Sign in to follow this  
LaughingJack

Highlight Colour: Red

I use bold red coloured text, sometimes italicised, to highlight (for clarity) text inside a Quote, or text i add to a Quote (because that is sometimes easier). It is never meant as an offensive gesture in any way and should never be taken as such.

I wish to know if this is acceptable or has something changed lately to make it unacceptable now to highlight peoples comments? Or do the Mods have an issue with red?

If it is not acceptable then please inform me of the prefered colour choice suitable for highlighting text in these forums.

.LJ

I would hope that the microagressions you speak of are not being taken into account on this forum.

On 21.8.2017 at 2:17 AM, LaughingJack said:

I wish to know if this is acceptable or has something changed lately to make it unacceptable now to highlight peoples comments? Or do the Mods have an issue with red?

no, nothing in this regard has changed lately.

afaik, Mods do not have an issue with the colour red.

On 21.8.2017 at 2:17 AM, LaughingJack said:

I use bold red coloured text, sometimes italicised [...]
It is never meant as an offensive gesture in any way and should never be taken as such.

If you are concerned that the message is taken the wrong way because of the red text, you should try a different colour. - Maybe you can find out if either the colour has an impact on the style of responses, or the content/opinion you are representing. ;)

my 2¢

Spoiler

Don't assume that users will see any formatting

There are people who, either by preference or because of technical circumstances, will not see any HTML/Rich text formatting you make in your post.

I'd not rely on font size, font weight or font colour.

You can use formatting to highlight your answers if I really want to, but I'd not use it as the only means to distinguish them from the text I'm quoting.

@beginna: yes i was. Will use another colour from now on :)

btw: love the modding forum layout - this is going to be brilliant!! many thanks to those responsible <TwoThumbsUp>

2 hours ago, beginna said:

my 2¢

i had no idea, thanks for letting me know.

Edited by LaughingJack