Zylfrax791

Supplemental Rules

This is simply an educational database of additional server rules I've found and absolutely not a discussion topic regarding the subject itself pro or con. Mods please delete anything that is not educational and adds to the database.

As Squad evolves we've seen that different servers have applied supplemental rule sets and guidelines on top of the internal rules built into the game and the vanilla OWI guidelines. Here are the main ones I've found thus far in no particular order and not applicable to any one distinct server, just simply listed to familiarize yourself with plus know what you might expect entering an unfamiliar server. Its always a good idea to check the servers rules before playing there.

In addition, if you choose to update the list I've started please don't quote what I've posted and add rules that way. Instead, copy and paste the list and add numerical lines in order to keep the topic clean and understandable.

Supplemental Rule List

1. No one manning APC's.
2. To claim an APC you must name your squad APC.
3. To claim a Logistics truck you must name your squad Logistics.
4. No rushing first flag.
5. No rushing first and second flags.
6. No locking squads.
7. No locking squads until 4 members.
8. No locked one man squads.
9. No mines within 300 meters of main.
10. Do not camp main.
11. There may only be 1 APC squad.
12. No pings over 250.
13. You can camp main but only after all flags are capped.
14. 15x15 only fight over center objective.
15. 16x16 only fight over center objective.
16. 20v20 only fight over center objective.
17. No FOB/HAB destruction below 15x15, 16x16 & 20x20 in order to populate the server.
18. Only vehicles specifically designed as suicide vehicles by the game designers (i.e. bomb cars) may be used as such. Placement of explosives on vehicles and using them as suicide vehicles, intentional ramming of enemy vehicles to suicide, etc is prohibited.
19. Players may not abuse the game physics for vehicles to continuously run over enemy soldiers.
20. Vehicles that have both a driver/pilot position and a primary gunner position must be crewed by 2 players with the proper kits to operate those positions at all times. If a crewman is killed or is lost via disconnection from the server, the driver is responsible for returning the vehicle to the safety of the main base immediately. Vehicles may not be one-manned from the main to pick up a second crewman or pilot.
21. Vehicle assets may be assigned to a specific squad only through the orders of the commanding officer. If there is no commanding officer, vehicle assets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
22. Players may not take a vehicle currently in use by another squad. Once a vehicle has left the main it is considered to be in use and permission must be received from the squad that took the vehicle or the commanding officer before another squad may take that vehicle.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Zylfrax791 said:

18. Only vehicles specifically designed as suicide vehicles by the game designers (i.e. bomb cars) may be used as such. Placement of explosives on vehicles and using them as suicide vehicles, intentional ramming of enemy vehicles to suicide, etc is prohibited.

Curious about this one, seems odd to have considering the Devs have explicitly said they won't be adding dedicated SVBIEDs. That one shows an admin/rules team that doesnt quite understand the game.

Dont see the point of a supplemental rule list when its completely different for every server though. Most of these are never applicable on the most popular servers. The only ones really seen are the 15v15 rulesets you listed for popping servers and rules related to 1 manning vehicles.

My suggestion for your list is only list the absolutely most common rules, no obscure rules that appear on a single server.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

10 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Curious about this one, seems odd to have considering the Devs have explicitly said they won't be adding dedicated SVBIEDs. That one shows an admin/rules team that doesnt quite understand the game.

Dont see the point of a supplemental rule list when its completely different for every server though. Most of these are never applicable on the most popular servers. The only ones really seen are the 15v15 rulesets you listed for popping servers and rules related to 1 manning vehicles.

My suggestion for your list is only list the absolutely most common rules, no obscure rules that appear on a single server.

I think what's meant by number 18 is no IED's on a BDRM for example. They cost quite a few tickets when destroyed so it's a bit annoying to say the least to lose one because a team mate used it as a VBIED. Motorbikes don't cost you any tickets when destroyed. I can understand it but at the same time if you're only able to use motorbikes on a server as IED's then it's very easy for the opponent team to avoid motorbikes.

As for the rest, it might help if we know how many unique servers have these rules. If we know that only one has the IED rule but twenty have the 15v15 rules then that's more useful.

