Drecks   
On 14-9-2017 at 9:23 PM, XRobinson said:

ludendorrf_textured5.jpg

ludendorrf_textured4.jpg

ludendorrf_textured3.jpg

ludendorrf_textured2.jpg

ludendorrf_textured1.jpg

Welcome to the real Ludendorff bridge.

Last night I dug out my old bridge build and decided to bring it in Substance Painter, I think I will try to do another UV map for it though because its a big mesh and the detailing paint is getting stretched, may do a projection by view UV map, so can get the details like rivets and wear and tear on it.  No I haven't given up on WW2 map for this bridge, this bridge may show in HUE map for Vietnam as well as the bridge that crosses on the left side, as this is a railroad bridge like the one that was there.  I have been trying to ramp things up and get these things made and in a playable map, time to work overtime...had a little fun with GIMP and put what a tank might look like on the bridge... :)

Those that do not know about the General Ludendorff bridge  named after a WW1 General:

Great stuff man. I like WW2 stuff. :-)

9 minutes ago, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

Well i could model that mk19 but that is even more work with blueprints :)

Maybe someone, also as talented, might have modelled one already. At least the shooting mechanics for grenade launchers are already in Squad. I remember when quick firing grenade launcher hacks infiltrated Squad. They were devastating. US version of the rocket techie would be something to fear.

Since I did the UV map of the Ludendorff bridge and started painting it, I thought well, I better start making the map for it or its not going to get used where it is supposed to right.  So, last couple of days I worked on getting the Remagen map started, and it still has long ways to go, but it's started, and I thought I make a little promo pic of the map with the two assets I made for it also to get into the WW2 mode again.  You ready to fight for the bridge that helped the Allies break out into Germany in WW2?

map_remagen_wip.jpg

I read a little more on this battle on wiki and it turns out a lot more happened here than people realize, Germany threw every asset they could at this bridge to bring it down even underwater marines in a night mission, the allies put lights in the water just in case they tried that...and all kinds of shelling and bombing happened that left craters everywhere and houses destroyed. Good read.

Edited by XRobinson

Gatzby   
13 hours ago, XRobinson said:

I read a little more on this battle on wiki and it turns out a lot more happened here than people realize, Germany threw every asset they could at this bridge to bring it down even underwater marines in a night mission, the allies put lights in the water just in case they tried that...and all kinds of shelling and bombing happened that left craters everywhere and houses destroyed. Good read.

Yeah! It's an absolutely fascinating and often overlooked battle. I think I legitimately learned about it by playing Battlefield 2142, then digging into that wikihole. Who said video games weren't educational? ;)

On 9/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, Major Trouble said:

Maybe someone, also as talented, might have modelled one already. At least the shooting mechanics for grenade launchers are already in Squad. I remember when quick firing grenade launcher hacks infiltrated Squad. They were devastating. US version of the rocket techie would be something to fear.

MK19 would be great to have if someone decides to model it in the future. Not only as a vehicle mounted weapon but as an emplaced one as well. It's also used by a few factions that are being worked on at the moment so it would help people check that off the to-do list.

FishMan   

Its not WIP. I just dont want to create a new thread for this. So I decided to flood here a little bit...

I suddenly found out that wargaming has their own channel on sketchfab, and Im pretty sure that It can be interesting for everyone...

Ofcource in the engine it looks a way better, but still Im pretty sure that some can pick up something interesting here...

So here is the link:

https://sketchfab.com/wargaming

Edited by FishMan

newnose_midangles.jpg

@LugNut

Worked on the nose today, was bothering me, had to do it in Blender, and had to edit and shape by one vertex at a time, but only took a couple of hours.  Going to fix up the fuselage and windows a little more but the nose is getting there I think.