnics. It follows a fictional war between Nato and Russian forces on the European front. The map is finished with exception of minor polishing.

The following is lore from the IRL event:

After the NATO offensive and siege of Rostov-on-Don was broken NATO ground forces have been pushed back into the border regions. Despite the lengthy and costly siege of Rostov many pieces of critical Russian defense infrastructure remains in place including the Balakin Munitions Factory.

Producing close to 70% of the arms and ammunition used by Russian Southern Military Command, headquartered in Rostov-on-Don, the Balakin Munitions Factory is a critical piece in the Russian's  defense plan for Southern Russia and any production delays would be incredibly costly to its defense plan.

NATO Special Forces, operating under TF Archangel, plan to execute a battalion sized raid on Balakin Munitions Factory in order to starve Russian Southern Command of it's needed munitions and to hopefully bring the ground war in Southern Russia to a close.

Hearing rumors of a proposed NATO raid on an industrial factory, Russian Southern Command has deployed units of elite VDV and FSB to reinforce existing militia units guarding these installations.

The aftermath of the battle ultimately resulted in Russian forces holding the factory. During the battle however NATO forces destroyed most of manufacturing equipment rendering the factory useless and allowing the main invasion force to enter the region.

Minimap:

1kwfgvP.jpg

The maps layout consists of 2 small objectives per team

before entering the single large factory. Russians get a 1 flag

head start so they can occupy the factory before the US.

Screenshots/Media:

Ldg9aCb.jpg8OXIbSE.jpgmzCQprw.jpgrpYRjLz.jpg8rLQVTo.jpgk4PWq8I.jpg6jzPPtB.jpg34OlYUb.jpgZkigPvG.jpgdw5AeLw.jpgM2u1hYS.jpgyyfdQfC.jpg

Old Screenshots:

2017-03-04

Videos:

Edited by wunda

Psyrus   

Looks nice, but I have two concerns:

• If the US gets capped back to the main (bridge is taken by the Russians, it seems exceedingly hard to make an approach on the bridge flag without being spotted/taken out at range... so basically just a killzone for people trying to escape the US main. I guess if the bleed was slow enough they could go west, flank all the way around for several KM then set up a fob south/east of bridge...
  • East/South East parts of the map are barren of points of interest, which limits gameplay to that NE->SW portion of the map, which I feel is a wasted opportunity that could be solved with a couple of villages/supporting infrastructure for the central area (like a power transmission substation)

wunda   
16 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Looks nice, but I have two concerns:

• If the US gets capped back to the main (bridge is taken by the Russians, it seems exceedingly hard to make an approach on the bridge flag without being spotted/taken out at range... so basically just a killzone for people trying to escape the US main. I guess if the bleed was slow enough they could go west, flank all the way around for several KM then set up a fob south/east of bridge...
  • East/South East parts of the map are barren of points of interest, which limits gameplay to that NE->SW portion of the map, which I feel is a wasted opportunity that could be solved with a couple of villages/supporting infrastructure for the central area (like a power transmission substation)

The bridge is mostly a last stand and if they fail to hold the bridge the attack on the munitions factory is a failure which will make them bleed in minutes. Also I have considered expanding the map to 4km and may do it in the future but for now those areas are intentionally barren the fighting should be forward with little opportunities to flank just a massive charge to the factory to gain a foothold. If I do expand to 4km then the factory itself will be one single middle objective with a few farms and villages surrounding.

Doom6197   

Hey do you have any comparison images from the event location? Would really like to see how they compare.

Edited by Doom6197

wunda   
7 hours ago, Doom6197 said:

Hey do you have any comparison images from the event location? Would really like to see how they compare.

Not as of right now but this video has some good drone footage of the area. Searching "Raid On Rostov" on youtube will yield a good amount of footage from the event as well.

Edited by wunda