11 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

Regarding the seeding rule-set, I'd like to see a "seeding map" for server admins where all flags are capped and central point is objective. Also include an indestructible HAB/FOB for each side similar to the fire range base map. Give the admin the player qualifier count control 15v15, 16v16, 20v20; new round auto starts when count is met. Should help make it somewhat standardized and idiot proof. Some admins go on a kicking spree when those with ill intent break the manually managed rules, which causes a significantly longer seeding time.

Beyond that, I believe we can see a lot of the varying rules go away when the game gets closer to "code-lock", hopefully, by way of addressing issues in game design. Otherwise, servers with said rule lists need to be moved to "custom server filter".

Limiting the amount of people who can fight on the center objective is pretty odd to me xD.

There's already maps good for seeding. They are called infantry-only.
Thing is, most of the time, when a server is unpopulated it's also lacking admins to change the map.
Until there is a way to automate map change based on player count, seeding rules will be required.

23. any rule which reduces the chance of LOL is void.

24. games should be fun

New rules I was informed of today:

25. No locking squads until 3 members.

26. No kicking members out of your squad without stating a reason.

27. "Mercy Rule" can be used at any point during the game regardless of ticket counts and flag possession.

28. No blocking bridges with vehicles.

29. No shooting from under the surface of the water.

30. No placing FOB's under the surface of the water.

31. No shooting from vehicles within 400 meters of main base.

32. No placing FOB's "out in the middle of nowhere"...

All right, allow me to introduce myself:

Hi, I'm Nordic. Owner of Mumblerines and running one of the most popular servers in the game so I think I'm qualified to comment on some things.

Let's go!

1. No one manning APC's.

Awesome! You've been to Mumblerines. I hope you enjoyed your stay. Here's the reasoning:

First of all, one manning APC's (Stryker, BRDM, MTLB, BTR to be precise in current game) is not going to be possible in the future as it's simply not intentional. And by possible I mean viable. As far as I know, the last idea was to have a switch delay but still not flat out impossible as in PR.)

Second: The reason we added this rule was because we kept seeing 1 random dude taking a 30-40 ticket vehicle (Before the change in v9.6) and go off solo, jump out to try to kill some dude with his rifle and get killed or simply abandon it in the middle of nowhere after taking 1 or 2 RPG's or getting shot at by a .50. 
After we implemented it we saw a GIGANTIC increase of quality in gameplay, dedicated APC Squads is in 95% of the games on our server and it's just overall fantastic. No more solo on a hill shooting 1 enemy every 5 mins but actually helping infantry on the flags.

Throwback from PR with assets squads. Overall helps SL's realize what Squad 3 is actually doing and when looking through the scoreboard you can find "MECH INF" or "2 MAN STRYKER" pretty easy and know who to address.

Don't see the problem.

Now this is a rule I can't agree with simply because the claiming system doesn't allow you to claim a logi truck with only 1 man. Once (if) that is in, see #2 for why it's a good idea.

A little harsh in my opinion. If no logi squad, what do? No FOB or break server rules?

4. No rushing first flag - 5. No rushing first and second flags.

Implemented by Desmos playground because they're going for noob friendly servers of people who want to learn the game and I can absolutely see why they use that. I personally do not agree with it, I think tactics should be open for everyone. Solution? I simply do NOT play there. It's not that hard.

Desmos offer a good area for someone to learn the very very basics of the game. What's the problem with that?

Most people wouldn't stay around for long if all they experienced was getting bumrushed in the face 24/7.

6. No locking squads. 7. No locking squads until 4 members. 8. No locked one man squads.

I can see why in some way, you don't want unassigned players but sometimes you just want to play with your friends or NOT having to kick people who join your "3 man mortar" or "2 man BTR" squad 24/7.

The second part is just because a game with 9 "3 man recon" squads would be worthless and incredibly ineffecient and produce bad gameplay.

1 man squads will be viable when (if) you can claim a logi or transport alone. Put on some music, lock your squad and load up your logi and go truckin'.

Can't say much, I don't agree with said rules and it's why I do not run it but I can see peoples reasoning ahead of it. However I think it does more harm than good.

