Socrates

Revisiting Squad Leader Options

Hello. I would like to start the discussion of new squad leader options of the future in terms of having more available options to place things on the map. Such as waypoints, curved pathways, etc. Vehicle pre-claim markers before the match starts. These will make gameplay flow much easier and facilitate communication between everyone.

What are your suggestions and ideas for the future of squad leader options?

If these are intended to be added, how long will it take?

Edited by Socrates

What I would really like is the ability to draw on the map, so at least my squad can see. Would make it a lot easier for me to initiate newer players about the importance of "making a line/perimiter", "scouting out this area", "use these entry points", etc.

8 minutes ago, plissken said:

What I would really like is the ability to draw on the map, so at least my squad can see. Would make it a lot easier for me to initiate newer players about the importance of "making a line/perimiter", "scouting out this area", "use these entry points", etc.

This was tried early in the history of the game I'm fairly certain; it ended exactly how one might expect, with lewd drawings and it cluttering the map.

Edited by DoctorKamikaze

Drawing on the map, SL to squad (perhaps for every squad member in more limited manner, but probably not) and SL-to-SL's. Could be restricted to pre-match only, although just as useful in-game.

But... I can see it devolving into crudely drawn gentleman's sausages and other Top Gear-esque humor...

41 minutes ago, plissken said:

Maybe just with some symbols/icons for these things, I've found myself wanting for these a few times, saves a lot of time compared to trying to explain it via comms.

Edited by Nimbus

3 hours ago, DoctorKamikaze said:

This was tried early in the history of the game I'm fairly certain; it ended exactly how one might expect, with lewd drawings and it cluttering the map.

This isn't an issue if implemented properly. You simply have a default map layer that can't be drawn on, then you have a squad and a team layer that can be drawn on. Squad layers are only visible to squad members, team layers are only visible to squad leaders. 

I would like to see (gpnc)markers reworked. They should be way slicker than the green jello mess we have now and it would also be nice, if they switched back to 3D space when you open your map, if you are looking in a direction of one.
edit waypoint, green sl marks, whatever you want to call them, not all marks.

Edited by Peerun