What are you working on?

On 14-9-2017 at 9:23 PM, XRobinson said:

ludendorrf_textured5.jpg

ludendorrf_textured4.jpg

ludendorrf_textured3.jpg

ludendorrf_textured2.jpg

ludendorrf_textured1.jpg

Welcome to the real Ludendorff bridge.

Last night I dug out my old bridge build and decided to bring it in Substance Painter, I think I will try to do another UV map for it though because its a big mesh and the detailing paint is getting stretched, may do a projection by view UV map, so can get the details like rivets and wear and tear on it.  No I haven't given up on WW2 map for this bridge, this bridge may show in HUE map for Vietnam as well as the bridge that crosses on the left side, as this is a railroad bridge like the one that was there.  I have been trying to ramp things up and get these things made and in a playable map, time to work overtime...had a little fun with GIMP and put what a tank might look like on the bridge... :)

Those that do not know about the General Ludendorff bridge  named after a WW1 General:

Great stuff man. I like WW2 stuff. :-)

9 minutes ago, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

Well i could model that mk19 but that is even more work with blueprints :)

Maybe someone, also as talented, might have modelled one already. At least the shooting mechanics for grenade launchers are already in Squad. I remember when quick firing grenade launcher hacks infiltrated Squad. They were devastating. US version of the rocket techie would be something to fear.

Since I did the UV map of the Ludendorff bridge and started painting it, I thought well, I better start making the map for it or its not going to get used where it is supposed to right.  So, last couple of days I worked on getting the Remagen map started, and it still has long ways to go, but it's started, and I thought I make a little promo pic of the map with the two assets I made for it also to get into the WW2 mode again.  You ready to fight for the bridge that helped the Allies break out into Germany in WW2?

map_remagen_wip.jpg

I read a little more on this battle on wiki and it turns out a lot more happened here than people realize, Germany threw every asset they could at this bridge to bring it down even underwater marines in a night mission, the allies put lights in the water just in case they tried that...and all kinds of shelling and bombing happened that left craters everywhere and houses destroyed. Good read.

Edited by XRobinson

13 hours ago, XRobinson said:

I read a little more on this battle on wiki and it turns out a lot more happened here than people realize, Germany threw every asset they could at this bridge to bring it down even underwater marines in a night mission, the allies put lights in the water just in case they tried that...and all kinds of shelling and bombing happened that left craters everywhere and houses destroyed. Good read.

Yeah! It's an absolutely fascinating and often overlooked battle. I think I legitimately learned about it by playing Battlefield 2142, then digging into that wikihole. Who said video games weren't educational? ;)

On 9/18/2017 at 11:46 AM, Major Trouble said:

Maybe someone, also as talented, might have modelled one already. At least the shooting mechanics for grenade launchers are already in Squad. I remember when quick firing grenade launcher hacks infiltrated Squad. They were devastating. US version of the rocket techie would be something to fear.

MK19 would be great to have if someone decides to model it in the future. Not only as a vehicle mounted weapon but as an emplaced one as well. It's also used by a few factions that are being worked on at the moment so it would help people check that off the to-do list.

Its not WIP. I just dont want to create a new thread for this. So I decided to flood here a little bit...

I suddenly found out that wargaming has their own channel on sketchfab, and Im pretty sure that It can be interesting for everyone...

Ofcource in the engine it looks a way better, but still Im pretty sure that some can pick up something interesting here...

So here is the link:

https://sketchfab.com/wargaming

Edited by FishMan

newnose_midangles.jpg

@LugNut

Worked on the nose today, was bothering me, had to do it in Blender, and had to edit and shape by one vertex at a time, but only took a couple of hours.  Going to fix up the fuselage and windows a little more but the nose is getting there I think.

Finished DPV, with textures, PBR ready and  ready for Unreal 4 engine.
I found out that Unreal 4 can use mirrored UVS,  and now my vehicle UVS will include that technique.

I used mirror UVS in CryEngine but never in UDK, so i never used it in Unreal 4.But now i'm happy to use it.

