When I play squad the fps sits around 20 to 30 , Ive done everything from resting the cache, reinstalled the game, update all drivers, put all settings to low even the resolution. All other games run perfect on high settings.

Here are my specs:

AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (OC 4.1)

AMD Radeon R9 280 3GB Series

16 GB Ram

Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit

Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3 R5 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

2 hours ago, Sokrates said:
AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor (OC 4.1)

The reality is that the processor that you're currently using does not have the IPC to brute force its way through the single thread performance bottleneck that exists in the current versions of Squad. 

Overclocking more or getting a CPU with higher single thread performance will reap higher FPS. It's fundamentally a Squad issue, but if you wish to play the current versions of squad, your CPU needs to change in some way (either more overclocking or a better CPU). 

Further game optimization down the track should further alleviate game-thread bottlenecks, and perhaps allow players on older generations of hardware to play the game at higher FPS. 

9 hours ago, ArmyAlexReborn said:

I get 40 fps with an i7 4790K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB RAM.

something isn't set up right would be my guess, or there is an imbalance with the spec.

So, can you let us know the following:

1. are you running the 4790k at stock speed, cooling all ok?
2. what RAM CL and speed?
3. what resolution are you playing at?
4. ensure (for now) full texture loading is off in Squad settings
5. clear cache from Squad settings
6. GPU drivers all upto date?

cheers!

On 8/15/2017 at 8:33 PM, Psyrus said:

The reality is that the processor that you're currently using does not have the IPC to brute force its way through the single thread performance bottleneck that exists in the current versions of Squad. 

Overclocking more or getting a CPU with higher single thread performance will reap higher FPS. It's fundamentally a Squad issue, but if you wish to play the current versions of squad, your CPU needs to change in some way (either more overclocking or a better CPU). 

Further game optimization down the track should further alleviate game-thread bottlenecks, and perhaps allow players on older generations of hardware to play the game at higher FPS. 

This is ridiculous the game is unplayable , 20 fps is not gonna cut it. Could you guys just dedicate an update to performance ? . might as well rename the engine to unreal s*** 4 . I don't hate you guys. But seriously fix it already, the game has been around for a while.

46 minutes ago, Sokrates said:

This is ridiculous the game is unplayable , 20 fps is not gonna cut it. Could you guys just dedicate an update to performance ? . might as well rename the engine to unreal s*** 4 . I don't hate you guys. But seriously fix it already, the game has been around for a while.

Please do some research about game (or software) development in general, and the phases of the project, and try to understand where major optimization will fit in during the development process. That, or wait until the game is actually released (aka not in early access) before complaining. 

The Squad devs can't do much about the fact that Unreal Engine 4 is badly optimised. They build the game on the engine, not the engine itself. To be honest the performance for me has pretty much doubled since the first release of alpha 7. The devs are optimising the game where and whenever they can, but the engine itself will need a few more updates before the performance will be what it should be.