9. No mines within 300 meters of main. 10. Do not camp main.

Mines I don't see the problem with being close to main. People should be watching out, can't comment.

Why you cannot camp main is simply because it ruins gameplay and just turns into a stomping fest with both teams waiting for the game to end.

Should be gone with the mercy bleed in AAS.

Uhm. What. Why. Dunno. As baffled as you in this case.

12. No pings over 250.

Squad is a game were high ping players have an incredible advantage over people with lower pings. Stuff like dodging hits and what not becomes super easy. Problem of online gaming.

Way to not prolong the game I guess.

17. No FOB/HAB destruction below 15x15, 16x16 & 20x20 in order to populate the server.

Since you've never ran a server you have no idea how tough it is to seed it everyday and to get people to stay. Fighting over 1 objectives gives fun and fast combat and less boredom with 6 players in total than running all over the map encountering an enemy every 5 minutes. Not a lot of people would stay in that environment.

I'd like to see you seed a server without that so I have an offer for you later! Stay tuned!

Obviously someone got tired of people blowing up logi techies for 1 US soldier kill.

19. Players may not abuse the game physics for vehicles to continuously run over enemy soldiers.

Can cause people to fall below the map because of rag doll issues. Totally understandable. Would risk ruin peoples games more than that bug already does. Not suprising.

20. Vehicles that have both a driver/pilot position and a primary gunner position must be crewed by 2 players with the proper kits to operate those positions at all times. If a crewman is killed or is lost via disconnection from the server, the driver is responsible for returning the vehicle to the safety of the main base immediately. Vehicles may not be one-manned from the main to pick up a second crewman or pilot.

See #1

21. Vehicle assets may be assigned to a specific squad only through the orders of the commanding officer. If there is no commanding officer, vehicle assets are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

See #1 - all though I don't understand who "commanding officer" is.

22. Players may not take a vehicle currently in use by another squad. Once a vehicle has left the main it is considered to be in use and permission must be received from the squad that took the vehicle or the commanding officer before another squad may take that vehicle.

Stealing transport trucks is a *** move. Also see #21 and #1

25. No locking squads until 3 members.

See #6

26. No kicking members out of your squad without stating a reason.

Directly a violation against OWI's license requirements.

27. "Mercy Rule" can be used at any point during the game regardless of ticket counts and flag possession.

What's a mercy rule?

28. No blocking bridges with vehicles.

Run on noob friendly servers. Check #4

29. No shooting from under the surface of the water.

Because it was previously bugged and currently very hard to see people and hit them is also a lot harder than for them to shoot out. Not rocket science.

30. No placing FOB's under the surface of the water.

Makes FOB unkillable if done on Basrah.

31. No shooting from vehicles within 400 meters of main base.

Uhm.

32. No placing FOB's "out in the middle of nowhere"...

FOBs 500 meters away from the flag were you're forced to run across open ground triggers me. But repair fobs are viable.

Overall conclusion:

You have no feeling how it is to run a server or why these rules are in play or what would happen if some of them were not. You're outright laughable and you don't understand admin work.

BUT FEAR NOT FOR I HAVE AN OFFER:

Since you think "over zealous admins" are ruining Squad and the work developers do I am offering you YOUR VERY OWN SERVER FOR FREE.

Hosted in my apartment in Sweden on top end enthusiast hardware and 1.5 GBIT/s internet connection it gives you the best 80 players performance you can get and you'll get it for free. If it's still actively in play 90 days from now I'll let you have it for free for a life time

A Server License is included in the deal.

This is your chance to prove just how good you would make a server if it had no overzealous admins.

My question is:

What's your wanted server name, map rotation and I need a list of steamid64 of admins to add.

Looking forward to hear from you.

56 minutes ago, Nordic said:

A Server License is included in the deal.

Pimping out my services again, eh?

New rule I found this morning:

33. Squads must only fight over the attack marker (Yellow Triangle) and the defend marker (Purple Shield).

What about the, playing Squad naked rule? Im pretty sure that's against EULA, and if it isn't, it darn well should be! At least put a god damn towel down or something....jeeezus...and telling team mates your playing butt- naked should be a banable offence also. It's a friggin god damned darn image i just don't need when im trying my best to darn well concentrate on the task at hand. Just saying...

