FeatherSton3

SQUAD In-Game Terms List (Glossary)

So, I thought that it might be helpful (and also fun) to compile a list of terms that you might come across on SQUAD that you may not be familiar with (or just forgot about :)). If you have any to add, please comment. 

Blueberries - Blue colored players (friendlies) that are part of a different squad. 

Back-Cap - Capturing the flags/points closest to your main spawn while others are capping points further away (mainly rushing enemy flags/cap zones)

30 Mike Mike- Slang for Russian 30 MIL BTR/APC

40 Mike Mike- Slang for M203 40mm under barrel grenade launcher 

FOB- Abbreviation for Forward Operating Base. In SQUAD, the FOB is a radio. This radio supplies teams with build points and ammo points. Build points are used to construct assests such as ammo crates, machine gun nests, repair stations, and HAB's. Ammo points are used up when friendlies resupply magazines at ammo crates and when mortars are fired off (Vehicle repairs use up build points).

HAB- HAB's are mobile spawn points for your entire team. HAB's can only be constructed if a FOB has been placed nearby. 

RTB- Acronym for "Return to Base"/"Returning to Base"

BTR- Acronym for Russian/Militia Armored transport vehicle. 

APC- Acronym for US Army Armored personnel carrier. 

LAT- Abbreviation for Light Anti-Tank class

HAT- Abbreviation for Heavy Anti-Tank class

Logi- Abbreviation for logistics truck

Rally- Mobile spawn with a limited (9) number of spawns which can only be used by players in that squad leaders squad.

SL- Abbreviation for Squad Lead.

MSR- Abbreviation for Main Supply Route

wtfis(number)d??? - what the **** is squad (number) doing???

I will edit and add on to this later when I am not tired. 

Edited by FeatherSton3

Psyrus   
2 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

Back-Cap - Capturing the flags/points closest to your main spawn 

I've never heard it used in that context... I've always heard and used Back-Cap as a transitive verb that represents capturing a flag behind the one that the enemy is trying to contend in an AAS game mode. 

So for example if there are 3 flags, A--B--C, and both teams are fighting over control of B, but A & C are actually active defense flags as well... Team 1 sends a small squad to go capture the undefended C flag while Team 2 is entirely committed to hitting B... At that point team 2 gets back-capped. 

Perhaps it's a regional thing. 

Edited by Psyrus

Odin   
1 hour ago, FeatherSton3 said:

30 Mike Mike- Slang for Russian 30 MIL BTR/APC

Technically this is more a generic military term for 30 mm. Not just a term used for Russian 30 mil BTR.  

Dani   

Hey, 

You might wanna add "MSR" term.. 

It stands for Main Supply Road, i think.. Heard it alot on Karmakut videos

Odin   
2 hours ago, Dani said:

Hey, 

You might wanna add "MSR" term.. 

It stands for Main Supply Road, i think.. Heard it alot on Karmakut videos

Main Supply Route

11 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Militia has the "Shitbox" & "Slip N' Slide"...

What are these?! Techy and HAB?!

13 hours ago, Odin said:

Technically this is more a generic military term for 30 mm. Not just a term used for Russian 30 mil BTR.  

I just put it down since the only 30mm as of now is the russian BTR. But I get what you are saying.

13 hours ago, Psyrus said:

I've never heard it used in that context... I've always heard and used Back-Cap as a transitive verb that represents capturing a flag behind the one that the enemy is trying to contend in an AAS game mode. 

So for example if there are 3 flags, A--B--C, and both teams are fighting over control of B, but A & C are actually active defense flags as well... Team 1 sends a small squad to go capture the undefended C flag while Team 2 is entirely committed to hitting B... At that point team 2 gets back-capped. 

Perhaps it's a regional thing. 

Interesting. I've always used it in terms of capping closest points to main base so others can push out to rush other cap points

Odin   
2 minutes ago, FeatherSton3 said:

I just put it down since the only 30mm as of now is the russian BTR. But I get what you are saying.

People use the term "40 mike mike" in reference to the M203 40mm under barrel grenade launcher as well. Just trying to avoid confusion. 

5 hours ago, FeatherSton3 said:

What are these?! Techy and HAB?!

Interesting. I've always used it in terms of capping closest points to main base so others can push out to rush other cap points

That's the part missing from your definition, I think - it is only back-capping if you are capping a point close to home while others are capping the next point farther away. Otherwise, it's just capping. I also have heard it used to describe capping a point behind a contested point, as someone else said. 

nice list @FeatherSton3 ;) . i got slak with mine - actually forgot all about it tbh. done yonks ago when i knew very little of the common (U.S.) military terms.

from mine - strike-throughs on ones youv'e already dun.

ADS (Aim Down SIghts) aiming/sighting/scoping

PR (Project Reality) the father of Squad!

LAT (Light Anti Tank)

HAT (Heavy Anti Tank)

AR (Automatic Rifle -man)

AT (Anti Tank)

MG (Machine Gun)

CAS (Close Air Support)

APC (Armoured Personel Carrier) any ground vehicle that has a gun that is mainly used for infantry support.

INF (Infantry) this is usually just an infantry squad or single unit/entity?

RTB (Return To Base)

NVG (Night Vision Goggles)

NME (  ?  )

FOB (Forward Operating Base)

POC (Point of Contact)

MOA (Minute Of Arc) inherent accuracy of a projectile given in Minutes of angle: 1 minute = 0.0166* degrees, for a particular weapon.

AAS (Advance And Secure) requires objectives to be taken in a linear, sequential order.

PAAS (Parallel Advance And Secure) a mode of AAS that allows more than one attack path to be followed, but requires taking of all current disparate/disconnected objectives in an parallel manner to allow advancing forward to the next objective(s).

AAAS (Asymetrical Advance And Secure) does not require objectives to be taken in any kind of order (aka: Conquest)

only things i'd add are:

- '40MikeMike' can also be '40Mil', if playing with Aussies.

- Now i finally know what f@%&in  'Blueberries' are - Friendlies or Blues. Cheers mate!

OP - Observation Post

SL - Squad Leader

FTL - Fire team Leader

PL - Platoon Leader 

Primary position - The main position from which a unit, squad, two squads intend to fight. It may have another position in mind which it intends to move to if the primary position can no longer be held. This other position is a secondary position.

It is the responsibility of the SL or PL to decide which is the primary and secondary position.

Secondary position - A completely new position normally prepared and at least identified to which a unit, squad or fire support element will move to when the primary position can no longer be held or is ineffective due to the flow of the battle.

Counterattack - a operation or attack to recapture lost ground, a objective or key terrain.

Alternative position - a position in the immediate area which a sub unit (MG team, AT, marksman, tank, humw, BTR, APC) can move to once they have been located by the enemy. If time allows two alternative positions can be identified before battle / fighting for the objective starts.

Interlocking fire - interlocking fire is achieved when weapon arcs from neighbouring positions link together.

There are so many more terms that are used and can be used in the squad community. If some squad leaders continue using it the rest will automatically pick it up as day to day terms, commands and slang within the community.

Edited by Andersson