Any comments, is appreciated :) 

RaP_DPV_screenshot_1.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_2.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_3.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_4.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_5.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_6.png

4 hours ago, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

I found out that Unreal 4 can use mirrored UVS,  and now my vehicle UVS will include that technique.

I used mirror UVS in CryEngine but never in UDK, so i never used it in Unreal 4.But now i'm happy to use it.

RaP_DPV_screenshot_1.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_2.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_3.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_4.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_5.png

RaP_DPV_screenshot_6.png

**** !!! that looks freaking awsome !!! 

Mirror UV is ok, but try a full UV of just body and mirror the other parts could work, then you have custom more realistic camo paint, but just a suggestion to try.

Thank you guys :)

Other parts that are not connected, for example suspensions, can be mirrored without problem but, for example parts that are connected, seats, or body in UDK if you mirrored it the seams become visible, but i found out that when baking and offset mirror parts to another UV tile the seams disappear or are barely visible.

Mirroring is great it spares textures, and give sharpness, especially if doing complex hard surface and try to fit all parts.

And for example i could made more version for body and the mirroring would be even less noticeable.

1 hour ago, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

Great work my man! .

A quick question: What percentage is your map complete, (no pressure intended)?. :D

Well, i always revisit my projects after some time just to forget and see it fresh, for now its finished but i think that i will add some more hand painted areas, around tire section, cage and body.

I will start skinning it in 3ds max and after that i will revisit it for more details.

Thank you for comment man :)

But quick preset to made another skin, this will need more work but getting there

RaP_DPV__skull_screenshot_1.png

Edited by RaPtOr_v9600

On 30/09/2017 at 12:41 AM, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

RaP_DPV_screenshot_1.png

OMG! this looks just like the JO one i was going to make!!

Looks fantasic mate, well done :)

el-almein_qattara.jpg

Qattara Depression

el-almein_kidney.jpg

Kidney Ridge is really a depression and not a hill at all.

El Alamein map.

Second day on this map, this is not official map but more of practice map and getting experience making a tank map based on real location and real battle of WW2.  That is the Qattara Depression top and pic of shoreline and little depression is Kidney Ridge what the Germans called Hill 28 during the real battle and where a lot of final battles occurred during real battle before the Germans and Italians ran out of juice, water, ammo and tanks and equipment and ended up in retreat or fighting to the last guy or headed out into the desert with fuel run out in vehicles and ended up on foot in the desert.

Assets needed if anyone wants to help make them:  Desert outpost,  German artillery, Italian and German tanks, British tanks,  Light infantry troops for Americans, British, Australians, Indians,  transport vehicles for equip and gasoline, jeeps, whatever you can think of that was in this battle really....Oh train station and trains and guns... :)  

Edited by XRobinson
spelling

Crossposting from discord.

Having fun with reflections...

The general idea bihind it is to use procedurally generated normal maps...

Here a small piece of shader that will allow you to generate sphere-shaped normals with ability to control the curvature. Pay attention that if you have a circular shape with a propper UV's then you can get rid from "remove unwanted" section and save some instructions. Also linear radial gradient calculated using distance node can be used instead, but personally I like it more without the sqrt (Commented as Radial Gradient Mask).

217144-shot-171019-045531.png

Ofcource what you can see at the video is a little bit more comlex than this, but the general idea is the same. I will release it later, when I finish it (if I finish it), as usual...

Edited by FishMan

Sorry guys for lack of update, but my life is crap right now, didn't have time to drop on forums but i finished buggy drop a like :)

19 hours ago, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

Sorry guys for lack of update, but my life is crap right now, didn't have time to drop on forums but i finished buggy drop a like :)

Just WOW !

22 hours ago, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

Great work! These would seem to fit the Militia faction well, especially with the new character models coming. 

@RaPtOr_v9600 That is some top work my friend. With all the details you were describing I was thinking does he have working gauges though? Yes you do. Something even the official vehicles lack at the moment. Maybe you could add a radio to play some 'Ride of the Valkyries' or put it in as the horn. 

On 11/11/2017 at 6:01 AM, RaPtOr_v9600 said:

Definitely worth the wait! Thanks for sharing!

Take care of yourself out there.

Some top notch work on that DPV, would love to see it in action as a little scout buggy :)