Posted (edited)
On 13.8.2017 at 11:29 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

This is simply an educational database of additional server rules I've found and absolutely not a discussion topic regarding the subject itself pro or con. Mods please delete anything that is not educational and adds to the database.

As Squad evolves we've seen that different servers have applied supplemental rule sets and guidelines on top of the internal rules built into the game and the vanilla OWI guidelines. Here are the main ones I've found thus far in no particular order and not applicable to any one distinct server, just simply listed to familiarize yourself with plus know what you might expect entering an unfamiliar server. Its always a good idea to check the servers rules before playing there.

In addition, if you choose to update the list I've started please don't quote what I've posted and add rules that way. Instead, copy and paste the list and add numerical lines in order to keep the topic clean and understandable.

Supplemental Rule List

1. No one manning APC's.
4. No rushing first flag.
5. No rushing first and second flags.
6. No locking squads.
7. No locking squads until 4 members.
8. No locked one man squads.
9. No mines within 300 meters of main.
10. Do not camp main.
12. No pings over 250.

Some good and some odd (2,3,6,7,11,13,14,15,16,18,) rules imo.

btw. your last rule 22 is very good!

2. What about Mec Inf ?

3. It's quite unusual that someone will play logistics runs a whole game exception are chopper logistics but that stuff isnt released yet.

6/7 If you got a map with only 1 or 2 tanks your tank squad can be locked, if all slots like driver; gunner are fulfilled

11 If the map offer enough vehicles of one kind, why not share them between several squads, like vehicle warfare ?

13 Sryly do you really want that spawncamping can be happening without breaking any rules ? I mean we have stuff like mortars and powerfull vehicles.

14,15,16 Thats dosent make sense and would be a nightmare for all admins, if you cant wipe out the opponent like a super fob its alawys worth a try to out number him in cap range.

18. Dont forget that only motorbikes are worth the tickets to blow up all other vehicles arent woth the bombing run exeption of a full apc.

But i'm a branded player thats being said, i've played PR for a long time on our clanserver "[NEW] New Era Warfare #1 DE/EN"

I'm sure or at least i hope that someday Squad will be similar to PR and our ruleset was quiet enjoying for the players, except somtimes for the admins.

I guess you can get some in inspirations if you are browse through the ruleset in the spoiler ^^

The ruleset was edited and extended several times over the years and should be for Squad it in an amended form rewritten.

Spoiler

Content:
1. General & Mumble
2. Commander, Squadleader and Squads
3. Vehicles and Assets
4. Mainbase Assets and Baserape
5. Suicide Tactics
6. Cheats/Glitches
7. Behavior
8. Mortars
9. Banned

----------

1. General & Mumble

1.1 The [NEW]-Community is trying to keep the game experience on a high level.

1.2 Ingametags: [NEW] = Admin; [new] = Member

1.3 No Squads before startup-countdown reaches 3:00

----------

2. Commander, Squadleader and Squads

2.1 <4-Men locked Squads aren't allowed. You'll may get resigned then.

2.2 The Commander has to do his job seriously and isn't allowed to abuse his power for personal advantages. A beginner with less PR skills shouln't apply to the command job.

2.3.1 The Commander is allowed to request a resign of non teamworking Squadleaders.

2.3.2 The Commander can assign vehicles to the squads.

2.3.3 The Commander is also empowered to resign the squad if circumstances demand it meaning in case of multiple asset waste or not following the orders.

2.4 The Squadleader is allowed to assign kits and assets to his Squadmember. Don't take a kit without permission and leave the squad.

----------

3. Vehicles and Assets

3.1 All vehicles have to be manned with their minimum crew they require to work appropriately (included the CrowHummvee and Panther - excluded AA-vehicles).

3.2.1 Heavy assets may be operated only by players beeing in a correct named squad.
The first correct named squad is in charge of the belonging assets. (TANK, APC, CAS, MECH-INF)

3.2.2 Transport Helicopters, AAVs plus other light vehicles are not affected by the Asset Rule.

3.2.3 No locked asset squads, as long as not all belonging vehicles on the field are actively in use.

3.2.4 1x APC/IFV can be used per infantry squad (at least 6 men) as support. -> MECH-INF

3.2.5 APC squad decides which APC(s) may be used by MECH-INF but MECH-INF is always granted higher priority in case there are not enough vehicles availiable for MECH-INF and APC squad. If there are multiple MECH-INF squads and no APC squad "First Come - First Serve" applies.

