Allan Davidson

What Conflict/theater You Want To Be Featured In Squad?

Someone mentioned it in the official faction thread, but I'd love to see two irregular forces fighting each other (something we've yet to see in Project Reality). Two good theaters for this (that are listed on the main post) would be the Yugoslav theater, in which skirmishes between Serb and Albanian/Bosnian/Croat paramilitaries weren't uncommon, and the current Ukrainian theater (which would be a Ukrainian paramilitary vs. Separatists).

I think very long term you would have historical battles, modern battles, and fantasy battles. The fantasy battles would involve zombies or aliens. An FPS vs RTS mode would be cool too. One team is a highly trained military such as America filled with FPS players, while the enemy team is a conscript military of bots controlled by one general and maybe supported by 2 captains to divide control. Or you can have a hybrid FPS/RTS mode in which you play normally but can also control bots from both FPS and an RTS view.

How about Soviet- Afghan war. You don't see people talk about it.

I just can't wait to fly a MI 24 and bestow my rockets on mujaheddin. 

Hi, I'm a die hard project reality / battlefield fan.

I've always wanted to play these armies in PR:

Turkish Armed Forces (Conflicts: PKK, Cyprus, perhaps Syria)

Turkish Army vs SAA would be awesome! Turkey cant wait for Assad and the SAA to fall, but Russia has Syria's back in this fight

Someone mentioned it in the official faction thread, but I'd love to see two irregular forces fighting each other (something we've yet to see in Project Reality). Two good theaters for this (that are listed on the main post) would be the Yugoslav theater, in which skirmishes between Serb and Albanian/Bosnian/Croat paramilitaries weren't uncommon, and the current Ukrainian theater (which would be a Ukrainian paramilitary vs. Separatists).

also FSA vs Jabat Al Nusra, and that would practically be a mirror match.

I think very long term you would have historical battles, modern battles, and fantasy battles. The fantasy battles would involve zombies or aliens. An FPS vs RTS mode would be cool too. One team is a highly trained military such as America filled with FPS players, while the enemy team is a conscript military of bots controlled by one general and maybe supported by 2 captains to divide control. Or you can have a hybrid FPS/RTS mode in which you play normally but can also control bots from both FPS and an RTS view.

the only fantasy battle in this game, like PR, are like Russian Army vs IDF, or the Turkish Army vs SAA as above.

How about Soviet- Afghan war. You don't see people talk about it.

I just can't wait to fly a MI 28 and bestow my rockets on mujaheddin. 

great idea. gunships and stinger missiles for sure

+ 1 on Falklands conflict and Afghanistan.

Would be nice to see a Northern Ireland map with IRA etc.

It's probably been mentioned, but I'd like to eventually see either the JSDF or the US Marines fighting the Chinese in the South China Sea.

The Battle of Mogadishu happened during the United Nations Operation in Somalia.

Battle of mogadishu is prettymuch trademarked by Nologic inc. with their title Black Hawk Dawn, form 2003 I believe it were. So for commercial game it would be pretty much nogo me thinks.

You can't trademark an event. Besides, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down was made in 2003. This is 2015. If Squad wanted to they could totally do a Mogadishu map and faction and not fear any legal repercussions as long as they don't rename their game: "Delta Force: Black Hawk Down".

I remember hearing about something like that a few years ago, Novalogic sued over "Delta Force" trademark,

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/17/novalogic-sues-activision-over-use-of-delta-force/

http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/5/15/3021964/developer-novalogic-suing-activision-for-use-of-delta-force-trademark

was one heck of a strange lawsuit, all considering as it's not trademarked by the US DoD because it's a classified unit.

No idea how it played out in court/settlement.

Ukraine would be pretty cool.

Definitely. its the biggest conflict outside the middle east if im not mistaken 

id love to see the Korean war as its not done much and the mix of ww2 and Vietnam era would be cool :D  

Korea. I know it might not fit the timeframe of Squad but I've not seen a single game dedicated to the theatre.

Korea. I know it might not fit the timeframe of Squad but I've not seen a single game dedicated to the theatre.

A while ago I thought about making a korea community faction for PR

The Horus Heresy.

I'm still waiting for a good WH40k FPS so I can play as a guardsman and die within 30 seconds

I'm still waiting for a good WH40k FPS so I can play as a guardsman and die within 30 seconds

Executed by a Commissar, boosting morale.