Romagnolo

Pre-alpha general impression main thread

I think it gets a bit too arcadey when your whole team is right outside a FOB shooting in/fragging and you see waves of people spawn in front of your eyes. Even 25% is impossible if you are constantly outnumbered due to new spawns taking the place of those who died.

I suppose once some kind of destruction is in game FOBs and Radios won't be as formidable...

I was finding this aswell, it basically turned into Fort War's. Like one team would build a massive FOB and the other would build rally's and stuff nearby and attack, it would all just devolve into fighting in one really small area. It was actually better a lot of the time to just build a FOB without anything else around it and just conceal the Radio.

im about to compile a short compilation of all the grenadier kills i think i've scored in the past couple hours.

im getting pretty damn good with that thing.

NOT ABOUT THE KILLS MAN ;) Why not post a video showing a compilation of team work? After all that should be the only primary game play right?

I added Squad to my Steam Library in the hopes that people would see me playing it and message me about it.

I did the exact same thing- and something better too; when they pm you about it just invite them to one of the Steam hosted "broadcasts" and they can see snippets of the game as you play it.

Apparently a lot of people on my friends list know about the game who I never would have even guessed would :)

The forest map at Night was probably my least favourite to play (not sure why, possibly the lack of light's + close proximity of dense clump's of tree's).

Maybe add more light's (like the other night map's have round the Compound's) I was also thinking maybe have random flare's going off now and then in contested area's (Trip flare's need to make a come-back!)

NOT ABOUT THE KILLS MAN ;) Why not post a video showing a compilation of team work? After all that should be the only primary game play right?

because the next video I post will be the only video i'll ever post about Squad ever, right?

I had the same problem i did some research in the Default.ini file and changed this:

+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=Z,Scale=1.000000) -> move forward
+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveForward",Key=S,Scale=-1.000000) -> move back
+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=Q,Scale=-1.000000) -> move left
+AxisMappings=(AxisName="MoveRight",Key=D,Scale=1.000000) -> move right

-> and save it

one more thing, look that you don't have the keys bind for something else, you can find it with ctrl+f 

Sincerely,

Five

OK Update: I'm trying to change my Q&E keys from lean to move and my A&D keys from move to lean. 

Turns out I can swap the keys in the DefaultInput.ini but lean will not move to A&D even if the keys are changed in the file. Swapping them there will only make both lean & move happen at the same time on Q&E. 

Any ideas?

You also have a specific user configuration in C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\Squad\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor where you can fix everything. I play with very custom binds so I had to do some manual work to get it to function how I wanted it, but it works fine now :)

Yeah was just in game and people were saying to look in AppData. I'll look there later. Apparently this config file overrides the other one.

i absolutely love the game. in fact, i love every single aspect in it. Squad Fanboy confirmed. The gameplay, The graphic, The sounds (!!!), The UI, The learning curve, The team work, The maps art and design omg this is exactly the game i dreamed on all my mature life. I'm absolutely stunned and impressed by this game. I won't write anything about technical bugs or defects because i do understand this is only a Pre - Alpha and we have a long way ahead and alot of things is subject to change and got fixed and improved. I really love the direction you guys taking this game to and as someone already said (i don't remember who) is that after playing the game you got this good feeling that you know that this project is in good loving hands and those guys won't screw it. I love you Offworld Industries  and i always will. You and NWI im my top favorite DEVS of all times :) 

Been having a lot of fun. The only thing hindering my experience is the server degredation that can lead to a bit of wonky hit detection. When it's working though it feels great! I get anywhere from 60-120fps on max settings depending on how many players are nearby, and it's always playable which is great.

It's been fun, love the gun play and base building mechanics.

The low frame rate in heavy servers is the only downer, playing at 30/40 fps is a little too clunky for me (I'm sure it will improve)

Looking forward to trying vehicles.

Well done,  pretty smooth alpha so far.

I missed the pre-alpha. Any videos?

There's people streaming right now on Twitch.

I want to give a shout out to these fine folks:

• HUFFwell
  • goodbyedrjones
  • nvvy (should be the first player in squad to get access to the Spec Ops kit)
  • Kruger17 (basically became an FTL. and was good at it)
  • cmi-Labud
  • Hollywood
  • Jakob
  • Manaan75
  • TryHard Line
  • RagdollOMG
  • iSouthernSparx (being my co-SL, damn fine job dude).
  • Soarin Peterson
i apologize if i missed any.

you dudes were awesome. i had an effing blast tonight. if any of you see this, add me on Steam to play some Project Reality during the week when servers are down.

