Sign in to follow this  
slingerstix

Cannot Solve FPS problem

12 minutes ago, slingerstix said:

So what are some recommendations for medium level play on squad with 60fps roughly? I do not need super high def and graphics but want this game to run smooth with medium graphics.

for 60fps average (no big drops) across all maps on full servers at medium graphics, 1080p.

I would recommend the following base components (paying attention to reasonable value):

1. CPU Intel i5 6700K or 7600K and overclock it a little (you need an OC capable motherboard)
2. 16GB DDR4 3000mHz (2x8 sticks)
3. Nvidia 1060 6GB VRAM

I can't recommend anything from AMD as I have little knowledge of their stuff, but Ryzen does deliver in Squad so worth checking that out.

You could save money by going secondhand Intel/Nvidia build of course, if thats a consideration.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, godamntwitch said:

This is completely untrue, and you keep saying it on the forums.

Why let little things like knowledge or facts get in the way of a good rant? xD

2 hours ago, SHO-SHIN said:

for 60fps average (no big drops) across all maps on full servers at medium graphics, 1080p.

I would recommend the following base components (paying attention to reasonable value):

1. CPU Intel i5 6700K or 7600K and overclock it a little (you need an OC capable motherboard)
2. 16GB DDR4 3000mHz (2x8 sticks)
3. Nvidia 1060 6GB VRAM

That setup should be good for average of 60FPS @ 1080p with everything set to epic except streaming textures and super sampling :) I'm still bottlenecked by my CPU in the vast majority of cases with that exact setup

http://forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7320-what-fps-do-you-get-playing-squad-with-your-rig/?do=findComment&comment=302834

Edited by Psyrus

4 hours ago, Psyrus said:

That setup should be good for average of 60FPS @ 1080p with everything set to epic except streaming textures and super sampling :) I'm still bottlenecked by my CPU in the vast majority of cases with that exact setup

yes, I allowed a little head room for the PC to cope moving forward.