3.2.6 A Commander not in duty from the beginning cant re/as-sign assets already in use.

3.3 No teamkillig for vehicles.

3.4 If Pilots crash their vehicles multiple times because of low "skills", they'll get kicked/timebanned ->Our server is no trainingserver!

3.5 In case that the crew has to get out of their vehicle for repairs etc.,
the "Stealing"of it is forbidden.

3.6 On Insurgency gamemode, Blufor isn't allowed to request AA Kits.

3.7 Assets have to be used in a proper way.

3.7.1 You are allowed to use a Transport Helicopter for attack runs as long as there aren't any transport or logistic requests and there is more than one Transport Helicopter available.

3.8 No Roadkilling - You may run down enemies only in the direction you are driving.
means turning around or circling in a non-armored vehicle just to kill is forbidden.

----------

4. Mainbase Assets and Baserape

4.1 No shooting at the enemys Mainbase.

4.1.1 Shooting back at Mainbase is allowed only, if the enemy shoots out of it to/at you first.

4.2.2 AREA ATTACK or MORTAR Strikes on mainbases is forbidden at all.

4.3.1 Attacking or getting in the radius of the last capable flag of the AAS order is allowed only, if the AAS status of the flag is marked as active.

4.3.2 This excludes fighting against active threats which are currently positioned in that area.
( Manned AA / AT / Mortar positions, AA/AT Infantry or heavy assets such as Tanks, APCs, ect)
A Firebase is not a threat!

4.4 A dogfight which begins in a neutral zone can be decided anywhere on the map even at the enemy mainbase.

----------

5. Suicide Tactics

5.1 Only Insurgents and Taliban are allowed to make use of Suicidetactics (No BlueFor C4 trucks etc).

----------

6. Cheats/Glitches

6.1 Cheating and Glitching is strictly forbidden.

6.2 Excessive Glitching of Deployable Roadblocks into buildings/objects in order to make caches impossible to access will not be tolerated.

----------

7. Behavior

7.1 Racism/insulting/swearing is forbidden. That includes Squadnames, Chat, and VoIP.

7.2 Chatspam is prohibited.

7.3 Chatlanguage, except Squadchat, is English and German.

7.4 Playernames of Warcriminals or synonyms for "bad" people/groups are prohibited

7.5 Giving intel of your own team to the enemy is prohibited.

7.6 Sabotage against your own team in all its forms is forbidden.

----------

8. Mortars

8.1 The placement of Mortars in the DoD (Dome of Death) or inside the "Mainbase of OP_Barracuda" is not allowed.

8.2 No Mortarstrikes on the enemys mainbase. (see 4.2.2)

See the DoD areas here:
http://www.newcommunity.eu/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1401

---------

9. Banned

9.1 If you got banned, you'll have the possibility to request an UNBAN here: http://www.newcommunity.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=16

----------

NOTE:
The Server Rules may change in future, so taking a look at these from time to time is recommended.

Edited by Phoenixstorm

@Phoenixstorm I think there has been a miscommunication, Zylfrax doesn't like servers imposing their own rules and so he is listing all "custom" rules that he has experienced here. These are not his ideas, but the rules he has seen on various squad servers that he plays on. 

Just now, Psyrus said:

@Phoenixstorm I think there has been a miscommunication, Zylfrax doesn't like servers imposing their own rules and so he is listing all "custom" rules that he has experienced here. These are not his ideas, but the rules he has seen on various squad servers that he plays on. 

ah ok, sorry for the misunderstanding but some custom rules are pretty usefull to add more balance / teamplay and some other rules didnt make any sense  ;D

50 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Well, Zylfrax should try playing Squad naked and see how that works out. I play Squad naked all the time and it works fine for me. I just don't tell anyone about it. Sometimes you just have to let things free ball for that free style ninja element to take full effect.

Roger that!