Mateus

Is there finally a FIX for freezing

Game randomly freezes my whole computer for 2-10 seconds, agin and agin. Any other game is running absolutely fine. IS THERE FINALLY A FIX?!

There's about 2k players without issues, sounds like a problem wit your end. What's your spec

I used to have this problem i started using CPU cores (a program on steam)  and it fixed it, some people hate on it but its the only thing that makes squad playable for me. it isolates all other process to one core and makes 3 core (i have quad core) dedicated to squad functions aswell as some other things regaurding hyperthreading and giving it priority.. i dont know how to do that nor do i care to learn how to do it on my own so for me this program is great. if your not willing to buy it or figure out how to do it on your ownTry clearing your cache and dropping all your settings down to low. that should help 

To clear cache go into settings it will be on the bottom right (not sure what tab) 

Edited by ♠DEG♠

21 hours ago, Psyrus said:

You're probably running out of ram and it is hitting your page file which is on a hdd, this causing it to wait on the io from the disk, causing a freeze. 

Edit : more info here 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrashing_(computer_science)

List your system specifications here 

I've got 16gb worth of ram and I'm encountering freezes and stuttering only on specific maps. If Squad is consuming that much ram then something is up.

18 minutes ago, Kern said:

I've got 16gb worth of ram and I'm encountering freezes and stuttering only on specific maps. If Squad is consuming that much ram then something is up.

Have you turned texture streaming off?

I am getting it too, sporadically.
It usually happens at the start of a round and then doesn't come back until the next round.
First it drops to 2 frames per second. Then after about 2 seconds the sound lags out aswell.
The whole thing never lasts longer than 5 seconds.