Insurgency Team 2015: we take your points and interrupt your minecraft sessions

I want to give a shout out to these fine folks:

• HUFFwell
  • goodbyedrjones
  • nvvy
  • Kruger17
  • cmi-Labud
  • Hollywood
  • Jakob
  • Manaan75
  • TryHard Line
  • RagdollOMG
  • iSouthernSparx (being my co-SL, damn fine job dude).
  • Soarin Peterson

i apologize if i missed any.

you dudes were awesome. i had an effing blast tonight. if any of you see this, add me on Steam to play some Project Reality during the week when servers are down.

Insurgency Team 2015: we take your points and interrupt your minecraft sessions

Was a blast man, I'll be sure to add you on steam!

Haven't seen any really tactical teamwork videos, although its early days yet. If there are any -more tactical- videos available, would be nice to have a link. The slower paced teamwork type game play, not the run and gun type things. Thanks.

dissapointed, within 1 minute that u spawn u see 10 people,kill 1/2 and die.

this repeats itself continuesly.

I guess i was hoping to much for it to be like PR.

But since its still so early in test builds ill keep playing it every new weekend,till full game.

It can only improve

Yeah for me its to fast paced atm, dont think that i am going to love the 50vs50 battles because that would be a spawn kill fest and madness.

But i am sure alot will be changed once its released.

I do enjoy the game when there is like 20 players on the server.

It depends a lot on the SL and the squad members, and how the other squads cooperate. I had a few matches that were truely amazing, highly tactical and lots of communication and cooperation inside a squad and between squads. I led some of these squads myself and it was amazing gameplay. But I also had lots of stupid matches where half of the team sits on top of each other in a FOB and build stuff Minecraft-style and ignoring all calls over squad radio. A good or bad SL makes or breaks the enjoyment. Now, if I am in a bad squad, I just leave it and try another one and avoid that SL in the future.

Maybe we should have some "newbie" or "fun" servers up in each region? Problem is, they won't fill up and the idiots (or call them different-minded players) come to the full servers. One of them told me, we take this game too seriously. What? :blink:

Overall I am greatly impressed with what you guys have put together. The overall feel of PR is there which I honestly thought couldn't happen with any other engine. The graphics are gorgeous. I've been shot in the face multiple times because I was too distracted by the pretty grenades going off or the backblast of an RPG. The models feel solid. That may sound weird but if you've played ARMA III you know what I mean as the models in that game move around like RC Cars on ice.

The game runs better in Pre-Alpha then BF 3 and 4 did on release. If the devs keep this level of professionalism and dedication as the solid framework of this game is filled out toward a finished product, I know my money is well spent.

Some highlights from last night:

- Someone saying to the reminder of us that just defended an FOB: "Oh my God, I can't believe we survived that" literally half a second before gunfire erupted and a second assault started"

- Shooting two silhouettes from a bunker not 7 feet away through thick smoke. Relieved to see they weren't teammates.

TLDR: You can tell this game is great because I had a blast despite losing every. single. round.

Great fun,intense fire fights :D

Very helpful players answering just about all questions asked, a good community of players.

For a pre-alpha release, game ran fluid. Sounds are really well done and just adds to battles. Only hic-cups I really encountered were ballestic hits @ close range, some registering others not.

Others were basically saying the same. I`m sure as pre-alpha goes through development, that will improve.

Well done guys, time to go Squatchin B)

It depends a lot on the SL and the squad members, and how the other squads cooperate. I had a few matches that were truely amazing, highly tactical and lots of communication and cooperation inside a squad and between squads. I led some of these squads myself and it was amazing gameplay. But I also had lots of stupid matches where half of the team sits on top of each other in a FOB and build stuff Minecraft-style and ignoring all calls over squad radio. A good or bad SL makes or breaks the enjoyment. Now, if I am in a bad squad, I just leave it and try another one and avoid that SL in the future.

Maybe we should have some "newbie" or "fun" servers up in each region? Problem is, they won't fill up and the idiots (or call them different-minded players) come to the full servers. One of them told me, we take this game too seriously. What? :blink:

its not the SL as so much as it is the people in the server WILLING to listen.

I played 7 games last night with the same SL, each time was a different "squad" feeling and it had nothing to do with the SL.

There are very few squads that actually play tactically. Almost all of my experiences is drooping eggs (rally points) every 40 seconds. running around re spawning and dying without care of medics or anything.

Hopefully after more mechanics are added and mechanics are tweaked this will be lessened. 

Its sad to see game play dissolve into that, and eventually people can't keep blaming the scoreboard that doesn't exist.

The sad part is zergling tactics work better and are more effective. :/ I can't wait for that to be fixed.

I very much look forward to having wounding mechanics in the game. Right now medics are almost pointless Taking a shot doesn't really affect you at all. I can't wait to see good wounding mechanics :) Really makes the medic role important and I love playing as a medic.

Gosh I am so excited to see this game grow :) It is already better than anything out there. Trust me I have played them all 1000+ hours. I can't wait! :)